Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Are we approaching another lockdown?

(231 Posts)
Riverwalk Fri 19-Mar-21 17:32:26

We are already in a Lockdown!

nanaK54 Fri 19-Mar-21 17:31:01

We must, in my humble opinion, be optimistic, the vaccine roll out seems to be going well...

keepingquiet Fri 19-Mar-21 17:28:34

Cases are levelling out. not rising. R is still below 1, about 0.8. You are right to be slightly anxious, as we won't be back to 'normal' (whatever that means) for a long time.
You don't say how old your granddaughter is, but the younger she is the more normal this will be. I feel for older kids, though even though they are back at school life is not what it was for them.

Ellianne Fri 19-Mar-21 17:27:58

Will my granddaughter ever see normal life?
12 months on WishIwereyounger and I feel as you do. The younger generation has my greatest sympathy. They must be tired of being told what not to do. I hope if things do get bad, measures can be put in place taking them more into consideration.

Urmstongran Fri 19-Mar-21 17:20:31

It’s at the back of my mind too. One one hand I find myself thinking ‘why did Rishi Sunak extend the furlough scheme till the end of October then?’ And then I reassure myself that Carrie wants to marry Boris as soon as restrictions are lifted ...
?

WishIwasyounger Fri 19-Mar-21 17:17:17

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the graph of new cases seems to be leveling out? Some European countries seem to be going back into lockdown, so I'm now getting anxious that we're not going to be back to normal for ages. Will my grand daughter ever see normal life?