Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Dominic Cummings

(613 Posts)
Daisymae Wed 26-May-21 10:42:09

Anyone watching live? Wow, just wow.

Gannygangan Wed 26-May-21 11:46:56

Lucca

“ Posters who were trashing Cummings just a few months ago are now thrilled with his comments. ”

I don’t agree with that comment sorry. I personally can’t bear Cummings or Johnson as I think they are both spectacularly economical with the truth.
I do think Johnson et al should be held accountable for their mishandling of Covid at the very least and if it takes the ghastly Cummings to do that then so be it. I am definitely not thrilled by it, I’d much rather we didn’t have an incompetent untruthful PM in the first place !

No need to apologise, Lucca.

And I didn't say all posters

But a quick search of this site shows many posters trashing Cummings. Not believing a word he said. Not trustworthy. Puppet master. Machiavel etc etc.

So how we are supposed to believe him because he's trouncing Boris I've no idea.

Quite agree that the government needs to be held accountable.

But if we're relying on Dominic Cummings to do that I'm afraid we won't get far.

Most people not particularly engaged with politics just think of Barnard Castle when his name is mentioned.

Alegrias1 Wed 26-May-21 11:49:07

So far he doesn't seem to have said anything we didn't know already, has he?

Number 10 was in chaos, Hancock is out of his depth and they were all fighting each other like rats in a sack.

Lucca Wed 26-May-21 11:50:04

Some comments on the proceedings as they happen.

Jane43 Wed 26-May-21 11:52:37

He’s recalling things in great detail but says he can’t remember whether he attended Cobra meetings or not.

MaizieD Wed 26-May-21 11:53:56

But a quick search of this site shows many posters trashing Cummings. Not believing a word he said. Not trustworthy. Puppet master. Machiavel etc etc.

I think you'll find that most of the 'trashing' was in connection with his trip to Durham. When he was at the heart of government and covering up like mad. And being supported in his lies by the lying government.

This is completely different. Of course he's spinning like crazy to exonerate himself, but, as I said before, a lot of this isn't news to those who have followed closely.

Gannygangan Wed 26-May-21 11:54:20

Polarbear2

I don’t ‘love’ him nor am I wowed. I am pleased that he’s opening the blinds on this corrupt lying PM. I’m very aware DC was a part of this but whatever. The truth will out. It’ll be interesting to see what the fallout is.

But why is what he says the truth?

I just can't understand why people are believing him now.

I'm not on anyone's side here.

I'm in total agreement that we made many mistakes. I lost a family member early on in all this .They'd gone into hospital for a knee operation and caught Covid on the ward. 55.

But why we are going to believe Cummings because it suits our agenda when we rightly saw him as a dangerous man ?

MaizieD Wed 26-May-21 11:55:34

Alegrias1

So far he doesn't seem to have said anything we didn't know already, has he?

Number 10 was in chaos, Hancock is out of his depth and they were all fighting each other like rats in a sack.

Precisely, Alegrias.

But all those people who were getting on with their daily lives and taking no notice of what was happening in government might be getting a bit of a surprise.. An unpleasant one, I hope...

EllanVannin Wed 26-May-21 12:01:58

They all get on my wick clawing their way back to their non-jobs and not sorting out the real issues which are pressing.

Gannygangan Wed 26-May-21 12:03:17

But all those people who were getting on with their daily lives and taking no notice of what was happening in government might be getting a bit of a surprise.. An unpleasant one, I hope...

I doubt it.

MayBee70 Wed 26-May-21 12:06:48

Gannygangan

Polarbear2

I don’t ‘love’ him nor am I wowed. I am pleased that he’s opening the blinds on this corrupt lying PM. I’m very aware DC was a part of this but whatever. The truth will out. It’ll be interesting to see what the fallout is.

But why is what he says the truth?

I just can't understand why people are believing him now.

I'm not on anyone's side here.

I'm in total agreement that we made many mistakes. I lost a family member early on in all this .They'd gone into hospital for a knee operation and caught Covid on the ward. 55.

But why we are going to believe Cummings because it suits our agenda when we rightly saw him as a dangerous man ?

Because it’s all documented. We can make up our own minds.

MaizieD Wed 26-May-21 12:18:07

Gannygangan

*But all those people who were getting on with their daily lives and taking no notice of what was happening in government might be getting a bit of a surprise.. An unpleasant one, I hope...*

I doubt it.

You're probably right.

They're all busy on the games threads and blissfully unaware that poor dear Boris is being traduced in parliament...

Kali2 Wed 26-May-21 12:20:25

perhaps very deliberately, no?

Alegrias1 Wed 26-May-21 12:22:24

Anyone else expecting to see a message from Gove to Cummings in the next few days saying "Well done Dominic, our plan is working".

MayBee70 Wed 26-May-21 12:25:44

Johnson’s answer to everything as usual ‘vaccine, vaccine vaccine.....’

FarNorth Wed 26-May-21 12:26:36

I have never understood why anyone thought these people were electable.

Ilovecheese Wed 26-May-21 12:26:42

Gannygangan

Ah. Now we adore and believe everything that Demonic man has to say.

Baffling!

He's kept a record? I trust it's recorded. I want to hear this stuff

Posters who were trashing Cummings just a few months ago are now thrilled with his comments.

We were always told that Cummings was leading the country. Boris was just his puppet.

And of course that marvellous testing his eyesight trip

But now he's trashing the government the left all love him!

This works both ways though Gannygangan Dominic Cummings had a lot of supporters on Gransnet when he took his 200 mile trip during a pandemic lockdown and when he tested his eyesight with a four year old in the car. His supporters on here believed him then, so why not believe him now.

Gannygangan Wed 26-May-21 12:26:47

Because it’s all documented. We can make up our own minds.

What do you mean by it's all documented, MayBee70?

Is this is all recorded on film? Audio?

Do we have actual evidence or is this just Dominic's assertions?

As has been mentioned earlier, there's not a huge amount being said that many weren't aware of.

I'm just finding it difficult to understand why anyone believes a word he says.

He'd be a useless witness in a court of law.

Hell hath no fury like a Dominic Cummings scorned.

Gannygangan Wed 26-May-21 12:27:36

Alegrias1

Anyone else expecting to see a message from Gove to Cummings in the next few days saying "Well done Dominic, our plan is working".

Excellent.

I'll leave you all to it now

Enjoy!

Alegrias1 Wed 26-May-21 12:31:06

I believe the bits of what he says that agree with the evidence in front of our eyes for the last 18 months.

Do I believe that Johnson wanted to be injected with Coronavirus live on TV? Possibly, its the kind of thing he'd say. Does that matter? No.

What's important to me is that we have a government that is so dysfunctional that their former advisors appear on TV exposing their actual and fatal failings.

MaizieD Wed 26-May-21 12:37:39

Hell hath no fury like a Dominic Cummings scorned

Hey!

That was my line several days ago grin

Whitewavemark2 Wed 26-May-21 12:38:01

One thing all middle civil servants will recognise is Cummings description of senior management in the civil service.

We all recognise Cummings description of the government.

No documentation needed for that.

However, undoubtedly Cummings will not be so stupid as to not have back up to his accusations.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 26-May-21 12:40:46

Hell hath no fury like an academic sacked.

MayBee70 Wed 26-May-21 12:40:51

Gannygangan

*Because it’s all documented. We can make up our own minds.*

What do you mean by it's all documented, MayBee70?

Is this is all recorded on film? Audio?

Do we have actual evidence or is this just Dominic's assertions?

As has been mentioned earlier, there's not a huge amount being said that many weren't aware of.

I'm just finding it difficult to understand why anyone believes a word he says.

He'd be a useless witness in a court of law.

Hell hath no fury like a Dominic Cummings scorned.

He has notes on everything. And I believe tapes etc. Emails, texts. Hess saved everything. Just look at the notes he has with him.

Alegrias1 Wed 26-May-21 12:42:36

lovebeigecardigans1955

Hell hath no fury like an academic sacked.

Cummings is about as academic as a bag of sugar.

Polarbear2 Wed 26-May-21 12:48:35

Pinched from Twitter... “guessing Cummings is now an evening only invite to the wedding “ ???. Made my day.