Gransnet forums

Food

Who shops for groceries on line and do you enjoy it.

(107 Posts)
multicolourswapshop Tue 30-Nov-21 08:41:06

I shop occasionally on line for Sainsbury’s food and usually get a good delivery time and date. Unfortunately I’m always having to amend the list however they’re so good at changing my shopping list in good time, I find great pleasure in this type of shopping especially as I’m unable to get out and about as necessary.

I find I’ve to reign in my eagerness because I could shop until I drop.

JackyB Sun 05-Dec-21 10:10:46

As I said above, we don't have the option of having food delivered here, but the question was also do we enjoy it. I can only say that I do enjoy my weekly shop. It only takes me an hour a week and it's the only time I get out of the house. In our small town, the supermarkets aren't full, and less so if I go during the day which, as a retired person, I obviously do.

I like to browse a little, but I rarely buy anything that's not on the list.

I don't really enjoy "high street shopping". I haven't done anything like that since the beginning of the pandemic. It is practically a day's outing, as all larger towns are at least 30 km away. So the thought of sitting in a café or a restaurant to take a break, with a coat on and loads of shopping bags round my feet, just doesn't appeal.

Millie22 Sun 05-Dec-21 10:41:15

I agree about the difficulty getting delivery slots when the first lockdown happened. After quite a few years of shopping online it was almost impossible to get one after being a loyal customer. I was having to look at 5 in the morning just to get a slot. Then they started ringing to say they hadn't got any drivers and could we collect the shopping. It used to be a really good service but loyalty often counts for nothing.

Caleo Sun 05-Dec-21 12:27:29

I do all the time. One unexpected pleasure is the quality service from the van drivers who are markedly kind and helpful .

V3ra Sun 05-Dec-21 20:12:15

Rowsie there was a general shortage of bottled water in recent months. The one we prefer often wasn't available.
As far as I know our Tesco deliveries are prepared at the nearest superstore, so if a product is unavailable to me online it's because it's out of stock instore as well.

M0nica Sun 05-Dec-21 20:58:59

There has been a general shortage of all soft drinks, water, lemonade, fruit juice, squash - and not just Tesco.

I have had problems getting the non-refrigerated fruit juice, as well as fizzy water and noticed a lot of empty shelves in the soft drink sections.

M0nica Sun 05-Dec-21 20:58:59

There has been a general shortage of all soft drinks, water, lemonade, fruit juice, squash - and not just Tesco.

I have had problems getting the non-refrigerated fruit juice, as well as fizzy water and noticed a lot of empty shelves in the soft drink sections.