Gransnet forums

Food

Online food shopping , your ordering mistakes!

(55 Posts)
Menopaws Tue 28-Feb-17 04:57:15

Instead of one bag of sprouts, I got one single sprout! The label was bigger than the sprout. Goodness knows what the packer thought. Also 16 tins of baked beans when I meant 4 but ticked 4 x 4 instead.
All my own fault , did it in a hurry.
What classic mistakes have you made?

SueDoku Wed 01-Mar-17 17:02:23

Ocado are wonderful. I start to assemble my order about 3 weeks before I need it (you can go back and edit the order at any time) to take advantage of special offers - any item that you order when it's on offer comes at that price even if the offer has ended by the delivery date grin
There are very few substitutions, and those are usually for something better (last Christmas I ordered 4 books of second class stamps, and they were substituted for 4 books of first class instead - and they were large books, with 12 stamps in each..!) smile

Willow500 Thu 02-Mar-17 10:40:22

I've shopped with Ocado before and been impressed with their service. I've also done a shop online with Morrissons which was ok but as I don't get out much we prefer to go to the supermarket every week to get the weekly shop. I've just remembered I ordered chest of drawers on line last year which was delivered at 7am the next day by two very nice delivery men. We'd got to the last drawer assembly only to find the drawer sides were duplicated so we couldn't finish it. I rang the company and they agreed to put the missing piece in the post - a week later nothing had arrived so I rang again. At 7am the next morning it arrived - complete with another set of drawers!

Lewlew Thu 02-Mar-17 13:29:20

SueDoku I agree. And you have have the choice of Ocado brand or Waitrose brand. I saved a huge amt and my dodgy back shopping with them for Christmas. I find more offers now with them that compete with Sains/Tesco/Morrisons on non-store brand name stuff, such as when Pizza Express pizzas go on offer, it's the same or better deal. Waitrose Essential is better than Sains Basic by a longshot.

callgirl1 Sat 06-May-17 00:41:12

I shopped online with Asda for several years, but then they let me down at Christmas, so I changed to Tesco. I like them, but their computer does tend to add on extra above what I order, I have to check very carefully, but still miss some mistakes. One time, the delivery man said "do you like swiss rolls?" I said yes, he said "I thought you must, having ordered 26 of them!" H took the other 25 back though. Another time, I ordered a bunch of 5 bananas, and just in time spotted that it had put me down for 99 bunches!