Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

Download Festival.

(55 Posts)
rubylady Fri 03-Jun-16 01:36:59

My DS is off to his first festival next week, Download, rock etc. He is going on his own so he isn't sharing costs of what to take with anyone. I have bought him the ticket and the coach travel but am at a loss as to what he will need to be there. I don't want to spend money I haven't got on things that he won't use but also don't want to not buy him something that will be really useful. Not a lot of money left after ticket and coach and his spending money too (all his birthday present) so I don't want to waste a penny as he might not bother to go to any more. Any help please? smile

Alea Mon 13-Jun-16 07:53:14

That's going to be a fair drive. Which college?

Mildred Mon 13-Jun-16 08:05:11

I remember taking food parcels and also shopping in Sainsbury's Huddersfield, they both seemed to have money for beer and alcohol. I never went to university so student living and priorities were an eye opener, it was also the first time I had a pint.

mumofmadboys Thu 16-Jun-16 07:43:49

Ruby have you got everything washed up after Download. I can remember all the mud when our lads went to music festivals!!

Tegan Sat 18-Jun-16 12:09:48

ruby; the S.O.'S son [who used to go to download and still knows people who do] says that some people are asking for their money back in view of the terrible conditions and the lack of facilities. He said a lot of people left. There were pictures of tents with water just running through them. I know no one can do anything about the weather conditions so it's interesting that people are complaining about other issues.