Gransnet forums

Education

School subjects

(31 Posts)
varian Sat 25-Jul-20 19:27:30

When I was at school ( a very long tjme ago) I loved Maths and Art but disliked Latin and PE

What were your favourite lessons?

BBbevan Sun 26-Jul-20 19:26:41

I loved English, both literature and language. Also biology. Disliked Maths and Physics. I think I was scared of these subjects as I had been ill and had had 6 months off school. I never caught up. Art was my absolute favourite though and I went on attend art school.

EllanVannin Sun 26-Jul-20 19:35:06

All aspects of English--Spelling--Geography---Art---Drama.

annodomini Sun 26-Jul-20 20:21:50

I didn't have the patience to work at Maths, though my father, an excellent mathematician did his best to get it into my head. I was happiest with my head in a book and loved History, French and Classics. I was so glad to give up cookery and needlework after two years. I'd have happily continued with Physics but Science clashed with my preferred subjects.

Greyduster Sun 26-Jul-20 20:58:51

English, lit and lang, was my forte - loved it; maths my nemesis until the scales finally fell from my eyes a few years after I left school! I was good at art and history, enjoyed music (mostly singing), hated domestic science, needlework and games. Struggled somewhat with sciences, and we didn’t do languages. I think I learned more when I left school than I did when I was there.

MissAdventure Sun 26-Jul-20 21:29:10

Every poster liked English, it seems. smile