Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

On the news tonight

(29 Posts)
MissAdventure Mon 08-Nov-21 00:26:06

I wasn't really watching closely, but I heard it said that tighter restrictions may have to be bought in again, unless more people take up the 3rd vaccine!
hmm
Considering the palava some people are having, and the confusion around it, it seemed a bit rich!

Elegran Mon 08-Nov-21 10:35:09

Everyone is now dead who as an adult lived through that experience of doing a lot of things that they wouldn't have chosen, for the sake of trying to protect not just themselves, but also others, from danger. That is the reason that so many people no longer understand the concept of communal responsibility and expect to be able to opt out if something will be uncomfortable or inconvenient.

Casdon Mon 08-Nov-21 11:20:42

‘^Perhaps to make it clearer, they should be saying, "If enough people don’t get their vaccine booster well before Christmas, another wave of Covid will make Christmas, New Year and going on holiday difficult for everyone." though that of course would be dismissed as scaremongering.’

I’m not sure people would think it was scaremongering Elegran, because it’s the truth. That’s exactly what we have been told in Wales, and last time I looked we have the highest uptake of the booster vaccine so I think many people are taking it seriously. We need the message to become abundantly clear I think.

Elegran Mon 08-Nov-21 11:59:51

Scaremongering, brainwashing, coercion, nagging. People post all these things, and say that they don't want to, it is inconvenient, they can't spare the time, choose not to, can't be bothered, their rights are being eroded, blahh blah blah. Do they ever listen to themselves and hear teenage responses to being asked to pick their dirty clothes up off the floor and put them in the laundry basket?