Gransnet forums

Food

Dishes for everyday... of the edible kind.

(35 Posts)
Ninarosa Sun 09-Aug-20 14:40:09

In response to the many Gransnetters( ok, the three of you), who, on opening the everyday dishes thread, excitedly expected to find yummy, easy-fix recipes.
Any people reading this who have that marvellous gift of putting together food stuffs in a non-faff manner and coming up with a tasty , nontoxic too, meal? I'm sorry, I'll say that again, tasty, not too taxing meal ? Of course the auto correct non toxic would be great too !

Ninarosa Mon 10-Aug-20 16:45:55

I call this my cheat's omelette, I make it when I'm too tired to do anything much else than eat.
Crack two eggs onto the plate you will be eating off. Slice or grate a good handful of your favourite cheese, I like Applewood. Break eggs and mix into cheese. Pop into microwave for about two minutes, then fold the mixture into a semi circle, no need to be too precise. Whack plate under a hot grill for three minutes until browned.
Only problem is you now have a very hot plate to eat off! . It's nice with humble baked beans.

Fennel Mon 10-Aug-20 18:02:53

I like that Ninarosa (smile)
Reminds me of another good standby - 'spanish' omelette -
Fry up in a little veg. oil leftover potatoes and other veg.
Pour over forked up eggs + s&p and fry gently until set.
Sprinkle with grated cheese and brown off under the grill.
Very filling.

BBbevan Mon 10-Aug-20 19:39:14

Easy pancakes

1 banana.
Tblsp of peanut butter
2eggs
Mix together to make a batter.
Fry in dollops.

Lovely with berries and maple syrup for breakfast

Ninarosa Mon 10-Aug-20 19:58:29

BBbevan, guess what nine month old granddaughter and I are having for our regular Friday at Grandma's brekkie ? Thankyou!

BBbevan Tue 11-Aug-20 10:45:11

Ninarosa. They are low carb too. So good all round. My DH and GDs love them

shysal Tue 11-Aug-20 11:19:44

Make up and cook a packet of Batchelors Pasta'n'Sauce (I like the cheese and broccoli one) with double the quantity of liquid. Place in greased baking/serving dish and cover with a mix of panko breadcrumbs and grated cheese. Dot with butter and bake for 20 minutes at 200C.
Makes a tasty easy peasy dish.

Patsy70 Sat 15-Aug-20 18:43:09

My dinner tonight is faff free! OH is cooking mushroom risotto! smile

farview Thu 27-Aug-20 19:43:28

jusnoneed..weve just had the eggs in cheese sauce,with french beans and roasted potatoes, garlic,rosemary, red onions and red and yellow tomatoes...it was yummy...definitely one we will have again?

gulligranny Thu 27-Aug-20 19:50:48

One of or favourites is twice-cooked jackets; bake jacket potatoes until soft, then halve, scoop out the flesh and mix with a good dollop of Garlic & Herb soft cheese, plenty of grated Cheddar cheese and some softly-fried sliced leeks. Pile back into the potato skins and put under a hot grill until nicely browned. We have this with a big mixed salad and a nice glass of Argentinian Malbec ....