Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Nearly 2300 deaths over the last 7 days

(38 Posts)
Daisymae Tue 26-Apr-22 11:09:09

coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
Just that really.

volver Tue 26-Apr-22 11:19:37

4 of the days previous to the last 7 days had zero deaths reported because it was a holiday weekend. So the 2,300 includes late reporting of deaths which happened over that weekend.

Actual number of deaths in the last week by date of death instead of date of reporting: about 700. That number will probably rise.

LilacChaser Tue 26-Apr-22 11:19:56

Patients admitted to hospital with Covid down 14.1% from same website.

Just that really.

Jaxjacky Tue 26-Apr-22 11:57:21

You sound a bit glass half empty Daisymae.
Thanks volver

Daisymae Tue 26-Apr-22 16:53:28

wink

Woodmouse Tue 26-Apr-22 16:57:20

I'm not sure what I am meant to do with this information.

Daisymae Tue 26-Apr-22 18:13:53

Woodmouse

I'm not sure what I am meant to do with this information.

Whatever you wish!

MissAdventure Tue 26-Apr-22 18:18:32

We've got desensitized to news of deaths now.
It was so shocking in the beginning, but now it's everyday stuff.

varian Tue 26-Apr-22 19:33:03

We are still being careful, wearing masks in the shops and limiting social contacts.

We have just had our second booster jabs which should give us more protection but nothing is gauranteed so I think that old folk like us still need to be careful to avoid infection.

growstuff Wed 27-Apr-22 17:19:15

However you look at it (and, yes, there is a slight lag between deaths and reporting), there have been over 2000 deaths from Covid over the last 7 days, which doesn't include deaths after 28 days.

growstuff Wed 27-Apr-22 17:19:58

volver

4 of the days previous to the last 7 days had zero deaths reported because it was a holiday weekend. So the 2,300 includes late reporting of deaths which happened over that weekend.

Actual number of deaths in the last week by date of death instead of date of reporting: about 700. That number will probably rise.

Which week only had 700 deaths?

volver Wed 27-Apr-22 17:25:31

Now now, please read what I said...

At time of writing the last seven days had had 700 deaths. I commented that this number would probably grow. And it has. However the 700 was in counterpoint to the 2,300 that the OP had mentioned.

Nobody's in denial.

MayBee70 Wed 27-Apr-22 17:37:18

I welcome any information given that we now have to search for it instead of the government informing us regularly. Anyone would think that they want us to think covid has gone away hmm

BlueBelle Wed 27-Apr-22 17:43:16

Are you correct that they are deaths FROM CoviD or WITH CoviD Growstuff my understanding is that it’s ‘with’
Everyone here seems to have had it in the last month including my 2 very vulnerable friends but none have had any severe symptoms thankfully

maddyone Wed 27-Apr-22 18:00:03

It’s not possible to report a lateral flow test anymore so I’m not sure how anyone really knows the number of cases.

MissAdventure Wed 27-Apr-22 18:00:17

I have just this week heard of a covid death.
With/of, I'm not sure, but the person was a fit, active 68 year old who was at home with covid.

Daisymae Wed 27-Apr-22 21:27:14

Today's stats indicated over 2000 deaths in the last 7 days. A drop, but still a staggering figure.

volver Wed 27-Apr-22 21:41:49

I'm going to make a prediction. Tomorrow's number will drop significantly.

growstuff Wed 27-Apr-22 23:56:21

volver

Now now, please read what I said...

At time of writing the last seven days had had 700 deaths. I commented that this number would probably grow. And it has. However the 700 was in counterpoint to the 2,300 that the OP had mentioned.

Nobody's in denial.

Now now! wink Did I mention anything about denial? I asked a question about which day had only had 700 deaths over the previous 7 days.

As far as I can see, the rolling 7 day total has been over 2,000 for the last couple of weeks - even accounting for the lags caused by the bank holiday.

growstuff Wed 27-Apr-22 23:57:24

BlueBelle

Are you correct that they are deaths FROM CoviD or WITH CoviD Growstuff my understanding is that it’s ‘with’
Everyone here seems to have had it in the last month including my 2 very vulnerable friends but none have had any severe symptoms thankfully

Oh dear! I'm sure you know that is at least partly semantics.

Pepper59 Thu 28-Apr-22 00:08:44

Apparently there was a 60 year old lady died in Italy. The lady and her husband had been on a cruise. I felt so very sorry for them. Both going a lovely holiday, then only one returning. What a shock for the family.

volver Thu 28-Apr-22 05:13:39

As far as I can see, the rolling 7 day total has been over 2,000 for the last couple of weeks - even accounting for the lags caused by the bank holiday.

How shall I put this.... I don't think that is actually the case ?

MaggsMcG Thu 28-Apr-22 05:37:35

A lot of these deaths died "with" Covid-19 not because of it. They go into hospital for another reason and have Covid-19 when they go in but die from their original illness.

MaggsMcG Thu 28-Apr-22 05:43:54

We also have to bear in mind the seasonal deaths that would be happening if there was no Covid-19. People die! Sometimes they die from Covid-19 but often the Covid-19 just causes their original illness to exacerbate. There are less healthy people now ending up in hospital and even people with poor health surviving. We wait (hopefully in vain) for a more serious variant to emerge and take things as they are needed at that time. Its not going to go away, and scientists knew that from the beginning.

Allsorts Thu 28-Apr-22 07:43:27

I had Covid, it was awful, I still have a vile headache, achy joints and feel so tired all the time, had all the vaccinations, I pity anyone not vacinnated if they get it, I cant see how you would get through it.Thats why the medical profession are wearing masks and not seeing people properly, they know how bad it is.