Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Where will more and more vaccines lead to?

(31 Posts)
WishIwasyounger Thu 01-Jul-21 10:07:40

I've had both jabs, and expecting a booster jab in the autumn. Some people may have that alongside their flu jab.
Learned people are predicting an increasing number of these coronavirus pandemics, so that will presumably lead to another vaccine. Where will all this end?
Do you think there is any danger of all these vaccines having a negative affect on our bodies?

greenlady102 Fri 02-Jul-21 17:11:22

geekesse

As someone who used to travel a lot when young, I had a lot of inoculations. Apart from all the usual childhood and teenage ones and smallpox, For 15 years I had cholera twice a year, typhoid, paratyphoid and tetanus annually, yellow fever periodically and malaria pills. I have had a flu vaccination every year for several years and now both Covid ones. My immune system is fine, and the only things wrong with my body are normal ageing processes. I’d rather have a thousand injections than a single life threatening disease.

yes me too. Trials of having flu vaccine and covid vaccine together have been going on since before march. The trials were opened up to public volunteers in march and before that researcher and lab worker volunteers were involved.

MoorlandMooner Fri 02-Jul-21 17:13:45

MerylStreep

Why do people look for things to worry about?
It’s beyond me ?

That's an interesting take Meryl.

I've always considered myself an analytical thinker who likes to research, weigh up situations, consider the pros and cons and try to understand things as best I can rather than blunder into things with a steady static buzz between my ears. But now you mention it perhaps I just cast around looking for things to worry about. I'll have a good think about that.

Amberone Fri 02-Jul-21 17:30:37

M0nica

Children have been receiving more and more vaccines for decades doesn't seem to have done them any harm.

As an army brat I had all the the vaccinations and innoculations Geekesse mentioned, probably for much the same reasons. Like her I have had no side effects.

I'm another military brat who spent her childhood travelling (and has continued travelling throughout her life until about 10 years ago) so have been well and truly inoculated ?. I was once quite sick after having either typhus or yellow fever vaccine but other than that I've pretty much always been healthy. Until I got the Covid vaccine I don't think I've seen a doctor since my last vaccinations over 10 years ago.

Is that perhaps one of the reasons so many are worried about the vaccine? It never occurred to me before that not everyone has had needles stuck up and down their arms and in their bum all their life, and to some it might be quite scary.

Baggs Fri 02-Jul-21 18:11:05

I wonder if those delivering vaccines (doing the jabbing/jagging) increase worries sometimes? They often seem a bit apologetic and warn you of a slight prick. I particularly noticed this when I had to have Anti-D jabs after my kids were born, which amused me considering the indignities of childbirth. The prospect of a wee jab in the bum only provoked a "Shove it in!" response in me whereas the nurses seemed to expect me to mind that it had to be done.

M0nica Fri 02-Jul-21 22:12:36

A vaccine only does what your body would do if you caught the relevant disease and I would rather have an innoculation to get immunity than risk suffering from COVID, cholera, yellow fever, mumps, measles whooping cough, diptheria and all the other diseases we are innocuated agaist just to get immunity..