Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

The Gransnet Panto

(184 Posts)
susiecb Sun 18-Dec-11 10:18:14

Shall we put on a panto say on 28th Dec when the hoo ha has died down. We could do it like a free form chat.
Which one shall we do and what part will you volunteeer for- we can have several people playing the same part.
Anyone game?
Oh yes you are!!!!!!!!!!grin

Gally Sun 18-Dec-11 10:22:12

....so long as I'm not an ugly sister!! 'Oh yes you are' - 'Oh no I'm not!' grin

glammanana Sun 18-Dec-11 10:29:04

Watch out for *glamma "she's behind you" I will not be at home that day but will be with you in spirit by way of a nice glass of brandy and coke.grin

glassortwo Sun 18-Dec-11 11:34:13

susie I am game.

I could be the panto horse but not the back grin

JessM Sun 18-Dec-11 11:49:09

Oh yes. I am so up for this! But are we at least going to decide the title... we could then adopt any role we choose per post... rather than anyone getting stuck with ugly sisters.
e.g. if it was sleeping beauty I could post as the bad fairy thus

BAD FAIRY: how come you never invited me to the christening!!!!! I am so over being left off the guest list!!!

or whatever. So at least we would have a vague storyline to help us along...

So nominations please. I don't nominate babes in the wood or hansel or gretel as these would be too upsetting for grandparents! Snow white pretty scary too.

Aladdin might work?

Ariadne Sun 18-Dec-11 11:56:05

DGD2's birthday - I may not be around. But will play a minor role so I can dip in and out - maybe the helper...

greenmossgiel Sun 18-Dec-11 17:49:16

Count me in! I won't be able to play anybody sensible though. (Unless it's a 'sensible' old witch!) confusedgrin

JessM Sun 18-Dec-11 17:55:21

I suppose if we did snow white and the variable number of dwarves that might work. Come on gang. Where is your enthusiasm. As outlined above you do not have to get pigeon holed into one role. Play all of them in turn if you like! Chance to be creative.

em Sun 18-Dec-11 18:14:45

I really like Cinderella and if we choose it, I'll be an ugly sister!!

Anne58 Sun 18-Dec-11 18:20:50

Yes, count me in, althougt I will need reminding! (Although, tbh, I don't know at this stage which day I will be seeing the grandchildren).

I have a pair of over the knee boots, and have praticed my thigh slapping, if that's any help?

Annobel Sun 18-Dec-11 18:25:13

I'll be on a train much of the day, but if I'm home in time I will fill in any part that doesn't seem to be taken, or invent a new one if necessary!

nanachrissy Sun 18-Dec-11 20:56:05

Can I be Dopey?

Gally Sun 18-Dec-11 21:22:50

I'd better be Sneezy then - I never do less than 15 at a time grin

jeni Sun 18-Dec-11 21:30:55

I don't want tobe doc!! Any way I'll be out of contact. Haive a lovely time. Ifi can get a web link I may drop in. I STILL HAVE'NT STARTED PACKING!!!!!!!!!!

Faye Sun 18-Dec-11 21:45:40

I would like a minor role, I am definitely not the actor in my family. Also because my times are different I am often asleep. I fell asleep in the middle of the Christmas party just as I was about to order some pizza with everyone else. When I woke up everyone had eaten. sad

Annika Sun 18-Dec-11 22:42:39

I could take a minor roll I could be Sleepy I could add the odd ZZzzzzzz when prompted needed grin

glammanana Sun 18-Dec-11 22:50:09

I'll open up Widow Twankies laundry at least then I will feel at home.Any offers to play the Gene ? smile

Annika Sun 18-Dec-11 23:20:44

I'm off to bed now to reserach the role of Sleepy (oh no your not, oh yes I am!) wink

grannyactivist Mon 19-Dec-11 00:38:55

Not made plans for so far ahead, but I'm game if nothing else gets in the way. I really don't mind which panto and am happy to play any role. (Ugly sister - rear part of horse/donkey/goat......) grin

Annobel Mon 19-Dec-11 09:12:04

This morning I am competing for the role of Sneezy! Aaaachoooo! grin

nanachrissy Mon 19-Dec-11 10:33:31

I'm certainly feeling in character this morning! I could be an understudy for Sleepy too!

Carol Mon 19-Dec-11 10:38:11

Will drop in but things hotting up around here, with one baby being discharged from hospital tomorrow and the other staying in SCBU till after Christmas till her feeding is better established, so I'll enjoy the panto from the sidelines - I can be the audience!

Butternut Mon 19-Dec-11 11:35:28

That's so great to hear, Carol.

Annika Mon 19-Dec-11 13:40:20

Lots of `he's behind you` Carol from the audience !

susiecb Mon 19-Dec-11 16:02:10

OK we need a decision so I'll make one and you can shout at me if you dont like it. This years production is Cinderella as we all know the plot but lots of other characters can be at the ball e.g. politicians, pop stars, film stars etc etc. I am happy to be an Ugly Sister as i have atrocious feet but several people can play the same character etc we really need a Sassy Cinderellla - how about it jingle??? and a funky fairy godmother would be good as to Prince Charming - who knows when our prints will come??

As to script I'll start you off on the day and you all join in in a stream of conciousness until we get to the end.grin