Coronavirus

NHS app vaccine records

(96 Posts)
rosie1959 Sun 16-May-21 07:29:05

Opened my NHS app this morning vaccine records now there
Information for those who need it
It is the NHS app not the NHS Covid tracker

Dustyhen2010 Tue 18-May-21 19:41:27

As far as I know 119 is for England. What have people in Scotland to do to show they have had the vaccine? We did not even get a piece of card with info on it let alone have an app! Maybe it's a ploy to keep us here. Or maybe someone can tell me what that plan is for Scotland. I may have missed something somewhere.

SueDonim Tue 18-May-21 19:51:33

Yes, I fear being kept locked up in Scotland, Dustyhen. sad

Callistemon Tue 18-May-21 20:03:52

I think I'll stick to my card with date and batch number on it.

I'm old-fashioned like that

SueDonim Tue 18-May-21 22:09:15

We don’t even have a tatty old bit of card in Scotland. ?

growstuff Tue 18-May-21 22:34:07

Callistemon

I think I'll stick to my card with date and batch number on it.

I'm old-fashioned like that

Same here Callistemon.

I can't believe that if evidence is really that important that an app could be the only evidence.

muse Tue 18-May-21 23:13:29

Bluebell. Yes that's the one.

Many thanks for info about the NHS app. I've just downloaded it. You don't have to give reams of information. I was too lazy to get up to find my NHS number so just put in date of birth and post code.

Email to confirm and all done.

B9exchange Wed 19-May-21 10:41:01

Seems Scotland has a bit of a way to go! This was from 22nd April. www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56843281

This from 3rd May www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/politics/scottish-politics/3104749/covid-vaccine-proof-dither-claim-as-patients-turned-away/

I couldn't find anything more recent, I am afraid you will have to wait for NHS Scotland to come up with something.

Babs758 Wed 19-May-21 10:48:57

I was very impressed that the vaccine info was updated just one day after I had the second vaccine. And the app updated automatically so the access to the vaccine information is in a separate screen from the rest of my info.

growstuff Wed 19-May-21 14:21:40

By the way, if there's anybody out there who doesn't like phones that much, but has a PC or laptop, and already has Patient Access, I downloaded the same info within a minute or so.

The NHS app has the same information as Patient Access, with the addition of my vaccination status, which can be downloaded and printed.

grant1 Wed 19-May-21 19:50:55

@growstuff I have said the same thing! Having heard some wild conspiracy theories throughout the pandemic from some of my sheeple co-workers and friends, I am sometimes at a loss to know where to begin to even rebut the ridiculous stuff I've heard. It's so far fetched as to defy all reality and logic and yet, they defend it and swear to the nonsense. I fully agree that a critical thinking class in school (maybe several times over the years) should be mandatory, world wide. I don't understand who actually benefits from the promotion of such blatant stupidity. Is is just to prove to themselves that they can get the sheeple to believe literally any nonsense they promote? And then use it to control their vote? Sorry, I seem to have veered a bit off topic!

geekesse Sat 22-May-21 21:09:57

NannyC2, and anyone else who has been taken in by the magnet thing, the BBC reality checks the claim here: Covid Vaccines: Could they be magnetic? www.bbc.co.uk/news/57207134

FoghornLeghorn Sat 22-May-21 22:56:55

Annsan

Sadly the app isn’t compatible with my iPhone ( 6). I cannot be the only one who doesn’t believe in upgrading when a phone is perfectly fine...

I have an iPhone 6 and have the fully functioning NHS app on it.

SueDonim Sat 22-May-21 23:13:42

Scotland has now launched a vaccine certificate which is easily hacked. Well done. hmm

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57208607

growstuff Sun 23-May-21 00:40:02

FoghornLeghorn

Annsan

Sadly the app isn’t compatible with my iPhone ( 6). I cannot be the only one who doesn’t believe in upgrading when a phone is perfectly fine...

I have an iPhone 6 and have the fully functioning NHS app on it.

Annsann I have an old phone and can't download a number of apps. If you have a PC, you can download the PC version, which I think is exactly the same. If you're already signed up to PatientAccess at your GP, there doesn't seem to be much difference.

Dustyhen2010 Sun 23-May-21 16:23:56

SueDonim

Scotland has now launched a vaccine certificate which is easily hacked. Well done. hmm

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57208607

Yes I have accessed it and it shows my 2 vaccinations. I haven't heard anything about the English NHS site having hacking problems so why couldn't we just have used that type of system? Sometimes I think we just do different things for the sake of it.

25Avalon Sun 23-May-21 16:32:27

When we had our second jabs we were told to take a photo as proof we’d had the jabs in case we lost the card. Why didn’t they tell us it would be on the NHS app as opposed to the NHS Covid tracker app. Thanks for the heads up rosie.

SueDonim Sun 23-May-21 17:13:56

Ain’t that the truth, Dustyhen. I asked at my second vacc appointment what would be happening, not that I’m planning on travelling, and they said no one in govt had done anything about it.

It’s all about the Scottish govt throwing its weight about and trying to control us. Look at that ridiculous statement last week that Scottish people shouldn’t go to ‘hot spots’ in the UK, such as Bolton & Bedford. Whilst I agree that of course we should be cautious, how on earth is Scotland going to enforce that?

Septimia Sun 23-May-21 17:38:50

We spent ages the other day trying to get the NHS app (not the covid one) on our phones. They wanted, understandably really, photo ID. We don't have photo driving licences (still got the old ones!! but not for much longer) and our passports were rejected because they are out of date. They were the only 2 types of ID acceptable. The alternative was to get 3 particular pieces of information from the GP. Reluctantly, DH rang the surgery and asked. The practice manager said it was the NHS, not them (????!!) so they couldn't provide the information and if we looked on the app there's a help section. So we looked. What did it say? Get the information from your GP !! We've given up and are renewing our passports....

25Avalon Mon 24-May-21 16:27:14

A word of caution. On Nextdoor someone has posted that the NHS app for vaccines is not actually run by the NHS and your details could be hacked. Not sure how much I believe this but there is a link posted to lockdownseptics.org/2021/05/23/the-vaccine-passport-update-to-the-nhs-app-has-created-a-honeypot-for-hackers/

What does anyone think?

growstuff Mon 24-May-21 19:42:31

Septimia You would probably find it easier (and possibly more secure) to sign up for Patient Access via your GP. It has the same information as this new app, apart from the vaccination certificate, which you might not need anyway.