Gransnet forums

Food

What's for dinner today?

(1001 Posts)
HowVeryDareYou2 Fri 03-Mar-23 18:14:04

I've just cooked cheesy-breadcrumbed Basa, with sweet potatoes and oven-roasted Mediterranean vegetables. (It's a Gousto recipe I had ages ago) Gorgeous.

margauxbordeaux Wed 31-May-23 14:35:06

One of our prized culinary treasures which is not as easy as it sounds to obtain at the Madrid Capital tapas bars ..

A scrumptuous home made spinach and Swiss Gruyère cheese, versatile with or without ham of choice, is our Quiche tonight.

HowVeryDareYou2 Wed 31-May-23 17:06:32

Tonight's will be chicken Rogan Josh and naan bread

keepcalmandcavachon Wed 31-May-23 17:11:11

Cottage pie, some of yours sound scrummy but I'v never been an adventurous cook ( the Coronation Quiche took me well out of my comfort zone)

kittylester Wed 31-May-23 18:15:23

A chicken and potato tray bake ripped out of the waitrose free newspaper thingy. I'll let you know.

kittylester Wed 31-May-23 18:36:48

It was a recipe ripped out of the Waitrose thingy. blush

Esmay Wed 31-May-23 18:53:24

Quiche and salad .
Strawberries and cream .

Norah Wed 31-May-23 19:01:31

Garlic & chilli baked beans (a new recipe to us, I cooked cannellini v tinned). Sourdough, salad, fruit sauce. All good and cheap as chips.

Jaxjacky Wed 31-May-23 19:08:55

Cold chicken, leftover from Sunday, broccoli, carrots and jacket potato.

margauxbordeaux Wed 31-May-23 19:18:10

New member wishes to say, I see so many superbly splendid recipes ..

AreWeThereYet Wed 31-May-23 20:51:15

Esmay

Quiche and salad .
Strawberries and cream .

We had that yesterday 😋

Ham and cheese tortellini in a creamy cheese sauce. Salted caramel mousse.

kittylester Wed 31-May-23 21:01:20

kittylester

A chicken and potato tray bake ripped out of the waitrose free newspaper thingy. I'll let you know.

Not brilliant really. I do a better tray bake with chicken,new potatoes, petters, onions, garlic and cheery tomatoes.

Redhead56 Wed 31-May-23 22:06:47

We have both been under the weather so I made a special Chinese meal hot and sour soup duck with pineapple and fried rice. I finished with home made banana fritters and my clotted cream ice cream.

multicolourswapshop Thu 01-Jun-23 07:24:58

I think I’ll have that juicy steak which is sitting in the fridge, with onions and mushrooms and now a fried egg on top will just finish it off with a glass of the bubbly while sitting in the garden like I did the other day slurp slurp

Norah Thu 01-Jun-23 11:16:12

Roast chicken - stuffed with garlics, lemon skins, herbs. Baked on chopped veg - leeks, onions, potatoes, carrots. Bread, salad, fruit gallette.

My lovely brother's favourite - family celebration time!

margauxbordeaux Thu 01-Jun-23 15:11:18

Due to our professional timetables on the 1st of June, we both had Menú del Días ( 3 course Lunches) at a favourite Madrid Capital neighbourhood Spanish Restaurant.

Starter: I had a Caesar Salad (no protein).
Main: I loved the line caught fresh perch.
Wine: I had the Chilled House Rosé .. and a bottle of Sparkling water with lemon.
Dessert: We shared the tri chocolate cheesecake and an Espresso.

13 €uros .. Also the meal came with a basket of warmed bread.

Was delightful.

Riverwalk Thu 01-Jun-23 17:02:08

That sounds a delicious bargain Margaux wine

As it's warm and sunny I'll be having a salad of smoked salmon, avocado and leaves sunshine

margauxbordeaux Thu 01-Jun-23 18:05:17

Yes it is quite reasonable if you compare what it would cost to prepare the meal at home.

The Smoked Salmon with avocado sounds wonderful. We enjoy Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon & avocado verses the traditional !!

margauxbordeaux Fri 02-Jun-23 08:06:07

Friday is our Corner Bar´s Terrace for Tapas & Wine with friends.

margauxbordeaux Fri 02-Jun-23 18:07:20

To hold us over until we have dinner, is an Iberian Ham & Breadstick Duo.

Dinner shall be 2 or 3 home made Tapas and wine ..

Nice weekend wishes.

margauxbordeaux Fri 02-Jun-23 18:09:36

Decided to have Tapas at home verses going out.

The weather is quite variable and not so pleasant.

merlotgran Fri 02-Jun-23 18:15:19

I hurt my back earlier in the week and it’s still sore so I’m having a lazy cook’s dinner tonight.

Gf breaded cod, frozen chips and frozen cauliflower cheese, All shoved in the halogen oven.

Callistemon21 Fri 02-Jun-23 18:34:56

Mackerel, I very rarely eat it but DH is cooking.

Tomorrow I'm planning a Jamie Oliver veggie curry that someone posted on another thread.
Who thought it would be so difficult to find Thai curry paste!

Hope your back feels better soon, merlotgran.

margauxbordeaux Fri 02-Jun-23 20:06:03

Merlotgran,

Speedy recovery.

merlotgran Fri 02-Jun-23 20:27:02

Thank you, Calli and margaux.
Entirely self inflicted In afraid. I was relocating some large pots in the garden without using the sack barrow so it serves me right.

Annoying when it stops you in your tracks though.

margauxbordeaux Fri 02-Jun-23 20:55:08

See how you feel tomorrow and if necessary go over to the Hospital Emergency for some medication to ease the pain and let them make sure that you do not require anything serious (an xray).

Best wishes.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion