Gransnet forums

Food

Revolting breakfasts

(86 Posts)
Teetime Thu 28-May-20 10:09:27

I have just watched DH toast a fruited teacake and spread one side with marmite and one with honey. I thought it was bad enough on his avocado squashed up with Worcester sauce days.
Anyone else watching a revolting breakfast?

bridie54 Fri 29-May-20 20:29:31

00mam00 I was surprised to hear of Mongolian breakfast here. My poor son ,who lives in NZ but works in S Mongolia, is locked in there for the foreseeable future. He hates mutton (as do I) and can’t escape it for the time being. The fishy breakfast would turn my stomach. Give me a fruit and cereal start to the day anytime.

tidyskatemum Fri 29-May-20 21:50:00

DS has always loved cold pizza for breakfast. As for me I cannot STAND eggs in any shape or form - well, they are OK in a cake! - but anything eggy, even the smell, makes me retch. I have never fried an egg in my life and do not intend to start. Give me the breakfast trifle any day!

Lollin Fri 29-May-20 21:54:30

Finally, JanT8 someone who knows how to appreciate avocado! grin

Callistemon Fri 29-May-20 22:13:09

JanT good with a savoury bacon and egg breakfast too!

boho43 Fri 29-May-20 22:24:43

I too Patticake123 have marmalade on fried bread with bacon. Delish!

grannybuy Sat 30-May-20 00:10:00

My SIL introduced me to orange juice on muesli. I found that ' soggy by orange juice ' was better than ' soggy by milk'. Now I wouldn't have it any other way.

Alishka Mon 01-Jun-20 13:22:27

Another avo lover heregrin I have a net of them being delivered with my shopping tonight but I expect they won't be perfectly ripe, so I've also ordered 2 ripe-to-eat ones too...
And cold pizza or leftover curry for breakfast? Nothing wrong there!

harryyti Fri 05-Jun-20 04:55:46

I go for some pancakes or a veg salad

BBbevan Fri 05-Jun-20 05:27:56

My sister often ate cold cawl ( lamb stew) for breakfast, and I knew someone who had fried Christmas cake and bacon . DH just loves fried Spam and egg. I stick to blueberries and yogurt

Teetime Mon 08-Jun-20 09:43:45

Today DH had a squashed avocado on a toasted fruited tea cake Bleughhhhh.