Gransnet forums

Food

Snacking

(62 Posts)
kittylester Fri 19-Jun-20 17:45:35

Apparently, people are snacking a lot during lockdown.

It's not something we have ever done - think how wide I'd be if we did - so we don't have snacky stuff in. We have fruit on the kitchen table, crisps which are occasionally (though rarely) eaten at lunch time and some chocolate as a sweet treat sometimes in the evening.

Do you snack and, if you do, what do you snack on?

MissAdventure Sat 20-Jun-20 21:36:38

I never forget to eat, either.
The first thing we did when we had horrific news was went to Morrisons and had lunch.

4allweknow Sat 20-Jun-20 21:58:00

Can't have salted nuts in the house as would scoff the lot in a oner. Always have a non chocolate type biscuit with a cuppa in the afternoon eg rich tea/abernethy. One square of dark chocolate 70% in the evening. Fruit as part of lunch. Crisps are a very rare treat. Lost 10lbs during lockdown totally unplanned.

lemongrove Sat 20-Jun-20 22:27:20

sodapop?.....go on, pop a crumpet in the toaster right now......you know you want one.
As Oscar Wilde said ‘I can resist anything except temptation’.

Sawsage2 Sat 20-Jun-20 23:11:56

Cadbury flake or malt loaf with lots of butter. Weighed 10 stone 2 years ago, still same. 5ft 7.;

SynchroSwimmer Sun 21-Jun-20 00:40:32

Sliced pear or apple with peanut butter - in lieu of a missed meal when I’m starving.

Frozen sliced banana - straight from the freezer in pre-prepared sandwich boxes

Aldi frozen mango chunks - direct from the freezer

f77ms Sun 21-Jun-20 09:32:15

I have put 4 lbs on in the last 3 months so really trying not to snack. I think it is more to do with inactivity than food! If i was to snack it would be chocolate but fortunately i can't eat too much because i had my gall bladder removed last year and i get 'symptoms' blush with too much fatty food!

rjack Sun 21-Jun-20 09:41:03

Only a piece of cake in the afternoon. weight tends to go up without exercise.

Puzzler61 Sun 21-Jun-20 09:45:12

Since lockdown we’ve started the habit of a slice of cake with our mid afternoon cuppa. Usually fruit cake or lemon cake.
I like cheese straws and often buy a box. It will last about 3 days, and I also buy a bag of giant chocolate buttons (gone in one go).
Before a spicy evening meal we’ll have poppadums with mango chutney, or tortilla crisps with garlic+ herb dip. I suppose these count as snacks.
I only open a packet of biscuits if visitors are here and of course that hasn’t happened lately.

Puzzler61 Sun 21-Jun-20 09:45:58

Forgot to say my weight is about 2-3 lbs up on the usual.

Alishka Mon 22-Jun-20 14:12:59

Did someone mention Borders biscuits? I used to buy their ginger ones - to die for!
Usually, tho, I'm Savoury all the way - Bombay/Gujarati Mix, olives/stuffed olives are on my regular lockdown listsmile
Not fond usually of sweet things - or chocolate blush

Akom Thu 02-Jul-20 16:04:22

Anyone intersted in learning an amazing latest way to make pancakes?, then don't hesitate to check this out on this link: shrinkme.io/P3SDD