Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Boris...

(88 Posts)
farview Wed 24-Mar-21 22:04:00

I think he looks really poorly...stressed? ...long covid?.....

BigBertha1 Wed 24-Mar-21 22:14:59

He does look tired no wonder he misspoke. Its an enormous job with no respite and no haircut.

Polarbear2 Wed 24-Mar-21 22:15:34

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

JaneJudge Wed 24-Mar-21 22:23:50

He's in his 50's living in a flat with a young girlfriend and new baby which must up all night, all paid for by taxpayers. I bet he has a massive tv as well
It must be exhausting

LadyGracie Wed 24-Mar-21 22:25:54

He looks terrible, covid has a lot to answer for.

LauraNorder Wed 24-Mar-21 22:27:52

Yes I think our Prime Minister looks tired, at times exhausted.
He is trying to get us through a global pandemic and a resulting economic crisis. He has to field repetitive and often ridiculous questions from a destructive press. He is shot at from all sides by nasty and toxic keyboard warriors.
He has a small child and a young wife and no opportunity to just put his feet up and switch off.
I am not surprised he looks so tired.
I now await all the nastiness that always follows a good word for our PM.

Vickysponge Wed 24-Mar-21 22:30:49

LauraNorder

He is trying to get us through a global pandemic and a resulting economic crisis. He has to field repetitive and often ridiculous questions from a destructive press. He is shot at from all sides by nasty and toxic keyboard warriors.
He has a small child and a young wife and no opportunity to just put his feet up and switch off.

No nastiness from me. Completely agree with you.

MerylStreep Wed 24-Mar-21 22:34:42

Polarbear
If boris was on the white stuff he’d look a lot more perky at his briefings than he does.

Ellianne Wed 24-Mar-21 22:36:06

I'm sure Boris would have thought twice about taking on the role of PM if only he had known what lay ahead.
There were several posters on GN who thought he would step down last Christmas. I don't think he is a quitter as such, but I think his health might dictate such a decision in the long run.

Callistemon Wed 24-Mar-21 22:36:06

I agree LauraNorder
I commented to DH just yesterday that Boris looked unwell, or just exhausted.

Even if I don't always agree with him, didn't vote for him, that is no reason to be nasty about someone who has so much to cope with and could be struggling still with the after-effects of Covid.

Casdon Wed 24-Mar-21 22:40:25

He doesn’t look half as bad as Angela Merkel did on the news this evening, she was really struggling.

Shinamae Wed 24-Mar-21 22:40:54

Vickysponge

LauraNorder

No nastiness from me. Completely agree with you.

Me too.....

Urmstongran Wed 24-Mar-21 22:44:56

I said the same yesterday morning. The weight of all this is taking its toll.

I think he knows far more than he’s sharing with us.

Ellianne Wed 24-Mar-21 22:45:26

Casdon

He doesn’t look half as bad as Angela Merkel did on the news this evening, she was really struggling.

Yes, I thought exactly that too Casdon.

grandmajet Wed 24-Mar-21 22:49:18

True, Casdon. The pandemic must be taking a huge toll on all those who have been responsible for trying to cope with it, Boris, Merkel included.

lemsip Wed 24-Mar-21 23:25:56

Boris has aged all of a sudden it seems to me.

BlueSky Wed 24-Mar-21 23:31:42

Well said Laura! But he does need a trim and some conditioner on that wild mop! grin

Maggiemaybe Thu 25-Mar-21 00:08:21

It looks as though we’ve all been noticing how stressed Boris has looked recently. And yes, Angela Merkel as well. Theirs aren’t jobs many of us would want right now.

3dognight Thu 25-Mar-21 02:25:08

He's recently had his vaccine I think. Perhaps he's just abit wiped out after it, I looked and felt dreadful for a week,or so,after mine.

Mamardoit Thu 25-Mar-21 05:09:21

I think he looks ill and exhausted. The last year has certainly aged him.

vegansrock Thu 25-Mar-21 06:41:29

Angela Merkel been in her job for umpteen years and has been a stabilising influence , whether or not you agree with her politics, hats off to her. She is resigning soon unlike our own dear leader.

BigBertha1 Thu 25-Mar-21 06:47:04

I do agree with all these comments. Anyone else feelers ng like this. Heaven knows DH and I are lucky, safe, vaccinated well catered for generally but this year has taken its toll on us. Both if us are very under par, not sleeping right, health problems that refuse to budge, at the end of our tether with the restrictions. I expect many people feel the same. Lets hope the roadmap goes to plan.

rosie1959 Thu 25-Mar-21 07:04:06

Of course he looks knackered not really surprising I for one would not want his job

vegansrock Thu 25-Mar-21 07:04:34

Perhaps this accounts for Johnson bumbling, hesitating, getting his facts wrong , inability to answer questions directly, or is that how he is usually?

Calendargirl Thu 25-Mar-21 07:08:00

I seem to recall several on here confidently predicted he would be out of Number 10 by the new year.

We are nearly into April now....