We've gone down the rabbit hole.

There's no h in China

Alegrias1 Wed 26-May-21 14:51:31

Oh wait - there is!

There's only one h in China.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 26-May-21 14:51:32

Every dog has its day!!!

DC is a prime example of someone with short man syndrome

He was at the heart and allegedly the orchestrator of the majority of decisions, yet he cannot remember what COBRA meetings he attended, but can remember everything else.

He is trying to absolve himself in order to become employable once again.

Dinahmo Wed 26-May-21 14:53:25

Sadly I think this is showing that the divisions over Brexit are still with us. I don't recall anyone supporting Cummings and several people criticising him over the Barnard Castle trip.

I'm sure he does have proof - his photo of the whiteboard from very early discussions was on the news this morning.

I've had LBS on this morning and there have been several callers, either in tears or close to, talking about their family members lost through covid.

I do agree that "hell has no fury....." but I'm glad this is being highlighted because it may make the Johnson supporters realise just how badly the whole thing has been managed.

Dinahmo Wed 26-May-21 14:55:20

greenlady102

I don't think its that wowish if you look at what is being said not how its being said. Of course herd immunity has to be considered as an unavoidable fact if there is no vaccine. That doesn't mean that you plan it or choose it.

But in the discussions they were comparing the herd immunity gained from chicken pox for example with that which would happen with covid. Chicken pox is not a virus that sweeps at speed through the community.

Urmstongran Wed 26-May-21 14:56:11

Alegrias1

Oh good lord.

We've gone down the rabbit hole.

There's no h in China

It was a joke Alegrias. Trump used to pounce it that way!

Urmstongran Wed 26-May-21 14:57:56

Duh. ‘pronounce’. I’m as bad as you this afternoon!
?

Alegrias1 Wed 26-May-21 14:59:40

Is it also a joke that they rushed out the vaccines because they knew the virus was made in the lab?

I was going to mention "pounce", but the thought of Trump "pouncing" was just a bit too graphic for me....

Urmstongran Wed 26-May-21 15:00:23

I supported Cummings Dinahmo. I thought he would be a breath of fresh air. Shake departments up a bit. Make them fit for purpose.

Urmstongran Wed 26-May-21 15:02:43

No, not a joke at all. Deep covert lab stuff. Scary really.
Another way of control. Chemical warfare.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 26-May-21 15:04:02

I have just browsed Twitter and frankly it’s hysterically hilarious, all those who this time last year were wholeheartedly trashing DC as a liar and incompetent are now hanging on his every word as gospel...

It will be interesting to see the PM’s and Conservative Parties position in the polls next week though.

FarNorth Wed 26-May-21 15:04:49

noun
British
the practice of raising the price of a house, even though one has agreed a price verbally with an intending buyer
During the 1980s property boom, gazumping was common.

Not British - English.

Kali2 Wed 26-May-21 15:07:17

Have a word with the Cambridge dictionary then ;)

Greeneyedgirl Wed 26-May-21 15:18:38

I must have been asleep Urmstongran and missed the news that scientists have proved beyond doubt that the COVID-19 was made in a lab? Have you got some links please? Are you saying there was a huge cover up?

GillT57 Wed 26-May-21 15:20:54

Gannygangan

Ah. Now we adore and believe everything that Demonic man has to say.

Baffling!

He's kept a record? I trust it's recorded. I want to hear this stuff

Posters who were trashing Cummings just a few months ago are now thrilled with his comments.

We were always told that Cummings was leading the country. Boris was just his puppet.

And of course that marvellous testing his eyesight trip

But now he's trashing the government the left all love him!

Nonsense. I am quite capable of disliking Johnson and Cummings at the same time, it is possible you know that someone you dislike tells the truth.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 26-May-21 15:29:24

Lots of shooting the messenger.

No way to understand the process

Gannygangan Wed 26-May-21 15:32:46

Well it's not nonsense, is it, GillT57?

Why is he telling the truth now? How do you know? How does anyone know?

He's owned up to being wrong about certain things and has admitted lying about his trip to Durham.

So when Cummings was orchestrating Brexit, did you believe him then?

Alegrias1 Wed 26-May-21 15:36:58

Kali2

Have a word with the Cambridge dictionary then ;)

TBF, you can't gazump in Scotland. Once you've agreed the price of the house, even verbally, you have to keep to the agreement. Even if someone comes along and offers you double.

Now, where's the number for the Cambridge dictionary people.... wink

EllanVannin Wed 26-May-21 15:40:16

He must have gone to the same school as Prince Harry.

Lucca Wed 26-May-21 15:40:32

Those who supported Cummings over The barnard castle thing? What do they think now ?

Whitewavemark2 Wed 26-May-21 15:51:13

Whatever you may think of Cummings there is no doubt that Johnson’s government has a lot to answer after hrs of evidence by someone who was around the decision making table.

vegansrock Wed 26-May-21 15:54:05

There were the nodding dogs who agree with Johnson whatever he says and does and were saying the Barnard Castle debacle was all fine and dandy including all of the cabinet. Wonder if they still think that? Cummings and Johnson both ghastly.

GillT57 Wed 26-May-21 15:55:00

I repeat Ganygangan, I am fully capable of loathing Johnson and Cummings at the same time, this does not mean that I disbelieve Cummings. He made Johnson look a fool for supporting him during the Barnard Castle debacle, he masterminded Brexit for which I will never forgive him, but this does not mean that everything he says is a lie.

mamaa Wed 26-May-21 15:56:12

Have watched it live from the start, and still watching.
Not withstanding Cummings withering criticism of the PM which is a whole different discussion -it seems to me that Cummings has an axe to grind with Mr Hancock ( with which I do agree ) but is very much not wanting to criticise Mr Sunak at all- hence his amnesia over ‘Eat out to Help out’- which actually was a big initiative over the summer (which most of us will remember) launched by Mr Sunak!
Definitely a case of ‘recollections may differ’ I think.
I do think that this latest bout since 3pm has been extremely damaging to the PM and I’ll be interested to see how his spin doctors get him out of the mire as I don’t think a denial and maybe a statement issued that Cummings has lied today will cut it.
Just my opinion of course, and willing to apologise if I’ve upset anyone.

Gannygangan Wed 26-May-21 16:01:04

GillT57

I repeat Ganygangan, I am fully capable of loathing Johnson and Cummings at the same time, this does not mean that I disbelieve Cummings. He made Johnson look a fool for supporting him during the Barnard Castle debacle, he masterminded Brexit for which I will never forgive him, but this does not mean that everything he says is a lie.

I'm not saying you're disbelieving him!

I'm just wondering why people, not just you, are believing him now.

I think most people, whatever their political views, know that this pandemic has been a disaster for this government.

It's been pretty disastrous for the world.

I'm not even saying that everything he's saying now is a lie .Of course it's not.

But this sudden interest in what he has to say is baffling after 12 months of being told that Cummings was running the government and Johnson was just his puppet.