Gransnet forums

Food

What's for dinner today?

(1001 Posts)
HowVeryDareYou2 Fri 03-Mar-23 18:14:04

I've just cooked cheesy-breadcrumbed Basa, with sweet potatoes and oven-roasted Mediterranean vegetables. (It's a Gousto recipe I had ages ago) Gorgeous.

DanniRae Thu 06-Apr-23 13:10:55

Nannylovesshopping

I’ve succumbed, it’s egg, chips and baked beans, with white doorstep buttered, can’t wait for dinner tonight, might have to have it early😳🤣

That's exactly what I had last night!

Whitewavemark2 Thu 06-Apr-23 14:04:16

I was supposed to have a salmon dish, but just realised that I haven’t got all the ingredients until the veg are delivered overnight.

So might have double egg and chips with ketchup.

MrsKen33 Thu 06-Apr-23 18:27:20

Made paella tonight . We haven’t had it for ages. Then discovered it was a question this evening on Pointless. ….spooky

Witzend Fri 07-Apr-23 08:27:49

Probably trad roast half leg of lamb with lots of roast potatoes, petits pois, carrots, proper gravy, and mint sauce. A dd will bring pud, don’t know what though.

HowVeryDareYou2 Fri 07-Apr-23 10:20:40

Chicken and sweet potato curry, at son's house last night

Grannmarie Fri 07-Apr-23 10:31:03

Smoked haddock, jacket potato, cauliflower and broccoli.

Norah Fri 07-Apr-23 11:41:23

Red lentil soup, bread, salad, fruit. My lovely brother will be round all weekend - his favourites, less meat for Good Friday.

Jaxjacky Fri 07-Apr-23 11:51:39

Liver, bacon and onions with mash, cabbage, carrots and cauliflower.

annsixty Fri 07-Apr-23 12:10:10

Salmon and asparagus cooked in foil with lemon juice and butter to make its own sauce with little cubed potatoes to pop in the oven, as long as Sainsbury’s bring them in my afternoon delivery.

HowVeryDareYou2 Fri 07-Apr-23 21:38:03

Chicken Rogan Josh, rice and naans

MrsKen33 Sun 09-Apr-23 10:48:18

Easter Sunday in Wales, so lunch at DD’s will be Welsh lamb, with all the trimmings , as they say. Can’t wait.

annsixty Sun 09-Apr-23 11:27:48

I would love to have lamb ,so traditional, but my GD doesn’t like it so it is roast beef and Yorkshire puddings.
Roast potatoes and parsnips , creamed leeks and carrots.
No pudding we shall be full.

kittylester Sun 09-Apr-23 11:32:11

Lamb, roasted with garlic, anchovies and rosemary, roast potatoes, and a bag of Sainsbury's mixed veg to cook in the microwave - never done that before.shock All with gravy and redcurrant, mint and orange sauce.

HowVeryDareYou2 Sun 09-Apr-23 20:08:40

I don't like lamb, and we couldn't be bothered to cook a roast, so we has stir-fry chicken, vegetables and noodles, in a Chow Mein sauce.

Nannylovesshopping Sun 09-Apr-23 20:57:35

I’m stuffed, just back from my lovely daughters, roast gammon with roast potatoes cauliflower/broccoli cheese, sprouts green beans and roast Parmesan parsnips! Followed my mincemeat and apple pie drenched in cream, and of course wine, couldn’t manage any Easter egg😳🤣

crazyH Sun 09-Apr-23 21:07:04

I’m stuffed too - roast lamb, beef, roasties, the works !! My d.I.l. did a fantastic job, and lots of wine to boot. Drinking coffee to dilute the alcohol 😂

paddyann54 Sun 09-Apr-23 21:09:24

Neither of my children will eat lamb,too many springs spent at the farm with Papa when the wee lambs were incubated in the bottom of the AGA ...so no chance of ever actually COOKING lamb here when they are home.
Roast chicken ,a boiled ham ,cauliflower cheese and green beans ,Home made Garlic and cognac chicken liver pate or corn on the cob or chicken and sweet corn soup for starters and home made strawberry cheesecake or banoffee pie for afters ,I'm on a diet so its a calorie counted main with no first or last course for me

Primrose53 Sun 09-Apr-23 21:47:23

We had a turkey crown, roasties, carrots, leeks, peas and spring greens, yorkshire puds and gravy. We had choc cheesecake for dessert.

Norah Sun 09-Apr-23 23:07:04

Lamb, mint sauce rice, roasties, peas, lentil salad, fruit salad, green salad, pasta salad, breads and rolls. Chocolate cake, assorted ice cream (our daughter brought salads and ice creams). Wine - Lent is over. He Is Risen!

paddyann54 Mon 10-Apr-23 09:40:30

Ours isn't an Easter dinner as such ,its just another Sunday ,none of us are believers .I have my children and GC every Sunday apart from the one who is sometimes too ill to get here .

JaneJudge Mon 10-Apr-23 09:41:34

we had a buffet yesterday or party food as my dd calls it, so it's roast lamb today smile

Redhead56 Mon 10-Apr-23 09:52:12

I did one of Jamie’s recent recipes huge Yorkshire pudding with veg. A great success served it with lamb and new potatoes home made mint and wild garlic sauce. It’s the same meal today with the home made trifle.

TillyTrotter Mon 10-Apr-23 17:12:43

Homemade shepherds pie, spring greens and carrots.

Norah Mon 10-Apr-23 17:26:31

Leftover salads, bread I just made, and a lovely pie. We managed to rid ourselves of yesterdays leftover meats on our daughters.

MrsKen33 Mon 10-Apr-23 17:43:31

Home made shepherd’s pie with mashed swede and potato topping. Plus carrots and peas. No pudding as we have Easter eggs to eat.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion