Gransnet forums

Education

A levels results Day!

(33 Posts)
DaphneBroon Thu 18-Aug-16 09:05:10

A big day for teenagers all over the country!
It used to be a case of waiting outside school for those sealed envelopes, but I think most kids get their results on line now.
And DGC and proud grans out there with something to celebrate? Hope so!

grannyactivist Thu 18-Aug-16 23:20:59

Congratulations to all who are celebrating and commiserations to those who are not.

It's funny the way this thread has gravitated to talk of Manchester and Stockport as that's where my thoughts have been all day. I know that my granddaughter will have received her A level results there today, but as I'm estranged from her mum (my daughter) I don't know exactly which school she goes to, just that it's somewhere in the Stockport area (I think). I'm sure she will have done well, but I really would love to have confirmation. She gained the DofE Gold Award earlier this year and is a very hard working conscientious young woman.

I feel very sad today - even though it's been many years since I last saw her I still miss her.

Lynnieg Thu 18-Aug-16 23:32:33

I work at Portsmouth University Merlotgran, your grandson will love it smile

durhamjen Sun 21-Aug-16 00:26:27

Not at the school my granddaughter is working at, as they are only 11-16 year olds.

merlotgran Sun 21-Aug-16 12:49:01

Thanks, Lynnieg. He's thrilled that he got his first choice because his cousin is at Winchester and they are very close so they'll be able to meet up occasionally.

grannyactivist Sun 21-Aug-16 20:56:02

Thanks for PM's - I finally found my granddaughter's results, at least I think I did, although her name is quite common. smile

durhamjen Sun 21-Aug-16 22:39:06

Good, grannyactivist. Nothing like a good bit of online sleuthing.
Hope she did okay.

rafichagran Mon 22-Aug-16 18:12:18

Congratulations to all who got good results, and sorry to the one's who did not get the grades they were expecting.