Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Monday 16th April weigh in

(41 Posts)
glassortwo Sun 15-Apr-12 23:02:54

Well its Monday again, they are coming think and fast. I know most of us have had snow showers over the last few days but before we know it the sun will be shining and you wont want to be covering up.... you will want to be stripping off ....so stick in it will all be worth it.

I have had a few weeks off, but I intend starting again tomorrow. I know I said this last week but other circumstances changed that, but there should be nothing to stop me now.

Good luck to you all. smile

glassortwo Wed 18-Apr-12 20:37:00

Oh hope you feel better tomorrow grannylin

jeni Wed 18-Apr-12 20:52:59

I can't understand it! This morning 13 5! Whyconfused give up! I'm fat and going to stay so!

glassortwo Wed 18-Apr-12 20:56:53

jeni its something you are doing or not doing, have you checked what you are eating and the quantities. It could be something as simple as the spread you are using or too much milk. I will help anyway I can, PM me if you need to.

jeni Wed 18-Apr-12 20:59:40

No exercise!
Fed up
Come fine weather and not so feeling tired and down will probably improve!

glassortwo Wed 18-Apr-12 21:01:23

jeni can you swim, as thats one of the best exercises you can do and you dont damage anything as the water takes the impact?

jeni Wed 18-Apr-12 21:05:17

Disabled access at my local pool is non exixistant! Anyway I work!

glassortwo Wed 18-Apr-12 21:19:37

No access at all that is disgraceful, our local pool is well equipped... how about a leisure centre they usually have a pool, even 1 hour a week will help you. Sorry I dont want to look like I am not pressuring you smile

Notsogrand Wed 18-Apr-12 23:58:20

I'm camping this weekend with about 2 dozen family members, many of whom I haven't seen for several years/four and a half stones ago. smile So that will be good!
but....
It will be impossible to stick to my proper eating plan when camping! I've been stressing about it, but finally decided to just go with the flow of all the meals that have been planned and prepared by others for us all to share.

So this is by way of an advanced confession ...... I shall be straying! Hopefully the inevitable weight gain will be minimal, and once I'm back on here next week I'll be back in control again grin

Taffydiane Thu 19-Apr-12 08:25:31

Morning all, just joined this morning, looking forward to seeing the rest of the site, I too am determined to lose some excess weight, just joined Weight Watchers on-line, so here's hoping. good luck to all wink

glassortwo Thu 19-Apr-12 08:28:48

Taffy welcome to Gransnet nice to see a new face. smile

Carol Thu 19-Apr-12 08:31:08

Welcome Taffy. Look forward to chatting with you smile

glassortwo Thu 19-Apr-12 21:24:15

I have lost 1 1/2lb so I am pleased with that as I have not been 100% committed smile

GillieB Fri 20-Apr-12 13:19:07

Well done, glass. I am feeling a bit despondent as I stepped on the scales today and discovered I have put on 200 gr, and I have been so good and exercising so well. My husband repeated the mantra, "weight loss is not linear", but it doesn't help me. Ah well, all I can do is to carry on and hope for the best.

GrannyK Sat 21-Apr-12 00:50:35

Can't believe I actually forgot to post after I weighed myself earlier in the week. Obviously in denial as I have now gone up to a pound above my target weight after going down to about 5 pounds under it when I was ill However , I have finally bought the dress for the wedding I am going to in 3 weeks time, and while it is ok as it is , it will look even better if I am a pound or even two thinner. It is hanging in the doorway on the way to the fridge just to keep reminding me of this fact .....!

glassortwo Sat 21-Apr-12 15:00:15

gillie just keep at it smile

grannyk you have got the dress, you have got the incentive so a few weeks of being careful will be worth the effort wink