Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Monday 28th January weigh in.

(45 Posts)
glassortwo Mon 28-Jan-13 07:51:33

Oh how did Monday come round so quick, got to dash Monday school run is the worst always takes an age to get them sorted.

You were all verrrrrry quiet last week?

celebgran Wed 06-Feb-13 20:45:29

grin I amweighed on Wed¬s lol will try find it!!

janeainsworth Wed 06-Feb-13 19:14:44

celeb you're on the wrong thread.
It's Feb 6th today, you need the Feb 4th one grin

celebgran Wed 06-Feb-13 18:54:18

where are all the weighers?/

lost another 2lb !! weigh in with nurse today.

so pleased when been away weekend, must been acquacise and healthy tea last night"!!

glassortwo Thu 31-Jan-13 19:31:15

Mrs hat 2lb well done its a nice surprise when your not expecting it.

grannyeggs have a lovely holiday and dont give us a moments thought. grin

This week -2.65 lbs

Total to date 1 stone 9lb

Grannyeggs Thu 31-Jan-13 15:35:16

I stayed the same I' m afraid . I am going on holiday for two weeks, starting tomorrow, I'll try to be good.hmm

Riverwalk Wed 30-Jan-13 20:24:25

I'm sure we'll all do well this coming week, especially as everyone will be avoiding the free Cadbury eggs thread, won't we? wink

mrshat Wed 30-Jan-13 20:06:31

Well, I lost 2lb this week - Lord only knows how. I just hope I continue in this mode but would be content with 1lb a week. However, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so to speak. grin

glassortwo Wed 30-Jan-13 19:54:36

jeni Mondays are good days to start wink its not necessarily the food its the company that makes all the difference. smile

jeni Wed 30-Jan-13 19:33:45

Went out to lunch with Angel next door! Had scampi and (some) chips, then couldn't resist rhubarb crumble!blush
Will try to diet next week! Have given up for this weeksad

glassortwo Wed 30-Jan-13 19:27:10

That totals not correct I had included celebs 1lb.

This week -4.65 lbs

Total to date 1 stone 7lb

glassortwo Wed 30-Jan-13 19:25:47

grannyeggs have a fantastic holiday, dont worry about the weight until you are back sunshine

grannyK your MFP would probably make interesting reading grin

celeb well done even after your entertaining at the weekend. Next week half a stone grin that's fantastic would you have though when you started you would have been almost 1/2 stone lighter?

sew its lovely to hear from you, I am glad you are starting to get your appetite back even if it is chocolate grin I am not including your gain as you need that gain. wink How is DH?

This week -5.65 lbs

Total to date 1 stone 6lb

Sewsilver Wed 30-Jan-13 18:17:21

Finally started to put back some of the lost weight, about 1.5 lb. Why has it all gone back round the middle? With all this stress my feet and neck have gone scraggy but my middle remains spongy. My appetite is starting to return but only for chocolate. Strange that!

celebgran Wed 30-Jan-13 13:22:37

just got in from Wed weigh in, despite all stress of fall out with OH SEE other thread!!
Lost another lb!!!
making total of 6 and half now!!

weekend away this week if we still talking so not sure if will put on next week!!!

GrannyK Tue 29-Jan-13 22:51:28

Well thank heavens . Had total "computer giving up ghost" situation , coupled with really not at all well over the last fortnight. It has been a bit nightmarish !

Fortunately that all seems to have been sorted and normal service is resumed in all areas.
Weighed myself this morning and seem to be about the same as the last time 3 weeks ago . I think I probably went up and then down , truth be told, but I feel things are more or less under control .

Hoping next week will show things have stabilised properly and I can now work at maintaining this weight, which is more or less where I am happiest .

(Have been entering everything in MFP , but it has had some very bizarre entries!)

glassortwo Tue 29-Jan-13 22:10:32

phoenix Its only a little gain noting we cant sort out smile
marelli Puddings didn't do you much harm did it grin
notso Now you are back home again it will be easier to forget the puddings grin
tegan Stayed the same well done, if you had been weighed at work you have have had a loss, well done.
jeni I think with the boiler and everything else
river Mollie baubles join me in the maintain club, I blame the puddings on Friday grin
grannylin You have had some celebrating to do this week so a little gain is nothing, how are you coping on the 5:2

Right I have given myself a good talking to, I am going to a Macmillan Ladies Day on 3rd March so I need to get cracking. From tomorrow I am going back to basic and hopefully will see some thing off next week.

This week -5.65 lbs

Total to date 1 stone 6lb

baubles Tue 29-Jan-13 16:24:36

Nothing lost this week or last, but I don't deserve to have lost! Got to get grip!!!!

Grannylin Tue 29-Jan-13 14:48:40

Got back to the 65kg I started at, seems to be a difficult weight to shift.Am a bit disillusioned with the 5:2 diet now, so am seriously wondering if my normal days are seriously abnormal!!( well I did have a new baby to celebrate)

glassortwo Tue 29-Jan-13 14:11:10

I will come back later off to school now smile

mollie65 Tue 29-Jan-13 14:04:30

no change here! still hovering at 9st 1 lb (even taking off my glasses to read the dial did not help)
I really thought it would have gone down as walking the lurcher thru the snow was very hard work and should have resulted in a small loss.
as I ran out of bread towards the end of last week I did not even consume my allowed two slices per day (the gluten does make you bloated so I do keep it down to 2 slices only) but must have over compensated on other stuff.
if we get nice weather soon the dog will get an extra walk and I will get moving in the garden smile

jeni Tue 29-Jan-13 12:22:16

Seems to be very contagious I make it 7 cases reported in one day!

Riverwalk Tue 29-Jan-13 11:55:13

I stayed the same sad

I stuck to the programme even though had a couple of evenings out .... didn't do much walking though.

Must do better!

Tegan Tue 29-Jan-13 11:34:19

I've found the important thing to do is have a meal ready to put in the microwave as soon as I get back from work. That way I don't go straight to the bread bin. Even having to cook something from scratch like fish fingers takes too long when I'm hungry. My teeth don't handle ryvita very well, so I stock up on rice cakes which are nice with jam on if I fancy something sweet.

Notsogrand Tue 29-Jan-13 11:28:27

I had the teacle pudding virus last week jeni.....is it contagious?

jeni Tue 29-Jan-13 11:17:55

Very strange. I never eat puddings but last night I had a craving for and eat a treacle sponge pudding.
Is it something in the air, like pollen causing hay fever?

jeni Tue 29-Jan-13 11:15:27

Humph! [grumpy] emoticon!
Gone back up to 14stone!
Been comfort eating when I had no boiler and was freezing
MUST TAKE MYSELF IN HAND AGAIN!