Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

The Lockdown Gang - Just chatting ⭐️

(1001 Posts)
Doodle Tue 06-Apr-21 19:35:56

Hi all. Just carry on as we were before. Anyone who wants a chat welcome ?

Kaimoana Mon 19-Apr-21 03:30:57

Panache Be reassured he is in the right place for diagnostic and care; they will do their best for him. Where do you go from here? You go on hoping and praying and smiling for your beloved.
flowers I do hope he is home soon.

Grammaretto Mon 19-Apr-21 08:39:00

We are all thinking of you two Panache

It is a strange thing though, how we react to someone else's pain and grief. I should phone the df who had the fall and then covid and is home again but still unwell. I am a bit afraid to call him partly because I don't know what to say, partly because I don't think I can offer him any help (he has home help) or any hope.
I have often wondered how ministers and prison visitors manage to comfort strangers.
You all and some of my friends and family have been such a great support to me these past months and I think this should have made me better able to empathise and yet there is always that feeling that it's a bad time or I am intruding.

On a different note, I can announce DGS achievement as his bus will be unveiled later this week and the press have interviewed him.
www.metlink.org.nz/news-and-updates/news/all-aboard-bill-and-ellies-buses-metlink-announces-winners-for-design-a-bus-contest/?fbclid=IwAR23Gf4QuP6Z1TKHeM22Pw-KuQry_uE8l777bQCs2ulEl_Fhc4ldKrQtBDQ

I may plant the potatoes in today. What do gardeners think?

Doodle Mon 19-Apr-21 15:06:21

Cherry hope you are feeling better today and your ear isn’t hurting.
Grammaretto I found it interesting that you, who have suffered your own loss, also find it difficult to find words to comfort your friend. I always feel like that. I find myself saying things that can sound trite or worse still patronising. That is never what I feel. Even if I care deeply I can’t seem to convey that in words like some can. I do pray for people I know are troubled but I often don’t tell if I know they are not believers themselves.
I once read that the best thing you can do is listen. I have tried to do that more recently as I often speak to my bereaved neighbour and my usual response is to gabble on and talk about things every time there is a pause but now I try and keep quiet and let her say what she is thinking. I think trying to comfort others is one of the most difficult things we can do.

I am so pleased you posted the link about your DS. I will watch it now.?
Can you plant some chips for me please? ?

Doodle Mon 19-Apr-21 15:07:13

Panache hope there is better news from the hospital today and that MrP is comfortable. Are you allowed in to visit?

Nortsat Mon 19-Apr-21 16:26:58

Hello Gang-stars sorry to have been such a tardy gang member, but I do read the thread and stay up to date with your news.

Panache I am so sorry to hear that your dear one is in hospital. I hope he is comfortable and his pain is being managed. Thinking of you both and sending all my good thoughts. Blossom from our garden, for you.

Cherry hope you’re feeling better.

Good wishes to all Gang-stars from your tardy friend and the three cats x

CherryCezzy Mon 19-Apr-21 19:53:28

Evening Chatters.

Thanks Doodle my ear seems fine today, don't know what all that was about but it was 'orrible. Still got a headache, despite the hair cut I had earlier today ?. Now my hair is bouncy, bouncy, bounce without being a shaggy dog story or me looking like the Medusa when I wake up in the morning ?. My hair is Tiggerish even if my head is more like Eeyore's and no I don't have a face like a donkey!
I didn't get the opportunity to say yesterday but what a fantastic hot off the press article about the flying jellyfish stuck in a tree in the garden of a lady living in the borderlands of Scotland by the journalist Kaimoana. What a leader story! ?

I hope Mr P had a decent night Panache, and you had the best night possible too x

Good to see you Nortsat I hope the GangStar Molls are behaving and you are taking care of yourself. Thanks for the blossom x

Going to rest my eyes...

Doodle Mon 19-Apr-21 20:44:35

Notsat how lovely to hear from you.
What a lovely picture. How nice that you still read the thread.
Like Panache , you are a much valued member of our gang whether you are up to posting or not. Hope you are keeping ok and our three Molls are behaving themselves.
Cherry pleased your ear is better. I would love to see your bouncy, bouncy hair. My hair is usually bouncy, bouncy too but at the moment it’s ......frizzy, lanky, long and bedraggled ?
Did you realise the article Kaimoana posted was about Grammaretto’s picture of the thing in her tree? ?
Sorry you’ve still got a headache. Hope it gets better soon. If I have a headache I use Kool Patch things on my head.
Hope all the gang are ok. Panache thinking of you as always x

Mamissimo Mon 19-Apr-21 21:15:45

Good evening ?
We're back! Today we took the trailer to Tunbridge Wells to collect the beds I bought on eBay. Mr M is now purring in his chair and H monster is snoring on the off beat.

Grammaretto I love the bus.....and especially the built in design feature of small people choosing their seat by fish preference. If there was a similar gin bus I'd ride all day ? I don't know about potatoes in Scotland....or England either because I grow in black felt bags in the greenhouse to get very earlies.

You keep popping into my head Panache . How I hope that Mr P is able to come back home to you. Gentle hugs and a slice of warm sun for you.

Can I have an early tuck in please Jeeves?

cornergran Mon 19-Apr-21 21:22:07

Hope Mr P can be back with you soon panache, love to you both.

Grammaretto Mon 19-Apr-21 21:56:40

I had forgotten about the jellyfish in the tree. It escaped but it was a brilliant story Kaimoana
You must be very tired Mamissimo - so much activity.
I wish I could travel on the fish bus but at least DGS can.
Then he is off to Poor Knights Island for more snorkling
www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation/places-to-go/northland/places/poor-knights-islands-marine-reserve/?tab-id=Boating

I phoned the df and it was fine ofcourse. He was glad to hear from me and able to tell me how things are. He is very tired so we wonder if he has the dreaded long covid.
Then I heard my DMiL isn't well. I will visit her tomorrow.

I waited for the plumber but he didn't come. I am now waiting up for my kiln to reach temperature.
Sorry that you still have a headache Cherry but you are bouncing grin and Doodle you always know just what to say.
I hope the Panaches are together and if not, that you are both comfortable.
Thanks for the blossom Nortsat It is so beautiful.

Mine's a ginger tea tonight Jeeves.

Kaimoana Tue 20-Apr-21 03:13:34

Nortsat That blossome is absolutely lovely, thanks so much for sharing. I could look at it all day smile

Hello *cornergran smile

Cherry please rest your poor head and eyes -cucumber slices are good if you don't have the Kool Patch Doodle mentioned.
My Auntie used to put used tea bags in the fridge and swore by their efficacy for tired/sore eyes.

I agree Grammaretto it's hard to know what to say and I have a friend who, last week had a serious operation.
I've been thinking of her such a lot and hoping she was doing well - so I finally plucked up courage to ring and say just that.
That's really all you need, a caring introductory sentence and the recipient takes it from there.

Mamissimo you are doing too much, give yourself a break. flowers

When my second son was born, I built a set of bunk beds to my own design, having been unable to find what I wanted in the shops.
In those days, I was a keen carpenter - my mortice and tenon joints were a joy to behold smile

I discovered how skirting board, the old fashioned kind, when sawn into 4 small, even piees, made a very stylish cannister.
I made little wooden tops and sold them as tea, pot pourri or spice caddies. Ha ha, those were the days.

I thnk I may go for ginger tea as well Grammaretto. The Met Servie says it's 20 degrees but it feels like half that; I'm so cold.

Kaimoana Tue 20-Apr-21 03:18:49

Can any gardener tell me what this is? It's in flower now, so early autum. It has fragrant leaves when crushed. Feel free to post it to other threads.

Wishing everyone sunny, warm days and good cheer.

Grammaretto Tue 20-Apr-21 08:45:43

I wish I knew what your plant was Kaimoana. It looks lovely.
The fruit or are they buds- remind me of hops.

I am calling on MiL today with flowers as it's FiL's birthday. Or would have been. He was a day older than the Queen. She does well that woman. (Queen and MiL) though who knows what will happen when she does go (Q & MiL)

DD seems to have sorted the sore hands anxiety. DGD has her own special handwash and even the 3 yr old has her own cream. 3yr old was playing shops and stopped to put her imaginary mask on. sad sign of the times.

I'm wittering on. I hope you have an OK day everyone of you.
See you later

dragonfly46 Tue 20-Apr-21 08:53:09

Oh Panache good to hear from you but sorry to hear your news.
I hope your DH is home soon.

Panache Tue 20-Apr-21 14:26:32

Thank you all for your kind thougjhts and I truly appreciated the blossom Norstat...........since we are unable to participate in the lovely spring weather this helped to bring it into our room.

As for my dear man being in the best place to recieve care......Hospital......as we all may think,sadly it was totally a different story.
Although arriving soon after 8 am he was told at 11 am he was free to go home.........bloods had been taken only.
A Doctor `phoned around 4 pm saying he was coming home,when I asked about his bleeding,I was shocked to be told there was none.
It was gone 5 pm when a very ill,completely shattered dear man arrived home............immediately both sick and yes,bleeding.
Kept there in Hospital all day but without treatment.

First thing on Monday I telephoned both his Palliative care nurse and the Surgery (that took over 30 minutes just to get through ) I explained the problem,asking for a home visit which they said would happen at lunch time.
An hour later head of Practise phoned saying he had gone through the notes & Hospital visit etc,he thought it a mere urinary tract infection and was prescribing a/b`s.............but no one would visit.

It is now Tuesday afternoon and since friday early evening my dearest passes copious amounts of blood every three or so hours, day and night..........whilst has a new nasty pain.

Tomorrow he has been booked to attend the same Hospital for his long awaited blood transfusion.k
I have queried this all along,especially so now we know there is continous bleeding.
I am beyond myself.
I am the one that alongside my man is seeing and dealing with this,obviously the powers that be must think it is just a slight colour...................but I know full well he is passing copious amounts of pure red blood..............I cannot fight this system whom I know believe are trying to let him bleed to death.

Point is both he and I have battled in various ways for almost 2 long years, then since Christmas day it has been a very great fight.......so obviously we are fast losing the will to battle on.
At the same time I am determined to get my dearest the treatment and caring he needs and is entitled to..................this is completely shocking.

Where oh! where do we go from this sorry mess.????

My heart breaks when I look at my man,so very weak and completely helpless,totally unable to fight his corner.

We are being let down..............big time.

Grammaretto Tue 20-Apr-21 16:42:24

Oh Panache .It does sound awful and I cannot understand why you are not being taken seriously. It reminds me of a set of circumstances which happened when my DH first found cancer . We didn't call 999 - but should have. He was pee-ing blood.
Late at night, having been told to take paracetamol by the locum GP, I phoned the night number NHS 24 or whatever, and a very nice doctor came to the house and had him admitted to the hospital there and then.

Please call 999 if you can't cope. Don't be afraid to.

Lots of love
xxxxxxxxx

Jan16 Tue 20-Apr-21 18:19:30

Yes Panache as Grammaretto says you must call 999. The situation you are both in cannot be allowed to carry on. Please ask or if necessary plead for help. I am new here but I will be thinking of you both and the terrible situation you both are now in. Sending love and strength

Doodle Tue 20-Apr-21 19:29:23

Mamissimo lucky you have a trailer, very useful in moving larger objects. Hope you are pleased with the beds.
Grammaretto wonderful bus designs and what a great idea to ask children to design them. A lovely memory for your DGS to have in years to come.
Hope your Mil is ok.
Isn’t it annoying when you wait in for someone and they don’t turn up. Why can’t the just phone and explain.
Pleased your DGD’s hands are better. My goodness, playing shops with a face mask. That really is something to think of.
Kaimoana hope your friend is ok. Wow, building your own bunk beds. That’s no mean achievement.
We had bunk beds (no I didn’t make them myself) for our sons. When he was 2 my younger son crawled into his bunk bed and banged his nose hard on the support. He ended up with a huge lump in his nose that was so big be couldn’t see round it and kept staggering about because he couldn’t see where he was going. I’m afraid his parents and older brother couldn’t help laughing when we saw him (I hasten to add that was after we had ascertained he hadn’t broken anything) ?
I have no idea what plant that is but it is very pretty. DHs favourite colour.
Jan hope you and yours ok too.

Doodle Tue 20-Apr-21 19:36:28

Panache I am so shocked by your post, I don’t know what to say. This is a terrible situation to be in.
I too think you should phone 999 and get MrP seen to, the service by the GP is disgusting.
I am so sorry that you are going through this terrible time when MrP should be made comfortable at home with you.
What about the palliative care team, where are they in all this?
Panache I am so sorry. I wish we could do more, please phone 999 and hope someone will come out and see your DH.
Much love and prayers coming your way xx

CherryCezzy Tue 20-Apr-21 20:30:12

Panache, please please, if you haven't done so since you posting this afternoon, dial 999. We are All thinking of you and Mr P and sending you our love x

CherryCezzy Tue 20-Apr-21 20:46:41

Grammaretto I hope the time you spent with your DMiL did you both some good and that it was not too difficult a day for her, or you either. I'm glad your DGD has her own hand wash and I hope her hands are not sore now. I love the buses, I looked at them both and I have to say that even before I read the details in the article I had made up my mind which bus design I liked the most, I think your DGS' design is fabulous and I want to go on his bus ?!

I don't know if any of you managed to read the morning thread, I posted (page 3) about my horrendous night. Yes neighbour again ?. I'm pretty much exhausted but am trying to stay awake just long enough to take my medication at the right time.
Jeeves please make me a delicious hot chocolate and don't forget the marshmallows ?
Love & cwtches to you all.
Nighty night ?

brook2704 Tue 20-Apr-21 20:46:46

Panache I am so sorry to read your post about your DH and really hope he gets the care he needs in such difficult circumstances
Sending ❤️

brook2704 Tue 20-Apr-21 20:48:54

Hope you get a much better night tonight Cherry with no disturbances from your neighbour
Take care

Doodle Tue 20-Apr-21 21:34:07

Cherry I have just been to read the GM thread. I can’t understand why no one will take responsibility for that poor woman. You are doing all you can and even without your health issues, you shouldn’t have to put up with that. Is it possible your own GP could ask the MH team to help her because of your own health issues. I hope tonight is a more peaceful one for you.
Panache knowing how many friends you have in Soop’s kitchen, I posted on there about the awful state you both are in tonight. Like Cherry, I hope by now you have phoned 999 and someone has come to help. x

Urmstongran Tue 20-Apr-21 21:50:34

Panache I never post on this thread but your heartbreaking tale has moved me to tears.

I hope that since this afternoon when you posted, someone (anyone) has come to your aid. This is too much anxiety to bear without support. What you are both going through is tragic. x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion