Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Monday 7th May weigh in

(46 Posts)
glassortwo Sun 06-May-12 23:42:16

I was half way up the stairs when it dawned on me its Sunday, think the bump on my head at the Gransnet party has a lot to do with it. grin

Hope you have been good wink

Jacey Tue 08-May-12 21:07:26

Too many vodka jellies on Saturday jeni? grin

jeni Tue 08-May-12 21:31:12

grin

Anne58 Tue 08-May-12 22:14:01

Oh heavens, just made the mistake of weighing again! I really must stick to once a week!

AlisonMA Wed 09-May-12 10:51:04

grannyk Well done, you are an example to us all!

raggymac Wed 09-May-12 19:41:12

I've lost half a pound- rotten weather is not helping - feeling very much like eating everything in sight! sad The only thing stopping me is the thought of holiday next week.

glassortwo Wed 09-May-12 19:49:34

raggy well done, isnt it hard when its rotten outside, so easy to put the kettle on and have a coffee and a biscuit, have a lovely holiday, we will see you when you get back and hear all about your break sunshine

raggymac Wed 09-May-12 20:50:09

Will still be at home next Monday as we don't go to the following Friday !
Thanks for all your boosting support glass It's great not to feel alone

glassortwo Thu 10-May-12 21:17:06

Well thats it I am going back to Slimming world, cant make head nor tail of these pro points online and I have stayed the same so bye bye weight watchers hello Slimming World wink will keep you posted.

Notsogrand Thu 10-May-12 22:31:24

Staying the same is fine glass, so well done for 'maintaining' when using a system you're not keen on. You'll be happier back at Slimming World.

Butternut Fri 11-May-12 07:45:59

Since I bought my scales, I have put on weight (1 kg) and why does 1kg sound like a massive amount whereas 2lbs is sort of reasonable? - what's that all about? grin
I am going to take them away from the bathroom and put them in the back of the shed!

Bez Fri 11-May-12 08:57:19

Oh this is the first time I have read this thread - hope you don't mind my joining in - I have been trying to lose weight for ages - did it about 15 years ago and reached the target weight with WW and it stayed off for a few years even after I remarried and was cooking a lot more. Then it just very gradually started to increase and I could not move the extra. I then became the heaviest ever.
We were told by the Dr in France last summer that DH should lose weight as was in danger of having type 2 diabetes -gave us a diet sheet which just gives amounts of each type of food for every meal. We both lost some - him more than me and I was eating even less - very unfair.
Fallen off the wagon a bit over the winter and have stayed the same more or less - am now inspired to do more of the weighing and will from time to time report in.
Will now go and get on scales.

whenim64 Fri 11-May-12 09:27:09

Good luck Bez there's lots of mutual support on here.

greenmossgiel Fri 11-May-12 09:32:32

Yes, Bez - joining glass's thread has really helped me to keep going, too! Best of luck! smile

Bez Fri 11-May-12 09:49:45

Sad to say the scales showed an increase of about 3lbs since I last weighed about 6 weeks ago - excuse is we have been away and eating out more (although trying to be good!). The good news is that I am still about a half stone down on where I started last summer.
The diet sheet from the doc - which is biased towards people who have type 2 diabetes - has every sort of food but in smaller quantities but it is designed for you to have a three course meal twice a day and the breakfast is more than I could eat.
One of the things the dietician for type 2 says is that you should drink very little wine and never Rose - we keep our intake down as DH on warfarin and alcohol has a bad effect so we do stick to the one glass with our evening meal and it is mostly a red.
While we are on this thread, which is for not only health reasons but also for appearance - or at least in my case - anyone got any good neck exercises - could do with a bit less there!

AlisonMA Fri 11-May-12 09:53:25

Butternut Is there a little lever on the underside of your scales to switch to lbs? Mine has and I find it much easier to weigh myself in st & lbs and agree that kilos sound too heavy! Also like to see the % of lbs lost.

Taken to the bad habit of weighing every day because social life is so heavy at the moment. Visitors yesterday so made lots of yummy food and tried to restrain myself but the home made biscuits were yummy. Stayed the same so gave myself a brownie point but going away for the weekend so need to find all my self control!

Butternut Fri 11-May-12 13:00:13

Unfortunately there isn't Alison. Anyway, it is now languishing in shed! I shall revert to the usual of letting my clothes do the talking.

Another reason for putting it away in the shed was that I was weighing every day - and I knew that would happen - and I wasn't comfortable with that.

glassortwo Fri 11-May-12 13:10:11

Hello bez good to see you, come and join us.

Butter & Alison thats the worse thing you can do get weighed everyday, get weighed once a week at the same time and with if possible the same clothes on. Your body can fluctuate hugely from day to day and also the time of day.

Butter Dont worry about your gain, just try to see if you can spot what you have been having that would have causes the gain, and look at your portion size. Time is galloping on and the wedding is approaching fast but you could still see a change before then wink

Butternut Fri 11-May-12 13:53:57

Thanks glass - I live in hope!

jeni Fri 11-May-12 14:15:03

I have just had written above my door "Abandon hope, all ye who enter here" sad

glassortwo Fri 11-May-12 14:18:04

jeni grin