Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

Edinburgh Fringe

(35 Posts)
Anya Fri 13-Jan-17 10:29:44

I've never been to The Fringe and it's on my Bucket List. So this year I will go. There no problem with accommodation as I have relatives in Motherwell and can get the train in daily.

But I don't actually know how it works as it were. I'm aware there's various acts, plays, comedians, etc from well-known to complete amateurs. And logic tells me there must be venues all over the city.

So I figured there is bound to be those on this forum who can offer some practical advice and suggestions, so this poster can get the best from the experience. I'm thinking just a couples of days for a start.

Jane10 Sun 15-Jan-17 09:21:16

I bet we could organise a GN meet up in Edinburgh to coincide with your visit Anya or would that interrupt your cultural meanderings too much? Elegran? How about it ?

Anya Sun 15-Jan-17 09:24:23

I can happily meander into a watering hole Jane to rest my weary feet.

Elegran Sun 15-Jan-17 10:50:32

Why not, Jane, perhaps at everyone's favourite place on Princes Street? Though somewhere like the Dome may be where the action is.

Jane10 Sun 15-Jan-17 10:57:31

Its the 'action' I want to avoid! The usual venue would be good. Straightforward to find for anyone unfamiliar with Edinburgh. Its a performance venue though?

Elegran Sun 15-Jan-17 11:03:11

I think the performances are up on the top floor at the back, aren't they? The restaurant and the smaller rooms will surely still be available?

Elegran Sun 15-Jan-17 11:04:32

Maybe Anya wants to be in the middle of the action? Or will she be ready for a bit of peace with her shoes off?

Elegran Sun 15-Jan-17 11:05:36

Shoes off under the table, I hasten to add. We do want to keep up appearances, don't we.

Jane10 Sun 15-Jan-17 11:14:44

Naturally Elegran! Actually a GN meet up is a cultural event in itself!

Anya Sun 15-Jan-17 11:51:13

Definitely ready for boots off! Peace and quiet with a good strong flat white.

I'll be the one with my feet up on the table just to lower the tone.