Gransnet forums

Food

What's everyone having for dinner?

(1001 Posts)
PinkCakes Mon 08-Jun-20 18:23:35

What are you all having to eat tonight? I cook every evening and have been getting bored with the usual meals. Tonight, I've made a Chicken Jambalaya - it's a Hello Fresh recipe I had ages ago, but I bought all the ingredients and have adapted it a bit.

I've made a carrot cake for afters.... with cream grin

Trisha57 Sun 24-Jan-21 18:34:02

Campfire stew from the Pinch of Nom Everyday recipe book. Which consists of gammon, carrots, mushrooms, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, tomatoes (tinned), baked beans, kidney beans, peppers, Worcester sauce, hot sauce, chilli flakes onions and garlic all thrown into a casserole and slow-cooked in the oven. First time I've tried it - watch this space!

Callistemon Sun 24-Jan-21 18:35:42

We also have greens from the garden - some sprouting broccoli didn't grow very well so I'm steaming the leaves but it's very strong (well, it was raw).

Whitewavemark2 Sun 24-Jan-21 18:37:21

Roast lamb, potatoes parsnips sprout and carrot.

Today we had a pudding as it is so cold so to cheer us up I made an apple sponge pudding with mincemeat bottom and custard.

Witzend Tue 26-Jan-21 09:35:02

Last night I made my ‘signature’ ? ‘dustbin’ soup, only a curried version. 8 different veg plus red lentils and the tail end of a packet of fancy rice.
Was v nice, will def. be making that again.

Small baked gammon joint tonight, with mashed potato, parsley sauce and probably sprouts, since dh loves them.

Witzend Tue 26-Jan-21 09:39:18

Ooh, Whitewavemark2, you’ve reminded me that I have some mincemeat to use up. And plenty of apples. Dh might just be getting a pud tonight - fairly rare in this house unless anyone else is coming, so even rarer lately.

Witzend Tue 26-Jan-21 09:41:17

Just remembered, I have some leftover crumble mix in the freezer, so it’ll probably be a crumble, instead.

Beauregard Tue 26-Jan-21 09:43:08

Todays new recipe is Teriyaki Chicken from Pinch of Nom. Haven't tried it before but the ingredients sound good to us so we'll give it a go.

EllanVannin Tue 26-Jan-21 09:47:44

No cooking---M&S Lasagne, straight in the oven. Eve's pudding and custard.

ninathenana Tue 26-Jan-21 10:00:39

Chinese take away........well it is my birthday ?

Jaxjacky Tue 26-Jan-21 10:51:51

ninathenana Happy Birthday, enjoy your Chinese. We’re having Cottage Pie, carrots and greens.

nanna8 Tue 26-Jan-21 10:58:29

We had an Australia Day lunch with some of the fam today. I did a butterflied pork in the oven and we had some sausages on the BBQ, garlic bread and a mango and pine nut salad which one of my daughters brought. Then we had a few chocolate muffins . For evening meal - leftovers !

Valels Tue 26-Jan-21 11:25:20

Love this thread, I don't have to think about dinners, just read this for inspiration!
Thanks jaxjacky and witzend for tonight's meal !

Callistemon Tue 26-Jan-21 11:29:11

Oops, thanks for the reminder, nanna8!

Callistemon Tue 26-Jan-21 11:30:48

I haven't decided yet but perhaps I'll make a mango chicken curry

Greyduster Tue 26-Jan-21 11:46:06

Himself has requested a rump steak sandwich with mushrooms and salad (well he didn’t request the salad, but he’s getting it anyway!).

Greyduster Tue 26-Jan-21 11:47:44

Happy Birthday, Nina??. Hope you enjoy the Chinese takeaway. Ages since I had one!

ginny Tue 26-Jan-21 12:07:10

Last night was Hacienda pie.
Tonight will be roast chicken, roast potatoes and parsnips, Proust and yorkshire.

Bodach Tue 26-Jan-21 12:09:54

Some left-over Haggis from yesterday's dinner.
Salivating as I type.....

Riverwalk Tue 26-Jan-21 12:10:33

Lunch will be saffron fish stew which I batch-cooked yesterday - not sure about dinner but spoilt for choice as just had an Ocado delivery smile

merlotgran Tue 26-Jan-21 12:23:57

Tonight will be honey and mustard glazed salmon with steamed veg.

Puzzler61 Tue 26-Jan-21 12:30:37

We will have remains of a chicken made into stew with root vegetables, mash and dumplings.

nanna8 Tue 26-Jan-21 12:47:16

Saffron fish stew sounds good,so does honey and mustard glazed salmon. I bet the salmon is lovely there, too. I remember getting salmon from Waitrose a long time ago. It has a nicer flavour than ours. So do your raspberries and strawberries. Most of ours are tasteless unless farm picked. Tomorrow I’m off to get some fish now !

Bellanonna Tue 26-Jan-21 12:47:16

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NINA!

Puzzler61 Tue 26-Jan-21 12:51:42

Oops missed that in nina ‘s post!
Happy Birthday ninathenana. ? ? ? ?
Enjoy the day and your Chinese meal later.

Callistemon Tue 26-Jan-21 12:55:44

Happy birthday nina Enjoy your Chinese takeaway ??

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion