Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

100% carnivore diet

(108 Posts)
Fleurpepper Wed 26-Jul-23 13:30:24

Just hosted someone (much younger and from different continent so no chance she will read this) - who has adopted 100% no carbs and carnivore diet, + cream and butter.

She has lost half her body weight, as she was morbidly obese and has regained a lot of mobility. But surely this is NOT the wax, for health and environment issues.

Your thoughts?

Casdon Fri 28-Jul-23 10:47:05

Callistemon21

Casdon

It’s Three Steaks Pam.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8y3fbk1qC0

Thank you for the laugh, Casdon
I'd forgotten that!! Alison Steadman is brilliant

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

And who can forget Pamelar and the towels πŸ˜‚

I know, Mick and Pam are comedy perfection!

Norah Fri 28-Jul-23 11:05:54

Callistemon21

^We've a family member who prefers scrambled eggs/cheese, toast/butter, coffee/cream, steak/jackets, fish/chips and Scotch - I reckon that will be all be ending quite soon^

Why? Is he (I'm imagining it's a he!) not well or very overweight?
Is he happy about that?

Sounds a bit like the diet of a centenarian I knew, apart from the whisky. Add in tea with sugar and an occasional Guinness and it describes the diet well!

If he's getting on a bit why rock the boat.
If on medical advice then worth a try.

Callistemon21 Why? Is he (I'm imagining it's a he!) not well or very overweight?
Is he happy about that?

He's marrying a vegan. Very happily looking forward.

At 67 he's quite slim and fit.

Callistemon21 Fri 28-Jul-23 11:17:58

Norah

Callistemon21

We've a family member who prefers scrambled eggs/cheese, toast/butter, coffee/cream, steak/jackets, fish/chips and Scotch - I reckon that will be all be ending quite soon

Why? Is he (I'm imagining it's a he!) not well or very overweight?
Is he happy about that?

Sounds a bit like the diet of a centenarian I knew, apart from the whisky. Add in tea with sugar and an occasional Guinness and it describes the diet well!

If he's getting on a bit why rock the boat.
If on medical advice then worth a try.

Callistemon21 Why? Is he (I'm imagining it's a he!) not well or very overweight?
Is he happy about that?

He's marrying a vegan. Very happily looking forward.

At 67 he's quite slim and fit.

Just because he marries a vegan doesn't mean he has to become one too!
Can he cook? πŸ˜€

I do know vegetarians who cook meat for their families and a vegan who cooks vegetarian food for her children.

Norah Fri 28-Jul-23 11:39:42

Callistemon21 Just because he marries a vegan doesn't mean he has to become one too!
Can he cook?

I do know vegetarians who cook meat for their families and a vegan who cooks vegetarian food for her children.

He's a passable cook, not said he has to become a vegan. I reckon he will change his diet, he loves steak, has been single for a long time - it seems he loves his wife-to-be more than steak. We'll see.

We're vegan, I cook meat frequently, we have family round often. I know cooking for others is as easy as cooking only for us. However, not everyone agrees with cooking multiple meals. Again, we'll see.

I readily admit his diet has been quite healthy, for him. He suffers no poor health attributable to diet - he doesn't over eat either.

Bamm Fri 28-Jul-23 14:40:25

Yes Undines I agree with you.

Summerfly Wed 02-Aug-23 10:04:06

She couldn’t give two hoots πŸ˜ƒ

Potentialeffects Sat 14-Oct-23 09:11:23

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.