Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Dental Treatment during Covid. 19

(28 Posts)
3nanny6 Wed 20-Jan-21 17:29:17

I would like to ask if many of you have had dental treatment
during any of the lockdowns.?
I wanted to have a routine check-up fairly soon but have not been in pain.
I felt confident to go and do this but the Covid consent form has made me feel a bit anxious.
Most of us know that the virus can travel in aerosols.
The form explains that dental treatment can give water spray. This spray can linger in the air for minutes or up to an hour. The spray could give an inherent risk of getting infected. That is why you either sign or not.
I am not sure if I want a check up now.
What do others think?

PamelaJ1 Mon 01-Feb-21 09:20:28

My annual check up was due last April so I haven’t seen a dentist for 2 years. I rand a few weeks ago to see if I could book but unless I have a real problem I can’t. Mine is totally NHS.
I never go to the hygienist, apparently I clean my teeth exceptionally well?. I’ll take compliments wherever they come from?

PBKNOX Fri 12-Feb-21 05:42:57

I heard that almost all health professionals must conduct the covid test every 14 days to ensure they are free from the virus, especially dentists, because they have to mingle more with the patients for the treatment. Last week, I faced severe pain in my tooth. As I'm a pulmonary patient, I'm not recommended to take any painkillers or antibiotics without a doctor's prescription. So I went to consult in the nearest emergency dental clinic for the treatment. The clinic is clean, and they are taking all the safety measures during this pandemic situation. And all the dentists, nurses and even the cleaning staff are wearing the masks properly. More crowd are not allowed in the clinic. So there is not much risk in consulting a better and more hygienic clinic.