Gransnet forums

Food

What's for tea tonight?

(98 Posts)
petitpois Fri 29-Apr-16 16:33:15

Someone inspire me or I'm going to be having an omelette for the 3rd night running...

kittylester Sat 30-Apr-16 07:27:44

Ana, we ate in the garden room which had very realistic plastic trees with loads of foliage hanging over the table ( they apparently cost £6,000 per tree and there were probably 25) there was astroturf on the floor and very few windows. And, I suspect they didn't possess any plates just slabs of wood and big tray things. Naturally, it wasn't cheap either. #emperor'snewclothes

We wished we'd gone to the tearooms at the farm!sad

f77ms Sat 30-Apr-16 07:56:53

Char sui pork , stir fry veg and basmati rice . I buy the marinade from China town in Manchester , tastes very authentic and also 1/4 of the price paid in Supermarkets . Tonight will be half a ribeye steak (whole one too much) with a few homemade oven chips and any veg I can find in the fridge . I tend to eat one decent meal a day . Porridge for breakfast everyday and something like cheese on toast or a fish finger on bread around midday . I have been considering a take away for a few weeks now ! but can`t seem to talk myself into it , it just seems so indulgent at £17ish for 2 people .

absent Sat 30-Apr-16 08:06:07

The pasta is boiling vigorously, as pasta always should, and the sauce (home-made but from the freezer) is simmering gently. It's been a long, hard week and an easy supper is just what we need. Mr absent has laid the table and I have a glass of wine. smile

Teetime Sat 30-Apr-16 09:51:30

Trout tonight- plainly grilled with salad.

Badenkate Sat 30-Apr-16 13:12:32

Tonght we're having sausages from the local farm shop and chips, but cooked in the actifry so that's not too bad! For lunch it's homemade red pepper soup with homemade bread so I don't feel too guilty.

ginny Sat 30-Apr-16 17:35:54

Grilled salmon, new potatoes, asparagus and baby corn for us tonight.

kittylester Sat 30-Apr-16 18:06:15

Chili chicken wings with dips and homemade garlic oven chips on our knees in front of rhe tv. Think I'd better stop eating chips now. blush

lindanneil123 Sat 28-May-16 17:08:28

At the moment I can eat anything with Albert Bartlett frozen chips they taste like home made lovely

Charleygirl Sat 28-May-16 17:21:15

Tonight it will be chicken casserole, kale, sweetcorn, tomatoes, mushrooms and asparagus. I have not decided yet whether I will have potatoes. Wine is also an option.

tanith Sat 28-May-16 17:32:18

I'm having pizza with salad and OH is having an easy one toad in the hole from the freezer with new potatoes, we often have different meals. A nice glass of fizzy water as usual.
I must say everyone eats very healthily.

thatbags Sat 28-May-16 17:32:57

Two soft white bridge rolls split and buttered, salt beef and lamb's lettuce sandwiched in, mug of tea. Had that for lunch too. MrBags is away. Not cooking.

wot Sat 28-May-16 17:57:57

We had home made risotto and then choc lollies!

granjura Sat 28-May-16 18:24:39

ahhhh language- for a minute I wondered I had a picture of both of you on your knees in front of the telly ;)

We had pot roast chicken and veg at lunchtime- so left-over home-made burgers in a sandwich, followed by yogurt, tonight.

wot Sat 28-May-16 19:00:56

Was meinst du meine freunde?

harrigran Sun 29-May-16 11:59:19

Your meals always sound lovely. Last night DH cooked Aberdeen Angus beef and we had it with Jersey royals, carrot and swede mash and Yorkshire puddings oh and lashings of thick onion gravy.

Charleygirl Sun 29-May-16 12:03:55

Mine will be the same again tonight. I had made 4 portions, last night, tonight and the other 2 portions were frozen when I cannot be bothered to cook. I had 2 glasses of crisp, dry white wine so the same again tonight and tomorrow.

wot Sun 29-May-16 12:33:44

Harrigran.....sounds delicious!

wot Sun 29-May-16 14:01:14

I'm either going to have left over risotto (Yuck) or a ready meal as I get cheesed off who cooking EVERY day! Tomorrow I'm making a pork stirfry. It's naughty of me but I never fancy leftovers from the night before. Unfortunately, neither does my Sophie dog.....she's more fussy than me!

rosesarered Sun 29-May-16 14:21:29

Roast chicken ( leftover from Sat) with Med.veg roasted, and a baked potato with butter and grated cheese in it.
Apple pie and cream.

hildajenniJ Sun 29-May-16 14:22:47

I'll be having left over pork tenderloin with sage and onion stuffing and cranberry sauce in a nice fresh bread roll for my tea. We had the hot version for lunch with carrots, cabbage, mash and gravy.

wot Sun 29-May-16 14:35:42

Ohhh! I'm so hungry after reading about your lovely meals! I don't like my cooking much.?

Greyduster Sun 29-May-16 15:32:44

Have a small gammon joint in the slow cooker just about ready to serve with braised celery, carrots and jersey royals (which incidentally seem to have just as little flavour this year as they did last. Norfolks are much better). Just the two of us for tea tonight. No pudding.

Christinefrance Sun 29-May-16 17:11:01

Ooooh all sounds so delicious. I'm having a diet day so salad, no wine or pudding. Think I'll just read your posts again to remind me what I'm missing

rubylady Sun 29-May-16 22:58:02

I've had steak last two nights due to anemia so tonight I put cabbage, bacon, sun-dried tomatoes and cream in a dish and oven baked it. Salt and pepper, butter and yummy. Tomorrow, cabbage and bacon soup. The tomatoes were a bit strong but might be ok blended in a soup. smile

Auntieflo Mon 30-May-16 08:10:20

Ours will be whatever the airline serves up. It's the last day of our holiday and we are off back home. sad