Gransnet forums

Food

chicken recipes

(36 Posts)
Bijou Mon 26-Aug-19 10:03:25

Wrap boneless skinless chicken thighs round herby stuffing and wrap with streaky bacon rashers. Bake in oven.

H1954 Mon 26-Aug-19 09:35:51

Some really delicious, inspiring recipes, thanks GN members.
Here's mine, simple but quick and tasty:-
Use mini filets or just cut down the larger breast portions, cover all over with Cajun spice and allow to marinate for a few hours. Cook in the oven ( I normally batch cook these for economy ) and eat hot with rice etc or cold with salad. These make a fabulous picnic dish! I guess it would work with thighs but they would need skinning and cooking longer - I'm not a fan of chicken thighs though.

absthame Mon 26-Aug-19 09:23:40

Of all of the various meats, chicken to my mind, is best confined to the dustbin.

reelashosser Mon 26-Aug-19 09:21:41

A sort of chicken and chorizo paella, stuffed with peppers and cherry tomatoes, lots of paprika. And there's always leftovers, which is a great bonus.

Spatchcocked peri peri chicken.

A whole chicken with a curry/yoghourt paste rubbed in. Wrap in cling film and leave in fridge overnight, then unwrap and roast. The roast potatoes are first parboiled in water with turmeric, then sprinkled with cumin seeds in the roasting tin. Yummy.

jusnoneed Mon 26-Aug-19 08:44:46

That sounds lovely paddyann
We eat a lot of chicken, any curry being one of favourites. Another is pan fry some chicken breasts, remove and keep warm and use same pan to make a sauce using fine chopped onion, chopped garlic - soften then add good handful of sliced mushrooms. Add some chicken stock (can add wine too) and reduce. Put in good amount of spinach allow to wilt and then add some cream to finish sauce.

Beechnut Mon 26-Aug-19 06:44:59

I never seem to know what to do these days for myself so as these ideas sound nice I’m going to give them a go. Thanks grans. ?

BradfordLass72 Mon 26-Aug-19 01:44:29

Slice a chicken breast almost through. Spread a little cream cheese on the bottom half. The you have a choice of what to add: apricots, tomatoes, garlic, onions, chilli - whatever you prefer.

When that's done, fold the top over and wrap the whole chicken breast in smoked bacon rashers. Wrap in foil and bake.

paddyann Sun 25-Aug-19 19:32:08

pan fry chicken and finely chopped onion add cider ,apple slices and cream with an added egg yolk .Granny used to call this devonshire chicken and its a family favourite ,The egg yolk in the cream thickens it to make a good sauce

SisterAct Sun 25-Aug-19 18:40:40

Chicken pieces stuffed with onions, pancetta, spinach and mascarpone cheese

kittylester Sun 25-Aug-19 18:38:43

I am about to prepare chicken with tomatoes and rosemary!

We love paprika chicken, teriyaki chicken, roast chicken, chicken pot roast, chicken marsala, creamy chicken casserole, creamy chicken curry, chicken and tomato curry, flambe'd chicken, butter chicken - I could go on!

Fennel Sun 25-Aug-19 18:30:43

Following Carillion's post. I'd like to see your favourite chicken recipes.
Chicken must be the most popular meat in the UK.
BTW I don't want to get into the arguments about animal rights re chickens.
Except one thing, I would never buy capons.