Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Monday 22nd Aug weigh in.

(31 Posts)
glassortwo Sun 21-Aug-11 23:25:16

All ready for you to record your results, good luck.

dolphin Thu 25-Aug-11 18:03:45

Thank you, Jacey. I saw my GP this afternoon and he has given me a script for a different AD - but he said " are you sure you aren't over-eating - the only way to gain weight is to eat too much" hmm -a bit mean of him I thought, under the circumstances. Yes, feeling sad does make me yearn for foods less good for me, but I am reasonably strong-willed and do eat sensibly and have certainly not been eating in a way that I should have put on any weight - let alone 9lbs sad

Notsogrand Thu 25-Aug-11 18:55:34

Even a few ounces is impressive golden. So is keeping going! wink

yogagran Thu 25-Aug-11 21:18:06

I'm just the same dolphin and eat when I'm upset or annoyed. It's so silly I know and I always feel cross with myself afterwards. Strong willpower is what is needed - and the support of all you GNetters

goldengirl Thu 25-Aug-11 21:39:19

dolphin don't be too hard on yourself, it might well be the tablets. As I've said elsewhere I'm on thyroid tablets and it's taken well over 6 months to start going on the downward path again having gained a lot of weight because of my condition - and there are some weeks when I don't lose anything at all which is galling. Don't despair. I think your GP sounds horribly mean especially as you are on ADs. The GNs on this thread are incredibly supportive so do persevere.

glassortwo Thu 25-Aug-11 22:14:34

dolphin we are all behind you, just take things at your own pace, even if you are not loosing its not a problem, we will give you any support you need.

golden every little bit helps smile