Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Booster vaccination

(387 Posts)
Shelflife Thu 21-Oct-21 17:49:30

Will be six months on Sunday since I had my second Covid vaccination. I have not been invited for the booster. I recognize there will be lots of people in the same situation but wondered if any GN s have any advise as to how a booster can be speeded up. I have been on NHS website and was informed I was not eligible at this time for the booster - I am 72 and feeling anxious now.

Sweetpeasue Sun 05-Dec-21 15:30:16

Husband had Moderna booster and had fever and diarrhoea 24 hrs later. He's not mixed with anyone---unable to go out as had hip replacement a few weeks ago.

sazz1 Sun 05-Dec-21 12:54:48

I had a bad reaction to both AZ vaccines. Falls where I don't remember falling, injection type pain to both kidneys, shaking for hours and high temperature. I was not going to get the booster but I did yesterday Pfizer. Was OK yesterday but today shivers, feel weak, tired, aching legs n arms. Normal temperature though. Hope it doesn't last long. O H had no reaction at all to Pfizer booster.

JaneJudge Thu 02-Dec-21 15:41:11

I started to feel better today smile I did have to have Monday and Tuesday off work though and went in yesterday but shouldn't have really and had to go to bed as soon as I got home. BUT TODAY WAS FINE smile so hopefully, that is it!

multicolourswapshop Thu 02-Dec-21 10:19:44

I’ve made enquiries to the nhs regarding my late booster and flu vaccine. I’ve been waiting every day for weeks to be told my name is now on the list for a home visit. The very nice man called David was very helpful in explaining why I’ve not yet had these vaccines but he did say I’ll get a phone call soon. He also said the army has been drafted in to help. I told him to warn them I’m a screamer when I get a sight of needles he replied by saying it’ll not put them off. It might be interesting, I do so like a man in a uniform wink

AGAA4 Wed 01-Dec-21 14:22:11

I had Pfizer after 2 AZ jabs yesterday morning. Woke up at 4am freezing and have felt cold all day.
Taking paracetamol and although I feel a bit rough I am glad I have had it. Worth a day or two of discomfort.

Sorry for those who have had more severe reactions.

MayBee70 Wed 01-Dec-21 13:24:12

Rosie61

Slightly concerned about having Pfizer booster after AZ 1 and 2. Anyone had any bad reactions?

I had Pfizer after AZ and was fine. I don’t seem to have any reaction to vaccines though. When my daughter messaged me to say she was feeling bad after having the Moderna vaccine she said she was going to go straight back to bed after walking the dog. She then messaged me to say her dog had been attacked by an off lead rescue Staffie cross that is aggressive but usually kept on lead. Thankfully she did manage to grab the dog by it’s back legs (which is what we’re advised to do but I’ve never thought it was actually possible) and my little grand dog is unharmed. DD said the nurse told her that the Moderna is the Rolls Royce if vaccines so it’s worth the sore arm!

Barmeyoldbat Wed 01-Dec-21 13:23:54

Now being hounded by the NHS with letters and texts saying I need a booster. I had my 3rd primary jab on Sept 20th and I am waiting for the 3 month period so I can have my booster for that one. Went to the surgery yesterday to find out why this is happening and they basically said ignore it all, have faith in us and we call you forward later in December. It could be so confusing for some

Marydoll Wed 01-Dec-21 13:03:55

I had the Pfizer after two AZ. The first two put me in bed for three weeks each time and the reaction so severe it had to be reported to the Yellow card scheme.

The Pfizer triggered a bout of Labyrinthitis two days later. This has happened previously to me with other medications. The reaction wasn't as severe as the first two.

I am immunocompromised and tend to react badly to most things.

Good luck, it's worth the discomfort.

Rosie61 Wed 01-Dec-21 12:56:14

Slightly concerned about having Pfizer booster after AZ 1 and 2. Anyone had any bad reactions?

MayBee70 Wed 01-Dec-21 09:35:37

DD has had the Moderna booster yesterday and says her arm hurts and she feels awful. Hope she picks up as she’s doing Scout Camp this weekend and she doesn’t want to let the kids down. She was happy to do it (it’s indoors) because all of the Scouts have recently had covid.

Pittcity Mon 29-Nov-21 17:42:23

We had Moderna after having had AZ previously. I had an achy arm after all 3 but DH had a headache this time.
We were boosted on Saturday and have heard of people not reacting until days afterwards.

AGAA4 Mon 29-Nov-21 17:05:43

Mine is tomorrow but most of my children have already had theirs weeks ago.
Was I missed ? It's 8 months since my second jab.

DiamondLily Mon 29-Nov-21 15:47:15

I had the Moderna booster, after two Pfizer jabs. The first two were fine, just a sore arm. The Moderna booster knocked me off my feet for a week. I felt dreadful, hurting all over, and totally whacked out.

My DH had no effects at all afterwards. But, as I cannot have the flu jab because of previous after effects, perhaps it’s because my body reacts strongly to vaccines.

Lincslass Mon 29-Nov-21 15:46:12

I had my Pfizer booster last week, at GP surgery, was notified by NHS app so just rang and they booked me in. Had no problems whatsoever. . Pleased to be able to have it.

JaneJudge Mon 29-Nov-21 15:45:52

Interestingly the lady who works with me in the same room (there are only two of us) has been ill over the weekend anyway with no vaccine. I suspect she went home shortly after me smile

Calistemon Mon 29-Nov-21 15:43:04

JaneJudge I hope you feel better soon
And everyone else who has had a reaction

I'm not sure whether I had a reaction to the flu vaccine or was just very off-colour anyway.

JaneJudge Mon 29-Nov-21 15:39:14

By the way, thanks for listening smile

JaneJudge Mon 29-Nov-21 15:38:55

I've felt like I've had full on flu this afternoon, temperature, chattering teeth, hot skin, feeling very sick. It hasn't even been 24 hours since I've had it. I have just got up and sat downstairs on the sofa with a thick blanket over me. God knows what I'd be like if I caught covid. I have had an Asian flu before in the early 00s and it it made me so very ill and I am allergic to penicillin amongst other things so maybe my body reacts worse. I will be glad to see it pass smile My husband isn't well either but is at least managing to work (from home)

Jaxjacky Mon 29-Nov-21 13:45:15

Pfizer booster last Thursday, third Pfizer jab, no reaction.

eazybee Mon 29-Nov-21 12:46:22

Had my booster jab last week, slightly sore arm due to not very well placed injection, other than that no ill-effects.

Marydoll Mon 29-Nov-21 12:17:34

My third primary triggered my labyrinthitis, fortunately it didn't last as long as previous attacks. A small price to pay!

maddyone Mon 29-Nov-21 11:41:19

I felt unwell after my booster, but it only lasted one day, so hopefully you’ll feel better tomorrow Jane.

JaneJudge Mon 29-Nov-21 10:45:41

I suspect I have tinnitus too craftygranny as the UV lights at work were making me dizzy

JaneJudge Mon 29-Nov-21 10:44:58

I have been sent home from work blush I had the moderna booster at 6pm yesterday and felt nauseous through the night, sweaty, absolutely bonkers dreams. Had a hot bath and decided to go to to work but I keep sweating like a pig and feel on a another planet and my boss said I looked like I'd seen a ghost....I couldn't get out of bed with my first AZ dose. Why do they affect people more than others? (though I am awful with drugs)

CraftyGranny Sun 21-Nov-21 19:15:09

Had my booster yesterday. Been feeling really weak today with aching joints, a cotton wool head and tinnitus. I spent the day on the sofa and have slept a lot.