Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Long Covid or just getting on a bit?

(55 Posts)
Shinamae Wed 13-Jan-21 11:41:24

Because of my job I had a Covid test back in April and it was positive, I was asymptomatic and felt quite lucky to be that way as several of my colleagues were very very ill with it. I now find that I have very bad aching legs in the morning and sometimes it’s the whole body and fingers and toes get pins and needles, I am loath to go to Dr Google but have spoken to my doctor and there is no way of proving what it is at this time. I am covid tested every week with two tests one being the lateral flow I’ve been negative ever since....

Lucyloo12 Fri 15-Jan-21 08:51:24

Hi all, I had Covid at the end of October, symptoms lasted 4 weeks. Now my anxiety and depression are back.... had been fine for over 2 years, but now worse than ever. Not sure if it is directly covid virus related or the life we need to lead to prevent it spreading.

Cp43 Sat 16-Jan-21 07:41:18

Presumably you’ve been tested for Fibromyalgia/Lupus/Rhumatois arthritis.
My elderly friend developed it through stress but it did clear up after few weeks.

Cp43 Sat 16-Jan-21 07:57:43

I think it’s covid related. I had Covid in March. The upside is you now have antibodies and like me you probably lost weight. (Now back on again with avengence). The test i had in May showed high % of antibodies which was reassuring but I wanted to know how it would wear off so had another test in November (I paid privately) to see what level it had fallen to; it was much lower but I still had antibodies but they will fade.
I imagine by now I’ll be back to square one but apparently your body has T cells that remember Covid so if we do get it again it won’t be as severe at first time. (I hope).
It has left me with shortness of breath and fatigue, Im now anxious and worried which I wasn’t before, , it doesn’t help being cooped up at home either. My husband is no help he is a bit of an Ostrich. You should find a couple of sympathetic friends to speak to, have nice food to eat and find a hobby I’ve started painting by numbers which is therapeutic. Good luck.

nadateturbe Sat 16-Jan-21 08:25:25

I'm sorry to hear how you are Merryweather. Especially with three young children. I was lucky that mine were adults when I developed both ME and Fibro. I, like thousands of others, have lived with it for fifteen years, with practically no help or even recognition for a long time.