Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Monday 28th January weigh in.

(44 Posts)
glassortwo Mon 28-Jan-13 07:51:33

Oh how did Monday come round so quick, got to dash Monday school run is the worst always takes an age to get them sorted.

You were all verrrrrry quiet last week?

janeainsworth Mon 28-Jan-13 10:55:23

Morning glass
Extemely modest loss of 100g since the last time, ie now weigh 64.9kg.
But it's the firsat time I've been less than 65kg for many yearssmile

glassortwo Mon 28-Jan-13 11:11:58

Morning jane well done even if its a little bit your going in the right direction and you get the satisfaction of being you lowest yet grin

This week 3.52 oz

Total to date 1 stone 13lb 3.52oz

Wheniwasyourage Mon 28-Jan-13 11:36:51

Please can I count today's 65.5kg as a 300g loss from my first result this year instead of a gain from a fortnight ago which I didn't report as things were a bit fraught. Now I hope to get on with the exercise and turning down chocolate! Good luck everyone!

grannyactivist Mon 28-Jan-13 11:47:09

Okay - I'm joining in. After losing a huge amount of weight last summer, I've slowly piled the pounds back on. It would be good to lose two stones so that's my target. (I lost more than that last year so I know I can do it.)

Sbagran Mon 28-Jan-13 11:56:24

Very bad week last week but no excuse for being a wimp and giving into temptation! Just wish the weather would improve because apart from not wanting to get cold, wet and blown away it is so dark and depressing that you don't feel any incentive to go out.
By some small miracle I have stayed the same!
The next couple of weeks look dodgy as various decisions to be made and commitments to honour so not holding out any real hope of brilliance but I will get back on track even if it takes a couple of weeks to get into harness!
Good luck to everyone else and flowers to all who, like me, are feeling a bit down! We need a bit of sunshine

Anne58 Mon 28-Jan-13 12:11:44

Sorry, looks like I gained 1lb blush

I know I had a bad week, but it's no excuse really.

glassortwo Mon 28-Jan-13 12:14:28

when sorry things have been difficult for you, but well done on your loss. smile

grannya welcome aboard, you can do it smile

sba just take one thing at a time and you will be back on track before you know it, sorry you are feeling down {{{hug}}} sunshine

This week 1.1 oz

Total to date 2 stone 1lb 1oz grin (2stone)

Marelli Mon 28-Jan-13 13:06:42

I stayed the same yet again! I know what's wrong - my portions are too large, so I will address this hmm!!

Notsogrand Mon 28-Jan-13 15:47:40

Just returned from a few days away so will have to weigh in tomorrow.
Question...If you're staying in someone else's home, what happens to your brain to make it think that treacle sponge isn't fattening?
confused

Marelli Mon 28-Jan-13 16:18:15

Or to have 2 lots of pudding like I did at Elegran's....blush

celebgran Mon 28-Jan-13 16:36:26

please wait for wed for me when I have my official weigh in!!

bit anxious due to dinner party sat and scoffing some cheese, and bit left oveer yest!!

trying like hell tho no choc or crips passed my lips!!

Notsogrand Mon 28-Jan-13 16:48:29

I bet it was lovely Marelli !
As you've confessed to 2 lots of pudding, I better be a bit more honest.....on 3 consecutive nights and to feed very hungry teenagers, I made treacle sponge, chocolate sponge with chocolate sauce & lemon sponge with hot lemon curd sauce. All made in the microwave, so very quick and easy and all went down without touching the insides of said teenagers.
I had a portion of each one and it wasn't until I was travelling back today that I realised what I'd done! I'd been in a different time zone I think, and reality had passed me bygrin

(The lemon one was far and away the best)

Marelli Mon 28-Jan-13 19:50:06

gringrin!!

glassortwo Mon 28-Jan-13 20:36:39

marelli I also had two puddings trifle and fruit jelly shock we will see what the damage is tomorrow.

notso grin grin you cant cook for grandchildren without tasting it first can you. wink

celeb you have all week so dont worry, people will still be weighing in all week. smile

Marelli Tue 29-Jan-13 09:46:45

I've lost a pound!!! I'm back on track now [hurray emoticon]!

Notsogrand Tue 29-Jan-13 10:01:42

Drats and super drats! I now have scientific proof of the impact of 3 nights of sponge pudding (....did I mention the cream?)
I've put on 2lbs!
I'm sorry to be subtracting from the total of everyone else's hard earned efforts blush
Back on track now.

Tegan Tue 29-Jan-13 10:24:18

65 again yesterday but usually weigh myself as soon as I get to work and this time I'd had several cups of tea and coffee before I did so [drinks must weigh something?]. Can't use the scales at work for two weeks though so it'll be interesting to see what I weigh in three weeks [the scales at home aren't too accurate and I might just hide them away for 3 weeks]. Have stopped eating bread again which always helps.

Marelli Tue 29-Jan-13 10:33:02

Tegan, I cut out bread altogether due to feeling bloated and having indigestion after eating it. It was actually on GN that I got the information about it - think it was Bags? Anyway, to cut a long story short, I find that now I'm not eating it, it's really helping in the weight-loss. I buy Ryvita and use that instead (it's cheapest at Home Bargains)! Good luck. smile

jeni Tue 29-Jan-13 11:15:27

Humph! [grumpy] emoticon!
Gone back up to 14stone!
Been comfort eating when I had no boiler and was freezing
MUST TAKE MYSELF IN HAND AGAIN!

jeni Tue 29-Jan-13 11:17:55

Very strange. I never eat puddings but last night I had a craving for and eat a treacle sponge pudding.
Is it something in the air, like pollen causing hay fever?

Notsogrand Tue 29-Jan-13 11:28:27

I had the teacle pudding virus last week jeni.....is it contagious?

Tegan Tue 29-Jan-13 11:34:19

I've found the important thing to do is have a meal ready to put in the microwave as soon as I get back from work. That way I don't go straight to the bread bin. Even having to cook something from scratch like fish fingers takes too long when I'm hungry. My teeth don't handle ryvita very well, so I stock up on rice cakes which are nice with jam on if I fancy something sweet.

Riverwalk Tue 29-Jan-13 11:55:13

I stayed the same sad

I stuck to the programme even though had a couple of evenings out .... didn't do much walking though.

Must do better!

jeni Tue 29-Jan-13 12:22:16

Seems to be very contagious I make it 7 cases reported in one day!