Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Theatre trip, to go or not?

(57 Posts)
Chrisks Wed 14-Jul-21 17:02:22

We have tickets booked for the theatre on Monday.
My husband is now having reservations about going as cases are rising rapidly around us.
Really don’t know what to do, I’ve been looking forward to this trip for ages!
We are both doubly vaccinated and would be wearing masks.
What would you do? Any advice?

merlotgran Sat 17-Jul-21 11:52:19

MawBe

A month ago I was at the Regents Park Open Air Theatre production of Romeo and Juliet.
Temperatures checked on the way on, details taken for Track and Trace, socially distanced and everybody keeping their face coverings on throughout.
Go and enjoy it!

We should have been going to this last Thursday, Maw but it was cancelled due to some cast members needing to isolate.

Unfortunately, we'll all be away on the day we've been offered replacement tickets.

rosie1959 Sat 17-Jul-21 12:38:02

Op you are obviously concerned which may spoil the much awaited trip. Could you consider using an upgraded mask for this event a FFp2 or even 3 might set you mind at rest

Chrisks Sat 17-Jul-21 12:54:32

Thank you for your replies. We have decided not to go! Theatre was going to full to capacity and from Monday, face masks not compulsory and no social distancing.

Chewbacca Sat 17-Jul-21 13:48:10

You've made the right decision for you Chrisks; absolutely no point in going if you'd feel uncomfortable.

MawBe Sun 18-Jul-21 15:36:33

merlotgran

MawBe

A month ago I was at the Regents Park Open Air Theatre production of Romeo and Juliet.
Temperatures checked on the way on, details taken for Track and Trace, socially distanced and everybody keeping their face coverings on throughout.
Go and enjoy it!

We should have been going to this last Thursday, Maw but it was cancelled due to some cast members needing to isolate.

Unfortunately, we'll all be away on the day we've been offered replacement tickets.

I had heard Merlot D had told me half the cast had been pinged so they had no option but to cancel. All this despite the most stringent precautions in the rehearsing and planning, virtual costume fitting, no cast members less than 1 m apart except R and J themselves and everybody in a bubble. So dispiriting for the cast and creative team who had worked their socks off under the most difficult conditions sad

Whitewavemark2 Sun 18-Jul-21 18:32:03

I do think one of the major issues is poor ventilation.