Gransnet forums

Food

What is your worst healthy eating " crime"?

(90 Posts)
Daddima Sun 30-Jul-17 17:37:50

Now, I have no guilt about my " crimes", but mine could possibly be salt. Or Lurpak. Or sugar. Or fat on meat. Or.....

Oh dear, there's not much hope for me!

ninathenana Sun 30-Jul-17 17:43:54

I don't use any of those. Fat on meat makes me gag.
I suppose mine is eating supper. The health police say don't eat after a certain time. My excuse, I have to take my drugs with food grin

Nanabilly Sun 30-Jul-17 18:59:47

Butter and thickly spread.
Nice jam or marmalade . Farm shop type not general supermarket ones or better still ..home made.
Egg custard tarts.

whitewave Sun 30-Jul-17 19:02:01

I've just eaten 2 pieces of toast with butter and strawberry jam smile

Alima Sun 30-Jul-17 19:05:17

Chocolate and peanuts. Not chocolate covered peanuts though. Never have butter or spreads, just like a layer of grease to me. DH's crime would be custard tarts too Nanabilly, he loves them.

Maggiemaybe Sun 30-Jul-17 19:13:10

I've a lot, but the worst is probably cheese, lots of it. I've just had cheese on toast with huge hunks of Double Gloucester, mature Cheddar and halloumi that needed eating, on top of thick butter. With plum and apple chutney. It was absolutely delicious. smile

Nelliemoser Sun 30-Jul-17 19:16:05

A private stash of Aldi's Moser Roth Sour cherry dark chocolate.

Greyduster Sun 30-Jul-17 19:29:01

Crisps. I have had to stop buying them even for when GS comes over as I can't keep my hands off them if they are in the house.

Imperfect27 Sun 30-Jul-17 19:30:13

Aldi's Madagascan Vanilla chocolate for me - better than Lindt - and creamy blue stilton - and ...

Gagagran Sun 30-Jul-17 19:37:31

Marmite crisps and peanut brittle and American gums and any sweets really. I put it down to being a deprived child when my older siblings used to pinch the sweet ration from me!

Cherrytree59 Sun 30-Jul-17 19:38:14

Fruit any variety
Love it all can't pass the fruit bowls (have several)
The soft fruit beckons every time I go to the fridge.
In desperation I have run frozen fruit under the tap to thaw it out.
I can't leave the house without a banana or an apple.blush

phoenix Sun 30-Jul-17 19:39:02

I was talking to a woman in Lidl, we were saying how good their meat was, I showed her the gorgeous, beautifully marbled, rib eye steaks that I had in my trolley. She visibly recoiled, and said "but what do you do with the fat?"

Erm, eat it...blush

joannapiano Sun 30-Jul-17 19:44:08

I posted on an earlier thread about my love of raw carrots, so much so that my hands went orange. Have got over that, but now I am obsessed with popcorn. Try to limit myself to the small individual packets. I have a lot of allergies so it's the only snack I have, plus the one I buy is gluten free.

phoenix Sun 30-Jul-17 20:02:05

I currently have a serious grape habit, white seedless for preference . In an effort to try to keep it under control, I have a small (ish) tub that I use to take a restricted amount to work with me.

rosesarered Sun 30-Jul-17 20:40:42

Fruit, grapes, raw carrots! These are not guilt inducing foods.?

?Let me see now, salt ( love it...not supposed to eat it) butter, cream, cake.

Don't eat sweets, but puddings, well, only allowed one a week on Sunday ( to keep the pud habit at bay.)

Jalima1108 Sun 30-Jul-17 20:57:55

I ate two today
(puddings that is, well we were out and I couldn't choose, there were several others there too but we were in polite company).

Grapes tomorrow grin

FarNorth Sun 30-Jul-17 21:04:56

Fry's chocolate cream.
Did you know Tesco has packs of 3 for £1. That's only 33.3p each!

LadyGracie Sun 30-Jul-17 21:17:30

Marmite crisps

Tegan2 Sun 30-Jul-17 22:26:45

Jacobs cream crackers with Clover spread. I wish I hadn't discovered Clover as it's so butterly. Thankfully I've just finished off the last of both so I'll be ok for a while.

Cherrytree59 Sun 30-Jul-17 22:27:36

Farnorth I love Fry's cream chocolate sandwiches blush

Nana3 Sun 30-Jul-17 23:19:24

I like an ice-cream sandwhich made with a brioche, an easy pudding for Sunday lunch, DGC love it. Serve with fruit if you must.

annodomini Mon 31-Jul-17 00:00:24

Vegetable crisps. I tell myself that they contribute to my 5-a-day.
At the moment, peaches. Aldi are selling the 'doughnut' kind at a very reasonable price.

Penstemmon Mon 31-Jul-17 00:07:45

Oh just eat what you enjoy..savour it, eat it "mindfully" but don't overdose on it. Somethings going to kill you!!

seacliff Mon 31-Jul-17 06:20:23

Marmite crisps for me too, a serious addiction

seacliff Mon 31-Jul-17 06:21:12

I thought butter was good for you again... In moderation?