Coronavirus

NHS app vaccine records

(96 Posts)
rosie1959 Sun 16-May-21 07:29:05

Opened my NHS app this morning vaccine records now there
Information for those who need it
It is the NHS app not the NHS Covid tracker

Ailidh Mon 17-May-21 11:12:59

Thank you! I downloaded it last week but had forgotten to check for vaccination status today. There it is!! ?

Callistemon Mon 17-May-21 11:17:42

NannyC2

Can you tell me if it is true that if you place a magnet on the spot where you have been jabbed that it sticks? Perhaps someone was just joking with me - I hope so!

No, only to Popeye on account of all the spinach he eats which contains iron.

(That's another debunked theory btw)

But, just to be on the safe side, lay off the spinach.

Callistemon Mon 17-May-21 11:22:58

I hope my post wasn't rude.

I thought it would make you laugh NannyC2

growstuff Mon 17-May-21 11:24:02

Ahem! I'm no angel and can be a snappy as anybody.

Callistemon Mon 17-May-21 11:25:42

I didn't think anyone was rude, just astonished!

Callistemon Mon 17-May-21 11:28:25

And, before I forget, thank you Rosie1959

I will download the App.

rosie1959 Mon 17-May-21 11:46:31

Never mind a magnet wish they would insert a tracker to give me an idea when DH is coming back from the pub that quick pint can now be a mystery!

maddyone Mon 17-May-21 11:59:05

Thank you rosie, that’s very useful to know. I now have the evidence I require when we (hopefully) go to Greece later this year.

Ashcombe Mon 17-May-21 12:00:56

Many thanks, rosie1959, for the information which doesn’t seem widely known. I mistakenly thought the NHS Covid App would also have vaccination information. ?
Thank you, too, for making me smile re DH at the pub! ??

growstuff Mon 17-May-21 12:41:50

What does the NHS App do that my GP's online service doesn't?

My GP doesn't offer a messaging service, online test results or share care plans etc. I can already order repeat prescriptions, but the GP no longer offers an online booking services and doesn't respond to emails or texts. I can see whether any outsider has accessed my medical records (they haven't) and my allergy to ibuprofen is recorded, but that's it.

What would advantages would the App offer?

geekesse Mon 17-May-21 12:51:06

growstuff

My GP doesn't offer a messaging service, online test results or share care plans etc. I can already order repeat prescriptions, but the GP no longer offers an online booking services and doesn't respond to emails or texts. I can see whether any outsider has accessed my medical records (they haven't) and my allergy to ibuprofen is recorded, but that's it.

It shows proof of your Covid vaccination status.

tanith Mon 17-May-21 13:07:59

I downloaded it last week and registered but I get a message saying we haven’t verified your ID yet when I sign in.

growstuff Mon 17-May-21 13:26:53

geekesse

growstuff

It shows proof of your Covid vaccination status.

If that's all, I can't say I'm really that bothered. Do you know if there's anything else?

PippaZ Mon 17-May-21 13:35:33

Did those who have the app already have an NHS login?

GrannyGravy13 Mon 17-May-21 13:47:51

PippaZ

Did those who have the app already have an NHS login?

I didn’t, I downloaded the app from the AppStore, it asked for NHS no. date of birth and a form of photographic ID, was up and running within 15 minutes of download, including vaccination details.

B9exchange Mon 17-May-21 13:51:31

The NHS App links through to your GP online access provider, in our case Patient Access, it doesn't store your data separately. So you could log into your GP records online and it would provide proof of your vaccinations there. But I suppose the advantage of the NHS App is that it just displays the vaccine status and nothing else on the front page.

However there are three problems I found. If you leave it open on the front vaccination page, after a while it switches to a Covid advice page on its own, and you can't get back easily to the first page, which would be hugely frustrating if you had just reached passport control and it disappeared!

Also the tabs to access to the rest of your records seem to be still active down the bottom, so that handing your phone over could result in one of these being tapped accidentally and your records being received.

The third issue is that it would be incredibly easy to mock up a vaccine status page and show that, I am sure people are working on that right now!

growstuff Mon 17-May-21 14:24:04

My GP doesn't allow any access to any records online, so I honestly think this would be of limited use to me, unless I specifically needed proof of vaccine status.

I've just looked at my Patient Access record and there's nothing on it, apart from personal details, repeat meds and my allergy to ibuprofen. The tabs to view anything or do anything else are disabled.

Thanks for the people who have replied.

grannysyb Mon 17-May-21 14:25:04

Tried to download it, although my phone is quite new , the download gets stuck, have tried several times, given up now.

Whiff Tue 18-May-21 07:49:18

Must admit found the NHS app helpful. I ordered my tablets on Sunday afternoon. They arrived 7.20 last night. My GP surgery is on one corner and the independent pharmacy I use is on the other. The other week save me taking the a paper prescription in. I posted it on the Monday they received it on Tuesday but didn't receive my tablets until Friday.

I liked the fact it showed all the medication I had going back years plus drugs I am allergic to. And importantly the date and type , batch number of my Covid jab.

Some people will love some people will hate but I am glad to have it.

growstuff Tue 18-May-21 11:28:49

PatientAccess on my computer does the same thing Whiff, apart from having any record of my vaccination. No online pharmacy will deliver my meds because my GP isn't signed up for the service (I've tried), but I can order my repeats online. Having the app would make no difference.

greenlady102 Tue 18-May-21 11:35:45

Elegran

growstuff The school curriculum should have a course in "Thinking". It could be presented as a series of "Puzzles to unravel", or "Ethical dilemmas", or "Digging for the truth", or whatever differentiates it from the authoritarian "These are the rules", and the populist "Everyone is saying that . . "

Aristotle advocated it ( and practiced it) many centuries ago.

Gish how many hundreds of years old are you?

greenlady102 Tue 18-May-21 11:36:51

growstuff

My GP doesn't allow any access to any records online, so I honestly think this would be of limited use to me, unless I specifically needed proof of vaccine status.

I've just looked at my Patient Access record and there's nothing on it, apart from personal details, repeat meds and my allergy to ibuprofen. The tabs to view anything or do anything else are disabled.

Thanks for the people who have replied.

Then bully your GP!

greenlady102 Tue 18-May-21 11:38:25

growstuff

PatientAccess on my computer does the same thing Whiff, apart from having any record of my vaccination. No online pharmacy will deliver my meds because my GP isn't signed up for the service (I've tried), but I can order my repeats online. Having the app would make no difference.

Then bully your GP!

Nannashirlz Tue 18-May-21 11:47:50

Yes I like many others have being looking on the wrong app ? but it’s on for all to see. I’m full jabbed so I can go anywhere. But personally I wouldn’t travel overseas not this year maybe next covid pending.

Nannashirlz Tue 18-May-21 11:50:42

Growstuff you can request your GP shows them it’s your right. I see all my records.