Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

I’m a Pear ? the sequel part 2 !

(1001 Posts)
NanKate Sun 01-Nov-20 20:35:42

On 08 May 2018 I started this thread for those who wanted to lose weight and have a healthier lifestyle. Many people have joined up and many pounds lost and a few gained.

However the 2 Gransnetters who have stayed the course from the beginning are Fourormore and Shirleyw who have helped to keep me on the straight and narrow, most of the time ?, and kept up our spirits.

We now have some other excellent new regulars who have joined our ranks and they have brought new ideas and support. Many thanks girls what would I do without you all.

Do join us the rules are simple.

Choose your own style of diet plan.
Check in regularly with a report of the highs and lows of the diet.

Have an occasional binge but get back on the wagon ASAP.
Pass on any useful diet tips.

So for example I started calorie counting with the NHS Diet Plan. I now eat what I like but make portion control my mantra.

You have nothing to lose, other than weight, on this thread.

Please join us at this difficult time in all our lives with the Pandemic.

So Onward and Downward girls ??

NanKate Sun 21-Nov-21 08:38:15

Hope you can get your medication sorted soon Whiff. ?

Well done Dorset for your loss. ?

Rather preoccupied as DH has to go into hospital on Thursday for an angiogram and stent/s. I know this is a regular procedure but I am still anxious.

Dorsetcupcake61 Sun 21-Nov-21 09:33:25

Good morning lovely pears. Whiff,I hope all is sorted soon and you are feeling more like your usual self. Nankate thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. The only positive I can offer is that his health problem has been identified and treated. That said I can understand your concern?.
Soup would be brilliant Whiff. I am a big fan of homemade soup this time of year,cheap,low calorie,tasty and nutritious. I am wary of having to carry to much on bus. I do remember by a lightweight flask I bought for a friend a few years ago which might be worth looking at. I do find that I'm getting more resilient. As the old saying goes habits take a while to form. I'm now in the habit of getting up at 5.15 and getting the bus. I think my body is now getting used to FT routine,I wont say I'm not tired but I'm feeling more energetic!
The office is still following covid guidelines. We wear masks when moving around the office and touch point cleaning continues. The break room is quite a reasonable size but only has a small window. There are limits on how many people can be in there etc.
There are many cafes nearby. It's like everywhere else in UK. Social distancing signs are still up etc,in some staff and patrons wear masks in some they dont! I have noticed recently more people in street are wearing masks. I have frequently sat in cafes but will look for one with good ventilation/ that is quieter .
I think all we can do is our own little risk assessments. I still wear masks on public transport or in crowded areas and shops. If it's very busy outdoors. It's quite grim how lax some peoples personal hygiene can be. I'm double jabbed,boosted and had flu jab and so think like most of us all I can do is be sensible!
It is lovely that craft fayre are back isnt it Sarahmob? I went to one with my daughter in October. It was strange to be in that situation but the majority wore masks. She went to a small one yesterday and the edible goodies sounded amazing-she relented and had a hot dog?.
It is getting festive here. On Monday my daughter put the Christmas tree up whilst I was at work. I was quite bah humbug as it's way to early! She did do it beautifully though.
Yesterday Santa arrived at our town .The high street was packed. Near to the office was a choir singing Christmas carols and songs,santa hats and all! Hands up my first reaction was it's only November,grumble grumble. After a while though I realized they were so good and their joy was spreading to others. It may only be November but after the last year or so it was so lovely I felt my eyes well up. I think a case of you dont realise what hasnt been possible until you come across it,if that makes sense!
Have a lovely week everyone ?

fourormore Sun 21-Nov-21 10:39:50

Well done everyone for persevering - I think I am currently on a plateau as I have remained the same now for the third or fourth week in a row. It's frustrating but maintaining sometimes is as hard as losing so I won't give up.
Sorry to hear that you're under the weather Whiff - isn't it strange what a change in medication can do but obviously it has to be if medics aren't happy with you taking both. Hopefully it will settle once your system gets used to the new regime.
Thoughts and prayer for you too NanKate - like you say, it is a regular procedure these days but it's not regular when it's you!
We had our boosters on Friday with no side effects. We were given a 4-sided A4 sheet outlining what was in it, how to use it, possible side effects etc. Does anyone actually read it?
Personally we never read any of the leaflets enclosed with these things as they would scare you to death - should we have any strange after effect we can then check with the paperwork. I have a friend who 'develops' every side effect listed but each to their own!
Sarahmob it's good to hear you are settling into your routine - we were talking to a lady at the 'Jab session' on Friday who has left her home three times since March 2020 - once for each jab. Bless her, she was delightful and so pleased to be out. It seems so strange after all this time - we are now braving buses if we need to but prefer to walk out in the open air away from crowded areas.
Sometimes I think we are over-cautious and almost paranoid but one of our GC caught it last week - too young for the jab at 10yrs old. Fortunately she has bounced back but it proves it is still there waiting to be caught!
Good luck everyone as we face another week of hope! Like many, I look in every day but don't have the time always to post!

Whiff Mon 22-Nov-21 06:31:46

Sarah well done with maintaining. I love a craft fair. But there are none local to me . But my craft group is a good substitute. As love seeing what others are doing.

NanKate my brother had 2 stents put in his heart 8 years ago. It took him 45 mins to walk a short distance from the car into the hospital. 2 hours after he had it done he said he could have run home.
It is a worry when our loved ones have to have a medical procedure no matter how safe and everyday it is. You will have a new man on your hands within days. He will be chasing you round the house?.

Every time I have been to the hospital every where has been Covid safe. To be honest since only patients and those who need a carer with them are allowed in it has been quieter ,easier to move round and always able to get a sit. Especially in A&E. Also blood tests and x rays are done quicker . In fact think hospitals are running more efficiently and in the last year have been an awful lot. The care is excellent here.

I find having soup every lunch filling. As it slows down your eating. A sandwich is gone in minutes but soup takes longer and is healthier. Nice to have something hot on a cold day.

Thank you for all your good wishes. Pain wasn't as bad yesterday but it has stopped me doing things and is making me very tired. Did my weekly weigh in yesterday. Put a quarter of pound on. So my weight is slowly creeping up. Need to stop it. Haven't been able to exercise since Friday hopefully feel bit better by lunch time and can do a few .

Got my Covid booster on Friday morning . Had my flu jab 4 weeks ago. Still doing my lateral flow test every Saturday. So far every one negative. But still wear my mask and gel when out. But Covid numbers are on the rise up here. Not many needing hospital admissions but those they do are people who haven't had the jab. Got no time for anti vaccine lot. They are idiots.

Four it is frustrating when you plateau but in a way it shows you are able to maintain a weight. Ok not the weight you want but it's still a positive. Where Covid and flu are concerned you can't be over cautious. Especially if you and loved ones have health problems. Better safe than sorry.

Take care everyone ?

Dorsetcupcake61 Mon 22-Nov-21 08:54:13

Morning all?. It's my non working day so having a leisurely start to the day!
Keep on hanging in there Fourormore ?. I was in a similar position to you recently. All I can suggest is what has worked for me in the past and indeed what has worked recently. I have changed a habit-I get the bus to work so that involves at least 20 minutes extra walking a day.
Diet wise sometimes you need to have a "reset". Maybe change what you are eating. Check the amount of calories. I will be honest in that for the past few months I havent been writing anything down but relying on past knowledge to estimate calories. I was close enough to maintain and very occasionally lose a small amount. However after a good hard revaluation what I was eating could have been healthier and writing things down really focuses me . I usually have a note book but my daughter had paid for the nutracheck app so I'm using that. It's very good but I wouldnt pay for it?.
Of course there may also be the possibility you are not eating enough,so looking at things again might help?.
I didnt get any info with my booster! That said it's the Pfizer so there tend to be less side affects . Had to wait for the allotted time though.
I really could identify with the lady who had only left the house to get jabs. That was me last year! I didnt even get my flu jab last year as I felt the risk in getting to the surgery outweighed risk of getting flu, I wasnt getting closer than 3 metres to anyone!
I started my new job at the end of January,before my first jab and at height of cases here. I spent a week in the office which I accessed by taxi .I was meticulous about covid safety. I didnt return to the office until mid may after both jabs and have been there ever since.
Tbh recently I have wondered if I'm to relaxed. Regulations in the office are still in place and I'm upping my game a bit. I'm still diabetic and 3 stone heavier than I should be!
Side affects of medication can be scary. I always have a quick read and note anything vital!
I had a friend who was having a procedure for back pain,an injection. She became very I'll almost immediately and was in hospital for a few days. She was one of the unlucky few as the side affect was very rare. She was fine eventually.
I do love a craft fayre Whiff,although like you I find most of them are to far out to get to! The one I went to with my daughter was a 3minute drive away,or 10mins on bus if hadnt had a lift!
I'm looking forward to Kirsty Allsops Christmas Crafts on channel 4. Always makes me feel festive!
Talking of which I'm off to make some Christmas cards ,I only make them for close friends though. I have made eldest daughters and grandsons . When I saw her last week I sent her back with an Advent box. I usually get the boys traditional Advent calendars with interesting pictures etc. This year I found Advent Activity books suitable for both their ages. I supplemented this with all sorts of odds and ends from my craft stash including a pom pom maker and wool! I also added the knitted items I made last year including a santa and elf hat that I wasnt able to get to them! I put in cards I made and a few chocolates. Finally I found a Christmas book I bought my daughter when she was there age! Very glad I didnt have to post it?.
It should keep them occupied during December ! We are hoping they will be able to come down for Christmas but who knows. Fingers crossed! Have a lovely day all!?

NanKate Mon 22-Nov-21 09:29:36

Thanks for the warning Whiff ?

Dorsetcupcake61 Mon 22-Nov-21 10:40:04

NanKate ??x

Shirleyw Mon 22-Nov-21 12:51:46

Hi all….that’s a good loss dorset….I hope to lose next the week the 4 lbs I put on this week lol…..it was my birthday weekend so let myself off.
Brisk walked to hospital today for pre op for cataract op on the 20th ?….30 mins brisk walk each way and already I’ve done nearly 13000 steps and not even 1pm yet ….I really must keep up the exercise, makes me want to eat healthily as well as keeping fit. I feel my ‘muffin’ top creeping back and that’s not good and the other day I had to pop to one of the houses at work and there was a staff member…great person who I get on with well but she was wearing a fitted knitted dress and it shows all the lumps and bumps and she is a shall we say a lot heavier than me and I thought to myself that I have to be more strict to myself or this will be me soon if I’m not careful…a wake up call… …

Whif, I do hope you get better soon and get the meds sorted. Yes, it’s good to talk rather than bottle up things. Not always easy I know.

Frosty early this morning when walking J , kills off the germs ?

JoMarch1962 Mon 22-Nov-21 22:00:05

Good evening again, dear Pears!
Whiff, I hope you get your medications sorted pronto, and that you are not too uncomfortable while you wait.
NanKate, no wonder you are anxious, but I can echo what others have said. I believe it’s a relatively non invasive procedure, and can have such a fabulous effect on people’s energy levels and quality of life. I hope you get good news soon.
Fourormore, I feel for you in the plateau- been there so often myself sometimes it feels like I’ve moved in. This time, what has helped ( a bit) is to wait a bit between weigh ins, and not weigh so frequently, but to see how clothes are fitting. Not that it is the weather for the White Trousers of Truth, but I still try them on!
And Dorset and Sarahmob, it is a well known fact that any extra pounds gained in Birthday celebrations are figments of the imagination and DON’T COUNT. Celebrations absolutely must be enjoyed, life would be too grim without them, and we have proved time and again that we keep on getting back on plan after little diversions! I mustn’t get complacent tho’ - I know I’m an emotional eater, and I’ve been a little sad in the last couple of weeks, as my DS and his girlfriend of 6 years have split up. At his age that’s nearly a fifth of his life. It wasn’t his decision or doing, and my heart is in pieces for my baby- even tho’ said baby is 6 ft 4 and v hairy! He is back living at ours, which in many ways is lovely for us, but none of us think that it’s good for him. I’ve been clinging on, trying really hard not to eat my worry away, and I’ve been successful in that since mid October I have lost on average 1.4 lbs per week apparently ( 8 lbs 2oz in total as of this am) but it’s not been linear, it goes in fits and starts, and frankly does my head in. Our scales are also crazy- giving me measurements that differed by 2lbs this morning- I tend to take the one that occurs most often ( the “mode” if memory serves!) as the most likely. I just want to be what I was just before last Christmas, before this Christmas, to feel that I’m not slipping back into bad old ways. Another 5 pounds to come off then. ( Or is it 3, or 7???)One benefit, I’ve got quite nifty at number crunching in the last few years- it replaces biscuit munching in my idle moments!
Is anyone else feeling like all the gorgeous Christmas food adverts are a cruel and unusual punishment aimed specifically at them? Arrgghh - still at least 4 weeks before the event!!

JoMarch1962 Mon 22-Nov-21 22:32:12

Whoops- I meant Dorset and Shirley re the celebration pounds- and well done to Sarahmob for maintaining.
And CocoPops, the love of a good cat is a great thing for a young man. The beautiful calico that appears to believe that we are her staff has managed to get DS to smile- no mean feat at the moment!

Whiff Wed 24-Nov-21 06:24:53

Shirley love the thought birthday calories don't count. At least you had a good birthday. Sorry if I forget to wish you happy birthday .

Wow 13000 in a short time. I am lucky if I get to 9000 a week. Don't go out everyday that's probably why. Also don't have my phone in my pocket moving about the bungalow. Can't have it in my pocket during exercises or I will do myself a mischief. Luckily feeling more myself again. Last week at exercise class I could do some of the exercises only lightly holding on with one hand was going to see if I can do some today without but will have to wait and see . I like setting myself goals. Haven't been able to exercise since Friday. Funny how much I miss it. My husband would laugh his socks off. Me liking exercise ?. After our tea and biscuits I seemed to walk quicker to the bus stop ?. No idea why.

Spoke to GP surgery they hadn't had the letter from the hospital yet. Be glad when they do. What to get my heart under control again. BP is up for me but still normal range. Had appointment for AF clinic yesterday on 12th they run 7 days a week .

JoMarch years ago I had a pair of scales with a voice. Unfortunately you couldn't turn the volume down. And it loudly and accurately total you your weight. At least the pair I have now does do that but is accurate. I always stand up straight in the buff and count to 10 before looking. Why I have no idea why 10 it's become a habit.

Remember the old manual scales if you stood certain ways it would make the dial go up or down. Much prefer today's scales.

Christmas food adverts don't bother me . But the smell of hot crusty bread that's heaven and only my treat at my daughter's on a Friday. Except this week not needed. She is taking the boys to a Father Christmas play . But having my Covid booster Friday morning. Then that's me Covid and flu jabbed for the year.

Christmas tree will go up on the first.
The my daughter and the boys will be here on 3rd and have lunch here for a change after my grandson has decorated the tree. He did last year and I left everything where he put it. It will be stopping his little brother pulling everything off this year should be fun.

NanKate hope you and Mr N have a good night's sleep ready for tomorrow. Wishing you both all the best. I know how much difference the stents made to my brother's life. He couldn't go up stairs without stopping half way up. Our NHS is wonderful.

Have a good day pears.

Whiff Thu 25-Nov-21 15:59:16

NanKate hope all went well for Mr N today and both had a good night's sleep. Hope he feels like a new man soon. ??

Whiff Fri 26-Nov-21 04:59:36

Wednesday had a great time at exercise class. I did some walking exercises without using my stick. And only needed to place one hand on the back of the chair for the leg ones. I was very happy. Last class of the year next week then the following week the Christmas party. When we go back in January I will be in the maintenance class as I have done the 12 weeks free. Paid this week but gave Emily £10 as the classes are £2.50. She will let me know when that runs out. Really proud of myself. Should have know something would happen.

I cope well with my illnesses even finding out about my heart didn't bother me. Yesterday woke up stuffy by lunchtime time full blown cold. I am like a bear with a sore head when I get a cold. Don't get them very often but when I do knocks the stuffing out of me. I am a proper misery. Didn't got to craft just stayed in the warm.

Cancelled my Covid booster for today and rebooked for the 7th. Don't need to go anywhere until Wednesday by then will be feeling better.

Good news looked on the NHS app and my GP had sent the prescription for my new heart tablet to the pharmacy it should be delivered today. Be glad to get my heart back under control.

Hope you are all well and keep warm they are threatening a bad winter.

NanKate hope Mr N not in any pain. ?

Sarahmob Sat 27-Nov-21 08:12:58

Good morning Pears, I hope this finds everyone weathering the storm. It’s not too bad here in Lincolnshire, just some strong winds blowing across the fields. Whiff I do hope that you’re getting over your cold and keeping yourself warm, I hate those first couple of days of runny nose and streaming eyes too. I’ve weighed in a day early as I’m going to meet some friends I used to work with this evening and Italian food is on the menu. I’m pleased to say I registered a pound and a half off this week. I’m two and half pounds off my target, so still hoping to get there by Christmas. Then I’ve a decision to make about whether to adjust that target down another half a stone, or make that my set point. I’m undecided at the minute.
Things at work have been a bit worrying this week as we have had a significant Covid outbreak in one class (not one I work in, but do work with siblings) … I’m hoping to have dodged the bullet but on daily testing for the next few days just to make sure.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend, keep smiling, this group is so important ?

Dorsetcupcake61 Sat 27-Nov-21 08:17:24

Good morning lovely pears?. As I have said before I always check in daily even if I dont have time to reply.
A belated happy birthday Shirleyw ???,and good luck with your cataract OP,I hope it all goes well. Your comment about the knitted dress made me smile. In the 1980s my mother loved the look of a knitted dress in a shop window and bought it without trying it on. In reality you have to be totally without any bumps or lumps for it to look good. Eventually she passed it on to me but even though I was slimmer then it was never a good look! Fortunately it was in the sale,although still expensive. Eventually it was donated to a charity shop. To my shame I do have an extensive wardrobe of clothes that dont quite fit at the moment although they did briefly a few years ago. Anything cheap I donated to charity. Fortunately the more expensive items are quite timeless.!
Your posts always make me smile JoMarch. I hope your son is starting to feel brighter. I am in a similar position with my youngest daughter. It's so hard when they appear to be on a settled path and it all falls apart. My daughter moved back in at the beginning of the year. It's been hard for her but shes getting her life back together. I think it's so hard for anyone who is single now. Unless they earn an exceptionally good salary accommodation is extortionate. By us you can expect to pay at least £700 to rent a one bed flat,and that is a tiny one in a very dodgy area,and they go like hot cakes! Anything vaguely pleasant you are talking minimum a £1000 month. As part of a generation who were luckier the cost of rent horrified me. For the majority of young people in the area buying is totally out of reach.
As far as I'm concerned the best option is to stay here and save what you would pay in rent towards a deposit ,which would take a good few years. I think I'm just horrified by handing over that amount of money for no permanent security! Of course once you have lived independently it's hard to move back home however good the relationship with your parents is!
For me how well my regular clothes fit is a good indicator of how well I'm doing-or not! Both myself and my daughter would like a new winter coat. We both fortunately have one already as the current trend is for padded coats! That I certainly dont feed-in have enough of my own?.
I think celebrations are certainly to be enjoyed. One of the saddest things I remember being told at weight watchers was to mix a few of their low calorie sweets in with the tub of quality street! Nope! Of course as we all know it's about balance. In years past I have taken the old adage of eating a mince pie a day throughout December rather to much to heart. It can be a tricky time,especially in the last few weeks of the month with get togethers etc. I do wonder ,especially with the new variant,how things will pan out as far as that's concerned.
Like many I always over buy,even though I try not to. The ads and magazine articles are very tempting. Strangely ,I dont know about anyone else,but when Christmas arrives,I often find I get very quickly bored of treats! Many times in the past I haven taken excess goodies to work in January!
So,my daughter and I are trying to plan sensibly. Like a lot of people the tub of chocolates is almost taken for granted. Tbh thinking about it often they are eaten out of habit but dont really enjoy! So we are looking at treats that we REALLY enjoy. A home made quiche, for my daughter a baked camembert and crusty bread. It's so important to find the right balance. We definitely want to avoid weeks of excess but dont want to restrict it so much that the only treat in the cupboard is a rice cake?. In the past,admittedly when catering for more I planned menus from Christmas eve to boxing day-including treats. It may be a good idea to do this again! That said I have a lot of christmas planning to do?.
Whiff,I do admire your exercise routine,and everyone else's. It is the one area I totally fall down on. I think it may have to be my new years resolution!
I'm glad your treatment is being addressed Whiff. Our NHS is wonderful. I've had a few weeks catch up and all is better than I thought would be. A visit to chiropodist for the first time in over a year was amazing!
I do hope you are well Whiff and the cold is improving. Without scaremongering I would add a note of caution. A colleague was hit by a bad cold which turned out to be Covid. She would have just assumed it was a cold,although she felt dreadful. Shes back at work now fortunately.
Well I have lost 2lb! I now am the lightest I have been since May 21. Over the past 6 months I seem to have gained and lost the same 5 pounds repeatedly! Since my birthday I have really focused and written down every calorie. Onwards and downwards fellow Pears. Have a great week which ever way the scales go! ?

NanKate Sat 27-Nov-21 08:18:15

Thanks Whiff for your concern. Surprisingly DH did not require any stents as the sophisticated machine was far more accurate in his diagnosis than the previous one. They have upped his medication. However he still occasionally has chest pains so he is going to speak to his Doc about this.

Yes we did need a good night’s sleep the stress of it all zonked us both out.

I think I need to get back to the drawing board with my Eat. Less for Life plan. It’s slipped a bit recently. ?

Keep safe and warm folks it’s blowing a hooley ?

Dorsetcupcake61 Sat 27-Nov-21 08:25:43

Well done Sarahmob and I hope you have a lovely meal tonight! My team lunch is in an Italian restaurant,very much looking forward to it!
I hope you stay safe and well. Covid is at very high levels in my part of Dorset. All we can do is remain sensible and continue with masks etc.
I think we are supposed to miss the worst of the storm in this part of Dorset although it is cold and very windy! Stay safe and cosy allxx

Whiff Sat 27-Nov-21 08:56:29

NanKate glad to hear about Mr N . I started my new heart tablet today. Even on my old I did get chest pains it was acid reflux as apparently heart trouble and acid reflux go hand in hand. Mine is always between my breast bone. A dull pain which stays the same but some Gaviscon shifts it .

Well done Sarah and Dorset on your loses. I can't have chocolate in the house as I can't leave it alone. Few years ago before I started eating less for life. I brought a tub of chocolates the lot went in 3 days. So much for my only having 3 a day as a treat. ?
I did my Saturday lateral flow test it was negative. But knew it is just a cold. Feeling better today.

Sarah have a lovely meal I love an Italian restaurant. Hope you reach your target by Christmas at least if you put on a bit you know you can get it off.

Arwen raged all yesterday and still at it. My poor greenhouse the door blew off and some panels. 3 must be in other people's gardens. And my strawberry plants are toast. Only stayed out long enough to put panels and door in the garage. Will need to measure and order new panels and super glued as well as clip them in.

At my exercise we laugh but Emily makes us work which I like. Also every exercise is for a set purpose which I like. As I like things to make sense. My daughter does boxercise which she finds better than yoga

fourormore Sun 28-Nov-21 09:25:28

Well I've come to the conclusion that there is no logic in life!
My permanent home salad bar worked in maintaining but now the weather is changing etc. I decided to try to break the plateau!
This week I have not had any salad but have eaten sensibly with a couple of 'naughties' one day when I was feeling particularly fed up!
The result - a loss of 0.2lb which means I've stayed the same. Still walking when possible - but would have been in France if we'd gone out yesterday !!!
I'm going to ease off now until after Christmas - the latest news puts our going away plans in jeopardy so we'll take it day by day.
Glad everyone seems ok and recovering from colds and it's good to hear NanKate that your husband is doing ok.
Keep up the good work everyone - we will get there flowers

Whiff Sun 28-Nov-21 10:02:28

Four while I like salad occasionally usually with some sort of protein but only when out. To the hottest summer to coldest winter day I always have homemade what ever soup for lunch. You can't hurry soup and slows do eating and think that's why I always feel full afterwards. A sandwich would be gone in a few minutes and be hungry within a few hours. Well done with the loss ever little bit counts.

Feeling a lot better cold wise and started new heart tablet yesterday notice my BP has come down today. But it will take a few days before my heart behaves as it was.

My daughter and family came yesterday . They rescued my plants all still alive and cleared out the staging and flooring so nothing else could fly about last night. Very cold here but no wind.

I was nice and cosy inside playing with the boys. Tree goes up on Wednesday. My daughter and grandson's coming to me Friday instead of me going there. My grandson will decorate my tree while his little brother no doubt will be pulling things off. Lunch here for a change. Then swimming lesson and babysitting.

Well my weight has suddenly moved in the right direction. Lost 3.75 lbs this week . Had to weight myself twice I couldn't believe it. Only 4.25lbs to get to the next stone mark. But knowing my luck even though I have been sticking to my allowance probably put on.

Wish once you lose not matter what you eat that's the default setting. Unfortunately doesn't work that way ?.

We'll have a good week pears.

Whiff Sun 28-Nov-21 11:17:28

Meant to say watched Winter Christmas yesterday. I really wanted to wear the black dress Rosemary Clooney wore in the Carousel club. And Mitz Gaynor's red white Christmas outfit .

Since being on this weight loss journey are there any outfits you have seen you would love to wear?

Dorsetcupcake61 Sun 28-Nov-21 12:38:40

Hi all. Well we seemed to avoid any really damaging winds although very cold down here! I woke up at 6.15 and read for a while and then didnt wake up until 11am,as my daughter said I must have needed it! Just going to relax today as quite busy yesterday as friends came around for a meal.
I'm glad your husband had a better outcome Nankate and that things are slowly improving for you Whiff,well done on the weight loss too.!
Keep on going Fourormore . This diet business is so unpredictable all we can do is our best!
I always admired annie Lennox and her leather coat but at 6 inches shorter and a good few stone heavier I could never pull it off?

Shirleyw Tue 30-Nov-21 05:40:31

Lost the 4 lb I put on the week before strangely enough so happy with that.
Love *white Christmas’,,,,lovely frocks….tiny waists ?. Maybe we should all take up dancing….’the dancing pears ‘?.
Yes, winds died down , fencing still up. Been bitter cold though, I like walking out in the snow and frost well wrapped up, get a nice glow but equally as good to walk into a lovely warm house….British Gas will do well out of us in January, dread to think of the heating bill ?
Have a good week….

Whiff Fri 03-Dec-21 06:32:14

Shirley brilliant weight loss. If we danced like Mitzi Gaynor we would have killer legs never mind the tiny waist.

It was my last exercise class for the year. I did the whole class without using my walking stick. We had fun exercise . Emily made a obstacle course for us. We had to do it partly with an egg and spoon. Plastic but if you dropped the egg it cracked and a plastic egg fell out. Please to say I was the only one not to drop mine. Which is amazing as I have permanent tremors in my hands. Had to concentrate hard thought.

Gave Emily and Maria and a bag for Steph who are our instructors. A scented candle and some hand made soaps I got off Esty as a little Christmas gift. And my fellow exercise buddies a jar of my homemade lemon and orange marmalade. They where surprised . I had planned it a month ago what I wanted to do. I love giving things not that it cost much to make just time. Never been very good receiving them I always worry about what anyone has spent on me.

Got a nice day planned my daughter and boys are coming today. And my grandson is decorating my tree while his brother will no doubt be pulling things off. They are having lunch here today and then babysitting while they go to swimming lesson.

Had a lovely time at craft group yesterday.

Have a good day everyone and wrap up warm it's cold one again ?

NanKate Fri 03-Dec-21 06:48:44

4lbs in a week Shirley brill ?

What a lovely day you have planned Whiff enjoy every minute of it ?

Keep going folks.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion