Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

No Vax and no Covid?

(71 Posts)
Daisymae Mon 14-Mar-22 11:53:26

My vaccinated DS and teen GC have all tested positive this weekend. My DiL who is a staunch anti vaxer remains negative. She takes vitamins and other herbal antivirals eg garlic and ginger. Vaguely wondering if she has a point?

Zoejory Mon 14-Mar-22 11:55:23

No.

glammanana Mon 14-Mar-22 11:55:55

I just wouldn't take the chance.

volver Mon 14-Mar-22 11:56:07

No she doesn't.

HTH

Lathyrus Mon 14-Mar-22 11:56:58

She probably isn’t putting the swab up very far - if at all?

rosie1959 Mon 14-Mar-22 12:03:53

Now my son who is fully vaxed has been around loads of positive people and family and he has never caught it either he is very fond of red hot curries perhaps this is a contributing factor

Oopsadaisy1 Mon 14-Mar-22 12:07:24

MzOops partner has had Covid twice, her son and daughter have just recovered, they are all vaxed and she is still testing negative with no symptoms. PCRs and LFTs as she does training days and needs to know.
Luck I guess (and she knows the correct way to take the test)

JaneJudge Mon 14-Mar-22 12:09:24

we have had it twice in our house and I haven't caught it. Do I have a point?

BlueBelle Mon 14-Mar-22 12:12:19

NO NO NO not at all my granddaughter and husband and 11 family in laws all positive last week Her husband and family very very fit people and horribly anti vax all had it including her who had had the vaccinations
The most ill one was the father in law who doesn’t believe in CoviD and is a ‘no body’s putting anything into my body’ man
She’s probably not testing properly on purpose and some people just don’t get it, full stop. If garlic and supplements were the answer don’t you think the scientists would have been thrilled to tell us to buy up the garlic off the shelves

Oldnproud Mon 14-Mar-22 12:13:27

We seem to have more spiders than average in our house. I wonder if that explains why neither of us has caught Covid yet.

MissAdventure Mon 14-Mar-22 12:17:06

It's just pot luck, all of it.
Whether you'll catch it, and how it will effect you.

Lathyrus Mon 14-Mar-22 12:22:27

Lathyrus

She probably isn’t putting the swab up very far - if at all?

Just thought

Or possibly somewhere else ??

Esspee Mon 14-Mar-22 12:23:00

Oldnproud

We seem to have more spiders than average in our house. I wonder if that explains why neither of us has caught Covid yet.

We have had fewer spiders than normal and we haven’t caught covid either Oldnproud ?
I’m vaguely wondering if we’ve proved a point. ?

JaneJudge Mon 14-Mar-22 12:25:44

But are the spiders ant vax? Do they feel they have a point?

MerylStreep Mon 14-Mar-22 12:27:25

Oldnproud

We’ve had a mouse problem for a few weeks. Maybe they saved us ?

BlueBelle Mon 14-Mar-22 12:28:52

I ve gone 2 1/2 years without CoviD and caught it last week ….Sod’s law

Daisend1 Mon 14-Mar-22 12:38:02

Pushing her luck but on the whole I would be enclined to go for fortunate.

Casdon Mon 14-Mar-22 12:41:08

Or as they only tested positive at the weekend she will catch it off them, and her turn is yet to come.

Oldnproud Mon 14-Mar-22 12:49:47

How often do they even test?

Unless it's very regularly, she might have unknowingly had asymptomatic Covid and be the one who passed it on to them. If that happened, she could well have tested negative by the time they showed any symptoms.

Daisymae Mon 14-Mar-22 13:14:05

I know that the teens test regularly. Interesting to see how this pans out. Hope that no one is too poorly.

Farzanah Mon 14-Mar-22 13:20:05

Daisiemae vaguely wondering if she has a point?
Do you mean vitamins and anti virals may be preventive against Covid? Why are we even bothering with vaccines if prevention so simple I wonder?
We are all individual in our immune responses. My son an wife double vaccinated, she caught it from their two infected kids, he didn’t. No vitamins involved.

Parsley3 Mon 14-Mar-22 13:32:05

My grandchild had it last week but her parents didn't catch it. I had a nasty viral infection with covid like symptoms but tested negative all through. Since I hadn't been near the infected child it had nothing to do with her. There is neither rhyme nor reason to it. Your DIL was fortunate, like my vaccinated children, that's all.

MawtheMerrier Mon 14-Mar-22 14:03:02

Oldnproud

Hilarious! gringringrin

AGAA4 Mon 14-Mar-22 14:14:15

She eats garlic you say. It helps to keep vampires away but not so sure about covid.

M0nica Mon 14-Mar-22 15:40:47

No COVID in our family until November and February, when both adults were vaxxed but the children weren't.

DDiL caught it from a friend of her DC and gave it to them. DS did not get it. A month ago DGD caught it again.

Which proves absolutely nothing. We haven't had COVID and we had very few spiders last Autumn