Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

5:2 Fasting Diet

(380 Posts)
nanapug Wed 30-Jan-13 16:49:30

Oh I am very pleased to see this new thread on this diet. Thank you GrandmaH. I too have started it today and am doing ok so far. Am drinking hot water instead of tea or coffee. Don't like black tea/coffee or herbal but find the hot water quite pleasant. Have bought two packs of fresh sunshine vegetables from Waitrose for my supper which will only be 128 cals and means I can have an apple or blueberries as well. I also bought some Miso soup which was quite pleasant. It would be helpful for me if people added to this thread what low cal stuff they have found good. Lets keep this thread going and support each other. Good luck to those of you who have just started xx

GrandmaH Wed 30-Jan-13 15:36:06

Thank you- I'll have a look.
First day went very well,I wasn't hungry although I did feel light headed around 3.30.
Not extra hungry today either.
If it works it seems a really good habit to get into.

Marty Wed 30-Jan-13 08:50:28

I started the diet yesterday and it was fine. I made a gorgeous tomato soup for supper and my husband had bread with his. I managed to keep to 500 calories. Trick is to keep busy and not get the nibbles. I think I can do this!!
Tomorrow is my next Fast day and it will be veg soup this time. Luckily both my husband and I love soup. Will weigh myself next week and see if I am a bit lighter. I am being careful on my non Fast days as well - but that is my decision as I need to loose about 10kilos.
Keep in touch GrandmaH and lets see how we do.

shysal Tue 29-Jan-13 22:23:13

Quite a few of us have been trying this tyoe of diet, see this old thread. www.gransnet.com/forums/dieting/1193212-Horizon-intermittent-fasting-diet?msgid=24964973. There is also a Q&A on the home page if you click on the banner logo at the top of the page.
I think this type of regime really works for life.

GrandmaH Tue 29-Jan-13 15:41:08

Has anyone else tried this or is trying it now?
I started today & it looks too easy to be true.
I missed all the hype last summer & only heard about it in Rado Times last week so i would love to hear from anyone who has tried it.
First day of fasting & to be honest I feel quite normal but then I often forget lunch anyway if I'm busy.
I cannot believe how much weight I have managed to put on in a year following some family problems- typical comfort eater! Now I need to get myself in hand quickly.