Gransnet forums

Education

Learning to Blog--a new 'marathon' challenge

(85 Posts)
GrandmaMiney Mon 05-Nov-12 22:37:37

Sorry, thought I'd started a thread in the Learning forum.
Didn't realise I'd logged on to Pedants' Corner by mistake.

Such fun! smile

jO5 Mon 05-Nov-12 22:02:01

"I just think that 'ageing' is such an exciting time to savour and experience to the full"

?

Ana Mon 05-Nov-12 21:50:59

'Pre-ageing'? Aren't we continually ageing?

jO5 Mon 05-Nov-12 21:20:15

When did 'ageing' and this fantastic experience actually start for you then?

What is so different between now and pre-ageing?

GrandmaMiney Mon 05-Nov-12 21:03:34

Great responses! It's fun reading comments from those who don't know me well enough to realise we are all 'multi-faceted' (as well as multi-taskers)--Maybe I choose to show my serious side on gransnet? Or maybe I'm just a dull and grumpy old woman--who knows....! wink

I just think that 'ageing' is such an exciting time to savour and experience to the full--don't you?! I don't mean the negative side--that gets far too much press. But I find it fascinating to look back and see where apparently unrelated interests and experiences [during my life] have started independently--then work themselves into exactly the experience I needed to do something I really wanted to do. That's the way my career developed.

Who knows, I might decide to blog on Japanese embroidery as I've found a beautiful image on the V&A collections page. It is a Fukusa (gift cover). It has a blue satin weave silk ground with a design of three open fans in gold leaf. It's so beautiful, has an interesting story-- and well worth a look.

This is just one example from the journey I'm on and I never know where it will lead me next.

For me--that is fun! smile

I suspect I was a butterfly in a previous life (just jesting! Or am I?)

Nonu Mon 05-Nov-12 20:39:06

Jo . MONKEY !¬!!!!!!

jO5 Mon 05-Nov-12 20:36:43

I missed out 'thinking about' in there.

Must be the ageing. hmm

jO5 Mon 05-Nov-12 20:36:00

You seem to be always fighting against ageing.

Would you be better thinking off something else? Something more fun?

Ana Mon 05-Nov-12 20:13:39

Good for you, GranmaMiney! Look forward to hearing about it. smile

GrandmaMiney Mon 05-Nov-12 20:08:17

I've decided to take a mini course 'Beginning a Blog'. It starts at London's V&A museum tomorrow. I guess many of you are already blogging, but this is a new challenge for me.

When I started the Walking a Marathon (in a day) topic in the Exercise forum I was amazed by all the good ideas and support I received. So--I thought I'd share my experience of this new challenge, and welcome your comments and ideas.

I'm off for the first day tomorrow, so I'll log in and let you know how it goes. I see on the programme that there is a period set aside for us to explore the museum and take photos, make notes etc. Presumably this is for material to use on our blog.

Eventually I plan to blog on Learning to love the Challenge of Ageing (which I hinted at in the above forum after I completed my walking Marathon in September). Maybe I need to seek out some beautiful images of 'ageing' in the V&A tomorrow. moon

Any other ideas? Please!
I better go and 'google' the V&A catalogue for inspiration. So many beautiful artefacts--but what theme could I choose?

As they say--Watch this Space.....smile