Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

I’m a pear !

(996 Posts)
NanKate Tue 08-May-18 16:04:23

I have returned to my own healthy eating plan as I need to lose a stone. I am pear shaped with a small bust, reasonable waist and overlarge hips.

On reading the ever sensible Dr Scurr in the DM this morning I discovered a healthy waist size is 31 ins for women and 37 ins for men. I rather smugly measured myself expecting a pat on the back only to find I am 5 ins over the recommended size ?

Onward and upward or preferably downward.

GrannyIris5 Sat 23-Mar-19 07:02:02

Did you buy it Badenkate? If not you can throw the voucher away or have a slice of it and eat a lot less main meal. Why do these. Supermarkets always do the bogof or 3 for 2 and vouchers for crisps, sugary drink and calorific sweet food. Never seen bogof on eggs, natural yogurt or salad veg etc

Badenkate Sat 23-Mar-19 09:03:25

No, I was very virtuous and threw it away. I could have had some on the new ww, but then I'd probably have been on fruit nd veg for the rest of the week and I do enjoy my cereal in the morning and pasta etc. Mind you, if it had been the second week without any loss, things may have been different!

fourormore Sun 24-Mar-19 10:50:41

What great willpower has been shown this week - well done to us all !!!
I am delighted to report that I have got rid of the 3lbs I put on during our binge short break last week.
I am back where I was the weekend before we went away -minus another 0.2 of a pound! OK 0.2 is only 'a grape' but on my chart it is an extra notch so I will grab it with open arms!
Good luck everyone flowers as we start another week - I must now concentrate to achieve more notches grin

GrannyIris5 Sun 24-Mar-19 11:15:48

Good news fourormore, back on track.
Declined cake at eldest and youngest granddaughter’s birthdays this week. Had couple of tiny sausage rolls, vine leaf ‘thing’ and feta cheese and tomatoes though. Kept away from crisps, pizza and the wine - took redbush vanilla teabags with me ?

Badenkate Sun 24-Mar-19 11:59:11

Well done everyone showing determination! Binge weekend breaks have to be enjoyed fourormore, and that's fantastic that you've made up the gain already. No cake GrannyIris5, I must admit you've got a steelier backbone than me. So onwards and downwards this week!

GrannyIris5 Sun 24-Mar-19 12:17:07

We’ve got a week to our 1st April monthly weigh-in. Anything goes on a Sunday so I’ll start again tomorrow. Catch up soon ladies x

NanKate Sun 24-Mar-19 12:27:10

What brilliant news folks. We may be a small bunch of losers but at least we are still here.

Onward and downward girls ?

NfkDumpling Sun 24-Mar-19 12:30:33

Give me strength girls. I shared a bottle of Rose (12.5%) with DiL yesterday lunchtime and afternoon. AND had apple crumble for pudding. Nearly 2lbs on today!! I’m now going into the garden to dig!

Badenkate Sun 24-Mar-19 16:24:20

I do remember someone saying to me 'if you to eat something that maybe you shouldn't, think long and hard and make a definite decision about it, and then if you decide you are going to eat it, make sure you really enjoy it'!
In the spirit of that, Nfk, I hope you really enjoyed your rose and apple crumble wine cupcake

Badenkate Sun 24-Mar-19 16:25:11

'if you want to eat...'

NanKate Sun 24-Mar-19 16:37:26

I’m having half a mini apple crumble after my roast chicken today, so there ?

fourormore Mon 25-Mar-19 17:04:33

HALF of a MINI apple crumble is miniscule NanKate grin !!!
Sundays are Sin days in my world so I admire your willpower! Good luck everyone else too!

GrannyIris5 Mon 25-Mar-19 17:29:36

I couldn’t eat half either, unless someone offered it

NanKate Mon 25-Mar-19 17:46:16

This is my diet plan everything I want in half quantities, I’m used to it now.

GrannyIris5 Mon 25-Mar-19 18:03:56

NanKate, you deserve a medal for willpower. I’m an all or nothing girl, it was the ‘all’ that got me on this thread ?

Shirleyw Wed 27-Mar-19 20:38:59

Lost half a pound

GrannyIris5 Thu 28-Mar-19 08:23:52

Pack of butter Shirleyw, going in the right direction. Are you logging weight loss on Monday on the other ‘thread’?

Grandmama Thu 28-Mar-19 19:04:08

Feeling chuffed. After being stuck on the same weight for several days in spite of not eating much and having tummy rumbles, this morning the scales were 1lb down on yesterdaysmile. I might just reach my target by Easter day. I still have a pot belly, though. Any suggestions for that?

Shirleyw Thu 28-Mar-19 19:42:50

Thanks granny...no, not been logging it there as I've always written on this one...shall take a look.....

NanKate Fri 29-Mar-19 07:15:22

GrannyI I’m not quite as virtuous as it sounds, it is only the fattening things that I have half portions eg cake, biscuit etc. I eat a WHOLE Weetabix with fruit, nuts and yogurt each morning, coffee mid morning a light lunch, tea in the afternoon and sometimes a half Slimfast choc biscuit and then a sensible supper. Sometimes a nice glass of chilled wine slips in there ?.

GrannyIris5 Fri 29-Mar-19 08:00:52

Ah ha NanKate, you are human after all ?

Badenkate Fri 29-Mar-19 08:40:59

I am relieved NanKate. I was worrying that you weren't eating enough! I must admit I don't have the will power to eat half of anything - so we don't have cakes, biscuits, chocolate etc in the house. Well done shirleyw and Grandmama - it always gives you such a nice feeling to lose. flowers to both of you

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 29-Mar-19 08:56:26

I was naughty last week when I went shopping. There was a special offer of salted caramel 'Cornetto'-like ice creams - four in a box - half price. I couldn't resist.
They've all gone now.
I try to be good most of the time (5/2 but it gets boring ) and I'm struggling.

fourormore Fri 29-Mar-19 10:08:00

I've done what we're always told we shouldn't do - and that's weigh inbetween fixed weigh in days! Not happy as looks like the short break weight hasn't gone after all? Teach me - not looking again until Sun morning!!! hmm blush

GrannyIris5 Fri 29-Mar-19 11:11:51

fourormore a pint of water weighs a pound and a quarter! I’ve had 3 coffee’s so that’s almost half a stone, how many have you had. Are you posting month’s loss/gain on the thread on the 1st?