Gransnet forums

Food

Recipe for Tournedos Rossini anyone please

(34 Posts)
kittylester Wed 05-Aug-20 13:03:22

DH is 75 on Friday and has expressed a wish to have Tournedos Rossini for dinner.

Because I spoil him, I have been looking a recipes and noe seem to be as I remember it.

Has anyone got a good recipe - please.

MiniMoon Wed 05-Aug-20 20:30:05

I'm a great fan of great british chefs. Ive made lots of re opex from their site. Its usually the first one I look at when planning a new recipe.

MiniMoon Wed 05-Aug-20 20:30:48

what is re opex? I'm sure I wrote recipes!

Chewbacca Wed 05-Aug-20 20:45:28

Oh, I've just remembered dessert trolleys!!!!

Now there's a blast from the past! Eyeing it up as it was pushed past you onto other diners and hoping that the Black Forest Gateau would still be there when you'd finished your Tournedos Rosini. And that dithering and deciding as to what to have and wondering if you could ask for a little bit of each!

kittylester Sat 08-Aug-20 10:58:25

geekesse

The tournedos cut is the thinner end of the fillet.

I buy the thin end of the fillet and use it in stir fries or for strogannof!

paddyanne Sat 08-Aug-20 11:06:35

I miss decent cheese boards ,most places now just give a selection of cheese on your plate ,often the ones I dont like with fruit through it or ones that have been what my husband calls tampered with .I much preferred a large board rolled over to the table and being able to choose which cheese (s) I wanted from that ...and at the right temperature.Cant understand why some serve cheese straight out of a chiller

paddyanne Sat 08-Aug-20 11:08:44

Kittylester I use a recipe for Stroganoff from an old book written by monks.It uses stewing beef and takes a while unlike the fillet based one.The flavour is fab though and much preferred by family

Nortsat Sat 08-Aug-20 17:24:38

Desert trollies - when we were young and were eating out, my mother always asked for ‘a bit of each’ dish.???

kittylester Sun 09-Aug-20 08:35:30

Well, dh loved his Tournedos Rossini and hopes to have it again. I remembered why I usually had a plain steak - the pate was just a step too far for me.

I used minimoon's recipe (with bought stock - life is definitely too short to make stock!) and the sauce was delicious.

So thank you.