Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Technical problem with Covid pass expiry date

(4 Posts)
Maggiemaybe Tue 14-Dec-21 15:39:18

Has anyone else had trouble with the NHS Covid pass site?

DH and I both registered. We're both double jabbed, boosted and recovered from Covid in October.

My account shows all three of my vaccinations, and a pass expiring in 30 days, just as expected (though I wondered if the fact that we'd had Covid should have appeared there too?).

DH's, on the other hand, shows none of his vaccinations and the pass he's offered expires in 2 days time (I think that should be the case just for those who haven't had the jabs, but have reported a negative test, which he hasn't).

He's rung 119, as directed for any problems, and they claim they can see details of two of his jabs in his account, but not the booster. Their bright idea was to keep logging out and back in (we'd already tried this several times over a few days), and to try printing off the pass, because it might show a different expiry date when printed. confused Of course it doesn't!

I've seen that a few people have said on Twitter that they've had this issue, but none of them have reported it being resolved.

Has anyone had this problem, and if so, how have you sorted it out?

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 14-Dec-21 16:24:58

Doesn’t the pass automatically renew itself after the ‘expiry’ date?

Maggiemaybe Tue 14-Dec-21 16:59:06

It does, but if you’re double-jabbed it’s supposed to have a 30 day expiry period that rolls over, not a 2 day one.

Maggiemaybe Sat 18-Dec-21 13:18:53

Well, it doesn't look as though anyone else on GN has had the same problem, but just in case it's of help to others....

I decided to up the security level on DH's account by following the instructions re sending a photo of his passport, then scanning his face. And it worked! So he now has a 30 day Covid pass. And all the tests he has reported are on there too, including the positive one back in October.