Gransnet forums

Food

What’s for Lunch?

(53 Posts)
jackfowler Fri 05-Jul-19 08:50:21

What we eat for lunch should be balanced with what we had for breakfast and what we are likely to have for dinner, and don't forget the snacks in between.

And today should be balanced against yesterday and tomorrow in terms of what we ate or will eat.

And what we ate the past week should affect our choices for next week.

Good eating is not a specific science, nor is it a crap shoot.
It is, rather, a life style (or should be) in which we consider nutrition, enjoyment, smell, taste, appearance, quality vs quantity and several other factors in a balance that supports optimum health, both physically and emotionally.

What do you Lunch on?

GabriellaG54 Wed 10-Jul-19 21:21:37

This morning ( Wed 10th) I had 1/3 large tub Waitrose full fat Greek yogurt with a cupful of lizi's protein granola, a large handful of raspberries and a small sliced banana.
Lunch/dinner (I only eat twice a day) was a 3 egg Spanish omelette with Burford Brown eggs, 100g spinach, 1 flamed red pepper (peeled and in strips) 2 Chantarelle mushrooms (sliced) 1/2cup shredded mozzarella and strong cheddar and 1/2 cup garden peas.
Tap water to drink throughout day plus 1pt milk.

paddyann Wed 10-Jul-19 22:19:42

I have my breakfast around 12 -1pm ,so its porridge with banana and prunes today ,itwas porridge with apple and strawberries yesterday and it will be porridge and whatever fruit I fancy tomorrow.No lunch ,dinner around 6pm .Mainly veg with fish OR the odd bit of lamb or liver .I'm as fit as a flea so it suits me fine thanks .What is the OP having ?