Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Iā€™m not going to cry, donā€™t have the energy

(67 Posts)
Nanagem Tue 20-Dec-22 10:01:06

Iā€™ve got covid, a week before Christmas and I have covid, last year my son had it and had to stay home so we didnā€™t see him, this year we have a new granddaughter, moved house 8 weeks ago and looking forward to a good family Christmas, I love Christmas the run up is as good as the day, all the planning cooking everything I love it all. Now today not even the cake is iced, Iā€™ve been in bed since Saturday, and my wonderful husband has bought me a glass of hot lemon tea, everything else taste funny not that I want to eat, and Iā€™m laying here trying to find the energy to go for a wee, Iā€™m contemplating a shower, but at the moment a wee is an achievement.

Sorry to moan , I know people have it far worst, but weā€™ve worked so hard at least hide the boxes we havenā€™t unpacked šŸ˜‚, trees up, cupboards full of food waiting for me to cook, and I could cry because I need a wee šŸ˜¢

Lyndie Thu 22-Dec-22 16:36:17

Sorry to hear that. Itā€™s so frustrating but look after yourself. Lots of love ā¤ļø

grandtanteJE65 Thu 22-Dec-22 16:45:28

And here was I moaning because I have a racking cough, my head feels stuffed full of cotton wool, but at least I am on my feet and do not have Covid, pnuemonia, nor bronchitis according to my G.P.

Get well soon and try not to stress over things.

NanaPlenty Thu 22-Dec-22 17:41:45

Get well soon - look after yourself. We never seem to have a Xmas where everyone is well!! Wishing you and everyone else a happy,healthy 2023 šŸ˜˜

madeleine45 Thu 22-Dec-22 18:00:24

So sorry to hear how you are at the moment. the disappointment about the family meeting adds to the misery. The only thing I can suggest is accept the inevitable and try and just be as comfortable as you are able to be and then in the new year you can copy the queen and have an official christmas day and all get together and do the christmas stuff .Although this year has been so horrible perhaps it would be better to have a New Years get together for a fresh start for the family. Hope you start to feel better soon

Kryptonite Thu 22-Dec-22 18:42:37

Listen to your body and rest. I'm struggling too following a 3 week cold and horrible cough. I gave in this afternoon to a doze on the couch and film. Still loads to do, but people will help. Early night for me. Get well soon. šŸ’

Chocolatelovinggran Thu 22-Dec-22 18:53:11

Sending you positive get -well- soon wishes, Nangem.

annodomini Thu 22-Dec-22 20:21:04

If you feel like having a good cry, do it. Then get in as much sleep as your symptoms will allow. Sleep is the best remedy for just about everything.

SachaMac Thu 22-Dec-22 22:10:57

Itā€™s so disappointing but unfortunately it seems rife everywhere again, get plenty of rest and fluids and hope you feel better soon.

Gabrielle56 Fri 23-Dec-22 11:04:24

Not at all , what's life if yer can't have a moan?!? You can do it again if you want surely? Christmas is just one day out of 365.25 every year! Any day I would be allowed to see my family would be my Christmas! You'll be fine just get well!

Witzend Fri 23-Dec-22 11:24:15

Poor you! šŸ’ and lots of sympathy. Please cosset yourself as much as possible!
Weā€™ve also had Sodā€™s Law in the form of nasty bugs preventing 2 family get togethers, but touch wood not for the actual day - just dh and I this year - but dd1 and co. are supposed to come on the 27th, so šŸ¤žno Sodā€™s Law fouling that up - Iā€™m almost resigned already though - so much SL about lately.

I do hope youā€™ll be feeling a lot better soon.
šŸ’ and sympathy to Summerfly, too.

Paperbackwriter Fri 23-Dec-22 11:31:43

All sympathy to you and I wish you a fast recovery. I have The Cold from Hell which is do-able but it does mean I can't hug my lovely daughter (or even see her, close to) as she is just starting chemotherapy today for breast cancer and must avoid all infections. Life eh? But better times will come.

Nanagem Fri 23-Dec-22 22:35:05

Thankyou everyone for all your lovely words, I think Iā€™m getting over the worst of it, I suffer from ibs and normally have it under control, but not anymore!, I wouldnā€™t mind but Iā€™m not eating more than a slice of toast itā€™s the only thing I can face everything else tastes soo bad even tea which is really really not me, I love my tea.

My daughter has bpd and Iā€™ve been told today sheā€™s admitted herself to hospital, struggling to cope, I know sheā€™s an adult and at least sheā€™s recognised she needs help, but Iā€™m so worried about her

It just seems one thing after another at the moment, Iā€™m sorry to moan itā€™s the season of goodwill and joy, not moaning myrtle!

But I appreciate all the kind words from you all, they mean a lot to me, and Iā€™m feeling a lot better, and I happen to spy my name on a present under the tree so itā€™s not all bad

TopSec Wed 28-Dec-22 13:29:09

I am late to this post so apologies but I truly hope that you were able to enjoy Christmas with the family and that you are starting to feel better

grandmac Sat 31-Dec-22 16:14:13

Exactly the same here! We all had Covid over Christmas last year and although we managed to cook it we couldnā€™t taste/smell Christmas dinner. This year half the household tested positive mid December, followed at intervals by all the others except me. We were going to my sonā€™s this year and they tested positive on 22nd! But we decided to go anyway as they had minimal symptoms and I was the only one who hadnā€™t got it. I started with symptoms on Christmas Day but didnā€™t test positive until 27th. Now just beginning to feel human again. It was worse than last year for me. Aches, dizziness, sore bloodshot watering eyes, stuffed up nose with constant dripping and a horrible cough. Canā€™t wait to see what next Christmas brings!!

happycatholicwife1 Sun 01-Jan-23 19:01:35

To everyone who is sickly, feel better soon. A good cry helps, but sometimes I can't shut mine off. Don't do that, if possible, and save yourself the cryer's headache. Have a better 2023.

rubysong Sun 01-Jan-23 20:21:09

It's been a rotten Christmas for many people and it's very disappointing to miss meetings with family and friends. To everyone with Covid/Festive Flu/cold from hell/etc. take care of yourselves, rest, fluids and paracetamol. Look forward to a jolly gathering later in the year when you are better.
I've been off the premises today for the first time in 10 days and I am feeling a lot better. On Christmas day and Boxing day there was no way I could have done that.