Coronavirus

NHS app vaccine records

(95 Posts)
rosie1959 Sun 16-May-21 07:29:05

Opened my NHS app this morning vaccine records now there
Information for those who need it
It is the NHS app not the NHS Covid tracker

geekesse Sun 16-May-21 11:16:05

Gosh! You’re right. Thank you for the heads up.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 16-May-21 11:20:03

Thank you, yes it’s on there.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 16-May-21 11:23:23

It’s there, thank you.

foxie48 Sun 16-May-21 11:31:08

I've got the track and trace ap but not the other. How do I get it, please?

rosie1959 Sun 16-May-21 11:32:48

Download it from App Store
Or I believe it’s also on the NHS website as a download option

NannyC2 Sun 16-May-21 11:36:16

Can you tell me if it is true that if you place a magnet on the spot where you have been jabbed that it sticks? Perhaps someone was just joking with me - I hope so!

Jaxjacky Sun 16-May-21 11:42:15

Thank you.

geekesse Sun 16-May-21 11:43:29

NannyC2

Can you tell me if it is true that if you place a magnet on the spot where you have been jabbed that it sticks? Perhaps someone was just joking with me - I hope so!

Nonsense! It’s one of the conspiracy theory idiocies, it isn’t true, and if you don’t believe me, try it.

Whiff Sun 16-May-21 16:36:36

My daughter put the NHS app on for me today. It's great shows when I had my vaccines, what I am allergic to, list of medications and best of all I can order my tablets with having to take in a prescription. Showed me how to do it brilliant.

Whiff Sun 16-May-21 16:42:34

NannyC2 that's nonsense. Why you anyone but silly enough to believe that. We are all born with common sense use it. I am sick to dead of all these stupid things that get posted.

Vaccine save lives . Look all the things we don't have to worry about catching because if vaccines.

Teacheranne Sun 16-May-21 18:34:29

If you have, like me, already downloaded the NHS app, then make sure that you also download and updates when you receive them. There is one due soon which allows you to access the vaccination info ( to show as proof perhaps) without also showing personal information such as date of birth.

geekesse Sun 16-May-21 18:36:13

Teacheranne, mine updated automatically because I have all apps set to automatic update.

May7 Sun 16-May-21 18:51:53

Whiff don't be so rude. NannyC2 didn't say she believed it she asked if it was true.

Sar53 Sun 16-May-21 19:41:33

I have the NHS app downloaded to my phone with my vaccine status showing. My DH is having a problem with proving that he is the person on his driving licence, the reason being that he is clean shaven on his driving licence but now has a beard. Has anyone else's partner had this problem ?

Whiff Sun 16-May-21 23:07:34

I'm rude and yet May7 I notice you didn't call the poster before me rude. She called it nonsense as well.

Niobe Mon 17-May-21 08:22:38

Whiff, you weren’t rude. You just said what I was thinking! One of my acquaintances on What’s App told our group that her relative had told her that the COVID vaccine wrecks your immune system. I asked if she would post a link to the research. Guess what, the silence was deafening.

Elegran Mon 17-May-21 09:20:44

If everyone who heard one of these vaccine tales asked politely for a link to the research to prove it, they might not spread so fast.

growstuff Mon 17-May-21 09:36:47

www.factcheck.org/2021/05/scicheck-magnet-videos-refuel-bogus-claim-of-vaccine-microchips/

This is quite a widespread rumour. I don't understand the mentality of people who obviously go to some effort to promote this kind of nonsense. What on earth is in it for them? Why would they want people not to be vaccinated?

growstuff Mon 17-May-21 09:42:57

Elegran If everybody asked for proof of anything (Covid or not) they read or heard, we'd live in a much more rational world. As it is, newspaper and TV editors know very well that most people don't read beyond headlines and information intended to appeal to the emotions, especially information which confirms prejudices.

I'm always wary of people who think that the school curriculum should be loaded with life skills, but I honestly think that critical understanding of the media should be a compulsory element. We're bombarded by information in a way nobody ever has in the past and I think it's vital that people are taught a way to find their way through it.

growstuff Mon 17-May-21 09:46:39

Niobe

Whiff, you weren’t rude. You just said what I was thinking! One of my acquaintances on What’s App told our group that her relative had told her that the COVID vaccine wrecks your immune system. I asked if she would post a link to the research. Guess what, the silence was deafening.

Don't get me started on the immune system! There is so much misinformation posted about the immune system. People don't understand what the "immune system" is or how it operates, so they are exploited and ways of boosting the immune system have become a very profitable industry.

Lin52 Mon 17-May-21 09:50:22

rosie1959

Opened my NHS app this morning vaccine records now there
Information for those who need it
It is the NHS app not the NHS Covid tracker

Just tried it, and there it is, excellent work .

Elegran Mon 17-May-21 10:58:24

growstuff The school curriculum should have a course in "Thinking". It could be presented as a series of "Puzzles to unravel", or "Ethical dilemmas", or "Digging for the truth", or whatever differentiates it from the authoritarian "These are the rules", and the populist "Everyone is saying that . . "

Aristotle advocated it ( and practiced it) many centuries ago.

Shinamae Mon 17-May-21 11:02:18

Got mine this morning,very reassuring ?

May7 Mon 17-May-21 11:04:29

Whiff you were rude in the way you jumped on her and yes you were not the only poster but NannyC2 only asked a question
Take a look at growstuff response
Instead of ridicule she gave out information which in turn helps everyone.