Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Monday 27th August weigh-in

(51 Posts)
Notsogrand Sun 26-Aug-12 21:21:08

Happy Bank Holiday! Glass is away this week, but said she will still be keeping an eye on us.
Good luck everyone for this week!

granjura Mon 27-Aug-12 09:55:09

Another kilo gone - I got stuck for a couple of weeks, so that was good news. I am wearing a pair of jeans i bought about 10 years ago in the sales, and never worn as yet.

AlisonMA Mon 27-Aug-12 10:03:06

Well done granjura I've some clothes in my wardrobe I would love to get into too.

I've not done very well this week, lost 0.2lbs even though I have kept within limits in MFP every day and done a reasonable amount of exercise. sad At this rate it will take me the rest of my life to lose even 1/2 stone.

I'm starting a 6 week gym n swim course tomorrow so can only hope that will help. [fed up] emoticon.

Notsogrand Mon 27-Aug-12 10:23:18

Isn't it it great granj to get into clothes that were previously too small? Well done you!

It may not seem much Ali but it's a loss...you are going in the right direction! smile The gym n swim course should help and it sounds fun! Don't be down-hearted, you'll get into those clothes before you know it.

I was really cross to have put on 3lbs last week, and have managed to lose 2 of them this week. Hard work though.

Sbagran Mon 27-Aug-12 11:27:11

I am angry with myself angry !
As you will all know I confessed last week to sinning at the GC sleep-over picnic and had pizza bits, sausages, doughnut, bakewell tart and crisps, and of course expected that to show up at this weekend's weigh-in.
However, like Alison I was really good with MFP for the rest of the week in the hope my sins would go unpunished!
Yesterday morning I weighed in at 161.2lbs - up 0.8 of a pound. I am pleased obviously that it wasn't higher but am so angry at myself as it WAS SO UNNECESSARY!!! - note to self .... GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER WOMAN!!!
Poor Alison don't give up - I hope you enjoy the gym/swim. I must admit I have neglected that part of my life as well so I got what I deserved - you didn't - but as notso said - it is a loss. flowers Today is another day so let us both start again and go for it smile
Good luck everyone and have a good break glass if you are spying on us!

jeni Mon 27-Aug-12 11:43:19

13 3 again.

AlisonMA Mon 27-Aug-12 11:45:33

Thanks sba I feel a kindred spirit. Shall we both be really good girls this week?

Notsogrand Mon 27-Aug-12 12:51:42

sbagran...put that anger to good use! That's how I felt last week and it helped me to get back on track. You can do it!

That's maintaining from last Friday jeni but isn't it 1 1/2 lbs loss from last Monday? Only another few pounds and you'll be down into the next stones bracket!

I think I'll join you in being a really good girl this week Ali, but only as far as food is concerned grin

AlisonMA Mon 27-Aug-12 13:07:13

Yes, I was only talking about food and drink notso long given up on everything else!

jeni Mon 27-Aug-12 13:25:05

It's hard work! I actually have lost some though!
I have no choice in behaving except in food!sad I'd love the chance for otherwise![nlush]

jeni Mon 27-Aug-12 13:25:54

hmm should be blush shock

susiecb Mon 27-Aug-12 16:48:51

Still 2lbs under target but having some chocolate today as I have been lusting for it for ages!

GrannyHaggis Mon 27-Aug-12 18:19:58

Remembered to weigh myself this morning! Weight stayed the same, but I blame it on the ginand tonic jelly with lime posset I had for pudding when OH took me out for lunch:-0 !! Plus my waggy tailed friend has gone home, so the walking hasn't been as long or every day! Still feel lighter and slimmer and that's what matters.

Like the idea of gym-n-swim Alison!

Well done on getting into those jeans granjura!

hope those talking-tos will work wonders this coming week sbagran!

merlotgran Mon 27-Aug-12 19:51:50

Mind if I join in? I need to lose at least a stone. I have just found out I have really high cholesterol - 7.8 so I am trying to combine a low cal and low cholesterol diet. I lost half a stone quite easily but seem to have ground to a halt now. I shall try and walk the dogs for longer each day but finding the time is not easy.

Oh and I'm not drinking wine sad

AlisonMA Mon 27-Aug-12 19:54:58

Welcome Merlot of course you can join us. A lot of us use www.myfitnesspal.com and record exactly what we eat. One of the benefits you would love is that it shows you just how much cholestrol you are consuming. Good luck

Sook Mon 27-Aug-12 20:12:25

Still 12.11 :-(

merlotgran Mon 27-Aug-12 20:27:10

Thanks for the link, Alison. I've registered and have been set a goal of losing another half a stone by 1st Oct. I'll be cross if I can't do that!

jeni Mon 27-Aug-12 20:41:36

sook I wish I was! I'd be able to get into my evening dress then!
You don't look that heavy, I'd have thought about the 10stone. Are very tall. Or have you put your weight down wrongz.

jeni Mon 27-Aug-12 20:43:23

Oh you're sook not soop! Silly me!blush

yogagran Mon 27-Aug-12 21:06:00

Still just a tad under my target weight in spite of a couple of really bad times last week. I'm doing the 5:2 intermittent diet, which was the subject of a recent Horizon programme, with my DH and I find it really good to know that on one of your "fasting days" (ie 500 calories) you can actually look ahead and know that tomorrow you can eat reasonably normally.

Sook Mon 27-Aug-12 21:46:00

jeni you're not much heavier than me and probably taller I'm 5.4 still obese according to the BMI. I have been fluctuating at this weight for months now. It's really frustrating.

Good Luck for next week. smile

jeni Mon 27-Aug-12 21:47:10

I'm 5 7

jeni Mon 27-Aug-12 21:48:16

I'm fed up with the combination of the weather and being fat!
I'm for bed.

Night all!

Sbagran Tue 28-Aug-12 07:13:04

Thanks for the encouragement notso - it's 'not so' bad (pardon the pun!) when you know why - and I did admit to the kids picnic sins so it is my own fault. I really feel for all my fellow losers who can't explain why, as that is so frustrating and I have been close to admitting defeat on more than one occasion.

However, thanks to glass notso and all you lovely ladies I have remained committed and it is working slowly.
Yes Alison I too feel a kindred spirit and WE WILL BOTH be good this week.

Welcome Merlot what a great start and what enthusiasm - you will be just what we sloggers need - new blood brings new enthusiasm.

Jeni sounds so fed up flowers and it's true - the depressing weather really makes a difference. I was off work last week on 'holiday' but because the weather was so foul (more like November!) I didn't even get the exercise that I would have got had I been working - several days in a row it was a case of locking yourself in the dry - then of course you slob - vicious circle.

Today is a new week - a new start, girls - let's all encourage each other. I shall walk to work with renewed commitment this morning - for five minutes it actually looks like it's not raining ?

Good luck everyone - everyone go for gold this week grin

GrannyK Tue 28-Aug-12 09:45:09

HUGE SUCCESS !
After weeks of staying the same or even going up a bit now and then , I have lost almost three pounds this week ( still weigh in kilos but convert to lbs for weight loss as the numbers are bigger !!)

Have had a brilliant week with my new toy MFP. Cannot imagine why I didn't find it earlier when al of you have been talking about it for so long . I am a little obsessed with it, I confess, but it really does work- I went to two birthday parties and out to dinner this week and still achieved the greatest loss I have had in the whole year . Now just to stay this focused for the last pound or so and then maintain the weight , of course !

The moral , ladies , is do not despair . Together we will get there !