Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

I've got covid

(174 Posts)
farview Thu 17-Mar-22 15:57:44

After all this time...have picked up covid...feeling absolutely terrible...its like a butterfly..flitting around...lower back pain, intermittent headaches, legs and shoulders painful...and a temperature....but so cold that I'm in bed fully dressed, hot water bottle and a woolly hat on....look like a bag lady .....I'm nearly 70, fit, this is the first time I've ever spent a whole day in bed!!....

mokryna Thu 17-Mar-22 19:22:02

Wishing you all a quick recovery flowers.

Iam64 Thu 17-Mar-22 19:25:49

Hope you’re soon on the mend farview
I’m negative but on the second week of anti biotics, chest and throat infection. Feel worse today so stayed in bed
My doctor said alongside covid they’re seeing a lot of infections like mine. She believes our immunity is lowered because we haven’t been mixing and now we are

MissChateline Thu 17-Mar-22 20:04:46

Its odd isn't it. I refused to lock down....my reaction was ....no one...and I mean no one tells me who I can and can't have in my house, which I own outright...who I can and can't hug...or have dinner with....how often I can and can't go out for a walk, how often I can go to a shop etc...
I have still yet to know of anyone who has caught covid. I've not as much as sneezed for 2 years despite not wearing a mask except when I had to. I've still got half of the tiny bottle of hand sanitizer that I bought 2 years ago and the same, probably unwashed mask from 2 years ago.
I still have to hear of anyone I know catching it and I know many people in my small town. Very odd...

Ashcombe Thu 17-Mar-22 20:12:19

How interesting.

Liz46 Thu 17-Mar-22 20:19:04

OH and I both have it for the first time. I was CEV due to damaged lungs and had a very bad fit of coughing earlier.

I've got up for a while but am having a (probably unwise) glass of brandy and going back to bed.

Iam64 Thu 17-Mar-22 20:21:57

Your unusual Miss Chateline. In the early days of the pandemic, the only people I knew who got it were older, had been in hospital, they died
In recent months the majority of people in their thirties that I know had Covid but only a couple were seriously I’ll
My brother in law lives two hundred miles from us, he and his partner are currently quite unwell despite being fit and treble vax

Smileless2012 Thu 17-Mar-22 20:58:51

Get better soon farview.

I've got a friend who hasn't got Covid but has the same symptoms and is having the same treatment as you Iam. Sorry you're still feeling poorly; get well soon.

cornergran Thu 17-Mar-22 21:28:09

Best wishes to all with covid. Rest and take care of yourselves. Hope you’re all very much better soon.

Grandma2213 Fri 18-Mar-22 01:50:49

I do hope there is continuing research going on now we have supposedly gone back to 'normal'. We can all make observations on what we experience but that is not true scientific research is it? For example I have definitely been aware of many more cases and also that there does not seem to be much difference in severity between vaccinated and un-vaccinated people most of whom I know have no underlying health problems. Some have few symptoms and others bedridden and very ill for up to 14 days. Surely that should be investigated if it is a wider trend.

Once we have to pay for tests and don't have to report it I wonder how it can be tracked so easily. Also I guess there won't be as much money thrown into the research either.

Hoping that all of you currently suffering from covid (or other) make speedy recoveries nevertheless.

Mamardoit Fri 18-Mar-22 02:44:38

It does seem strange that not everyone in a household catches it.

DH who is CV had a sore throat and general aches and pains two weeks ago. He also felt hot over night so did a lateral flow which was positive. We both did a home pcr which came back positive for him, but negative for me. Our youngest who is at home with us also tested negative. He had covid just after Christmas when he was staying with other family members.

DH seems fine now. He tested negative on day 8. I have no symptoms and still test negative on a LFT. I can't believe I've not caught it.

I hope that Farview and others get well soon.

BlueBelle Fri 18-Mar-22 05:59:40

Fairview I ve just tested negative after 12 days of CoviD and like you stayed safe for two and a half years I haven’t been that ill It started with a cough for a couple of days then went to a full on head cold Feel a bit under par still but getting there
I was with seven family members plus cheek kissed and had a coffee with two neighbours (it was my birthday) neighbours all fine ….five out of seven family got CoviD

Out of the five who got CoviD for two it was the first time for two it was second time and for one it was third time none has been very ill just like a bad cold

If this was a different era and didn’t have a name and tests I would have probably just carried on with my daily work etc

misschatline you sound very arrogant

farview Fri 18-Mar-22 08:50:33

I can assure you MissChateline....if you were to get covid..as I have...you would perhaps think differently...its an awful virus....knocked me off my feet and I'm by no means a soft/weak woman!!!!
......on a lighter note..my husband has just made me a cup of tea,first time in 50 years...and brought me a poppadom !!!! ?

Gongoozler Fri 18-Mar-22 10:09:30

It seems that horrid Covid is still rife. Best wishes to all of you who are suffering and I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Virtual hugs to all!

Gelleh Fri 18-Mar-22 10:15:21

No one should be complacent.
I am crossing all fingers because I have a few exciting things coming up in the next few weeks. GC's school has lots of kids off.
I hope those on GN who have caught it will have a speedy recovery.

lixy Fri 18-Mar-22 10:22:09

It does seem to be making a comeback here too in Bedfordshire. We have had an appeal from the local medical officer to wear masks in crowded places - shops - even though the requirement has been lifted.
We too have a few things planned for the next couple of weeks so really being very careful now.
Best wishes for speedy recovery to all those who have caught it now. flowers

NannaFirework Fri 18-Mar-22 12:21:42

Aww that’s pants - I do hope you start to feel better soon and hope you have someone to help you out?
Xxx

GreyKnitter Fri 18-Mar-22 12:22:40

Oh dear I do hope that you’re soon feeling better. Same goes for anyone else who had now caught it. It’s seems to be spreading quickly again - my granddaughters school is closed again for a few days as not enough teachers. We’re all trying to stay clear and I have a hospital procedure next week and need to be clear, plus my daughter and son in law have surgery in the next 2 weeks. Do hope its all able to go ahead. It’s def not gone has it.

Dylant1234 Fri 18-Mar-22 12:37:58

I’m just recovering too. I’ve been sooo careful as I have restricted lung capacity. Think I got it at the dentist. It’s nasty, headache, temperature, cough etc but luckily I seem through the worst now. Still testing positive though, ten days in!

Stephania1954 Fri 18-Mar-22 12:39:08

I have covid at the moment I am on day 6. I worked throughout the last 2 years went shopping, dealt with cancer was quite blasé about precautions My husband meanwhile stayed at home and took all the precautions washing his hands, sanitizer, mask wearing. A couple of weeks ago he went to the football and caught covid. So I caught from him.
I had terrible aches and pains in my limbs for about 12 hours. Also a cough and generally feeling lousy. It’s awful but not as bad as I thought it would be. Also it was very scary knowing I had it. So many people have died would I be unlucky. Thanks for the jabs.

Annaram1 Fri 18-Mar-22 12:41:58

My son and daughter in law have both had covid for the thrid time. Both are doctors. Son got it first, and a few days later daughter in law got it and is still ill, while son is now skiing with friends in Norway. One of their children is staying with his mum and so far has dodged covid.
Hope all suffering feel better soon.

Memo777 Fri 18-Mar-22 12:43:36

i am sorry about this bro. But nobody was believe in this covid...

Bamm Fri 18-Mar-22 12:45:34

I have it too, for the first time (75, triple vacinated). Tested positive on Tuesday morning. So far seems like a heavy cold and cough. My son, 52, who hasn't been vacinated, just had aching limbs for a day and felt shivery but perfectly alright next day! I think we are lucky it's probably Ormicron and not the earlier variants.

Pittcity Fri 18-Mar-22 12:47:44

Kylie Minogue, Zoe Ball and Joel Dommett have all succumbed and had to pull out of Comic Relief tonight.

maddyone Fri 18-Mar-22 13:11:47

Just been on BBC news, one person in twenty has got it.

LadyStardust Fri 18-Mar-22 13:27:49

My best wishes for a speedy recovery for all who have covid right now.

We are so SO looking forward to visiting my Son next month, who we haven't seen for over 2 years. The Netherlands, still insist on a negative PCR test before travelling there. I am so paranoid right now, in case we test positive beforehand. I'm just being super careful when out and keeping away from crowds if possible.

Oh and I read somewhere that drinking red wine keeps the virus at bay. Not sure if its true. but I'm happy to give it a go! grin wine