Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Antivaxxers

(103 Posts)
Jillyjosie Mon 22-Nov-21 19:57:53

P. S. Those were notices relating to terrorism.

Jillyjosie Mon 22-Nov-21 19:57:00

Interesting. I've always thought that people who voted for Brexit on Little Englander grounds were insular in approach and less likely to favour mutual support or actions to benefit the majority.
Conversely, mainland Europeans and those who favour unification plus Remainers are more likely to be communal in inclination and to support action to benefit all. That is how society broadly functions in, say, France and Germany.
Doubtless I will be shot down in flames but I do remember comparing the French public notice warning people to beware which featured three people with their arms around each other in a huddle to which the caption was 'look after each other'. The British version was the dreadful 'see it, say it, done it' combined I think with stranger danger artwork.
Look out for each other or be suspicious and turn them over to the authorities (and retreat behind your front door). Says it all, tin hat in place!

varian Mon 22-Nov-21 19:40:30

People who voted for Brexit are less enthusiastic about having a coronavirus vaccine, new research suggested yesterday.

A survey by YouGov for Oxford University showed Remainers are nearly 7 percentage points more likely to have the jab than people who voted Leave in the 2016 referendum, 93.8 per cent compared to 87.1 per cent.

inews.co.uk/news/politics/covid-vaccine-hesitancy-linked-brexit-voting-patterns-886803