Gransnet forums

Food

Preparing for Christmas

(80 Posts)
jeni Wed 18-Jul-12 20:55:15

Some people are allready in the swing!
Are you?

Grannyeggs Thu 11-Oct-12 12:13:25

Oh vampirequeen I do admire you! I will start next week. Actually I did buy stamps at the old price but I have no idea where I put them.hmm

vampirequeen Thu 11-Oct-12 13:53:32

What will I do in the next two months? I'll go for walks... I'll relax... I'll chill whilst society starts the panic buying for the midwinter consumer festival. I won't get swept up into the spendfest. I will take my time to do my food preparations. I'll feed the fruitcake with brandy and gradually stock up my food cupboards.

If all goes to plan I'll do my last food shop on the Friday. Then on the Saturday we'll collect our children from their mother. Sunday we're going to to a nearby stately home to see it decorated and visit Santa. Monday (Christmas Eve) we'll take the children to the cinema and before we know it.....yay it's the big day.

glassortwo Thu 11-Oct-12 14:10:45

vampire thats sounds like a perfect plan, I now just need to action it grin

Deedaa Sat 13-Oct-12 15:33:36

I've got 3 birthdays to go before Christmas and one straight after and another grandchild due on Boxing Day so Christmas tends to be a bit of an afterthought! Had a note from the post office this week saying that if we're on benefits we can buy stamps at the old price so I must find the paperwork before I forget!